Cavalry is overpowered

Is Cavalry OP?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

A very easy way to help balance cav is to have cav bump/knock down friendlies, this would solve a few issues with cav. There would be no more charging into group fights without possible consequences to your teammates. There is literally no downside to this, I don’t understand why it’s never mentioned by anyone.
Why would they not keep charging ? they're not the ones knocked on the ground.

A very easy way to help balance cav is to have cav bump/knock down friendlies, this would solve a few issues with cav. There would be no more charging into group fights without possible consequences to your teammates. There is literally no downside to this, I don’t understand why it’s never mentioned by anyone.

The primary downside is how it could affect public play, particularly given the prevalence of cavalry, and make it quite unenjoyable to deal with getting knocked over by teammates or even trolled by them. This could be lessened by doing something like making the duration of team-bumps and team-knockdowns shorter than the duration of those on enemies, but there’s still a lot of potential for abuse in public games.

I also don’t think a flat HP or armour nerf is the right way to go. There are much smarter ways to redefine the balance between the classes that promotes more skill-based gameplay, a few examples of which are in my first post on this thread.

The primary downside is how it could affect public play, particularly given the prevalence of cavalry, and make it quite unenjoyable to deal with getting knocked over by teammates or even trolled by them.
It worked fine in cRPG. And i dont see any differences between knocking teammates and shoot your teammates. As for trolling, i can easily troll my team as an archer even now. Just shoot your teammate to prevent his strikes in fighting. The friendly damage is very little anyway, so u can troll the team without killing anyone.

It worked fine in cRPG. And i dont see any differences between knocking teammates and shoot your teammates. As for trolling, i can easily troll my team as an archer even now. Just shoot your teammate to prevent his strikes in fighting. The friendly damage is very little anyway, so u can troll the team without killing anyone.
Hmmm nice tip, thanks!

Now i know why you shoot me everytime. Lol :smile:

it was easier to precisely maneuver horses in Warband, particularly at high speeds, so it was less of an issue in cRPG. on larger public servers where most people are not playing cavalry there is also a lesser potential negative impact from cavalry being able to bump teammates. in skirmish, particularly in pub games, an incompetent or trolling friendly cavalry could seriously frustrate their teammates. given how powerful knockdowns are rn it definitely would not be fun to get knocked down for 4 or 5 seconds by your teammate. there is so much potential for a change like that to make public games even more frustrating and boring than they already are.

i think it is better to stick to changes without the potential for a significant negative impact.

The primary downside is how it could affect public play, particularly given the prevalence of cavalry, and make it quite unenjoyable to deal with getting knocked over by teammates or even trolled by them. This could be lessened by doing something like making the duration of team-bumps and team-knockdowns shorter than the duration of those on enemies, but there’s still a lot of potential for abuse in public games.

I also don’t think a flat HP or armour nerf is the right way to go. There are much smarter ways to redefine the balance between the classes that promotes more skill-based gameplay, a few examples of which are in my first post on this thread.

There will always be potential for abuse when there is team damage, adding another element isn’t going to matter much. As far as unskilled players, you still get team hit either way

IMO cav is actually pretty balanced they actually feel like they matter again, now against inf I feel spear buff will help, I’d like to see more of a reduction on bump dmg like 3-7 dmg max, and reduce glance when hitting a horse and increase dmg a bit (not much) but cav actually feels useful especially when archers stray

I'm still on the mindset that they need specific game mechanics in place to screw over archers, hence why I voted no. I still think the ideal situation would be for melee attack animations while mounted to not be interrupted by projectiles, with throwing spears being the sole exception.

From my experience playing the game, cavalry can really only succeed in distracting archers and a distraction is only as useful as long as he can stay alive. Wanna know what would be even more useful? Actually killing the archer.

Part of cav's issue is how risk-free it is for them to push through a crowd of people with little to no slowdown. Why place all that risk on the teammate's shoulders, instead of implementing something much simpler first, which is to stop people getting pushed around and have a limit on how many people a cav can bump through? At low speed the horse then would not be able to walk out of an army like it currently can.

Team damage on horse bumps is such an overworked addition that totally changes the game, when there are myriad options for balance first.

Last edited:
Add receiving damage on horses when u ride into wall or any other obstacle in full speed .... one of the ways to force ppl not to play dumb and punishing cav for mistakes.

Team damage on horses is one of the best things to happen to cav in cRPG, and I would fully welcome it here.

Even before team damage reporting it was never a major problem and served as a major limiting factor far cavalry in close teamfights.

Another change I would love to see is to have the longest bump-knockdown duration be reduced, in the worst cases you lay down for like 3-4 seconds, which is insane in a teamfight scenario and should be reduced to no more than 2 seconds in my opinion.

Last edited:
Add receiving damage on horses when u ride into wall or any other obstacle in full speed .... one of the ways to force ppl not to play dumb and punishing cav for mistakes.
That's a good Idea.It will also make it more accurate like no horse in real life will drive himself into a wall with 80km/h

Back
Top Bottom