SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Chainmail Retexture

Users who are viewing this thread

Ongay1

Recruit
Is it possible before this game releases that we can get a retexture of most chainmail armors? The colors are different that makes everything look bad. Armor aesthetic consistency would be a nice thing to have. If its possible.

I'd like to see a Vlandian mail shoulder armour that matches their mail armour texture. The existing Mail Shoulders item has a totally different texture.

Here's an example of what it could look like:
FdU0o3i.jpeg

I'm of the opinion to always allow a certain amount of creative freedom, but there are some fundamental things that can't miss. I know that 2d/3d artists in Taleworlds have some autonomy but it's only the art director's duty to have everything tied up at the end of the day.

Regarding this issue of chainmail we can see this lack of monitoring; each artist has decided what and how with basic guidelines that are too carefree. That's why we see all these colour inconsistencies in different pieces of armour.

A retexturing where the colour of the chainmail is a transversal and homogeneous variable across all models is entirely possible (in two weeks at most this would be done in a professional environment - plausible). However, I doubt Taleworlds would want to spend time on this.

Back
Top Bottom