SP Native Catacombs mod 0.91

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea.

Also maybe the old man guy could warn you about what you'll face, tell you to stay away from the men at arms and prison guards early on, find some weapons and armor etc. Would be cool  :cool:

Yeah, and for those who are wondering why I have been gone for a few days, my comp broke. Also, I think in this mod there should be spiders that jump out of nowhere on maps. That would be cool. :razz:

One more thing if anyone is still doing this mod.

For me, armor is completely worthless. I usually play with no armor and a 2 handed sword, and I can win easily. The reason armor is useless is because its so SLOW. I refuse to wear it in a fight because I know the enemy will surround me. Speed is my best ally.

I start the game with speed, so what use is armor? I suggest making the armor very light to weightless. I always enjoyed the simplicity of games like heroes of might and magic, you find a new set of armor, put it on and you're off. You don't have to consider being slower (which really is just an annoyance in a game like that), and for the purpose of this mod I think it should be the same. It really makes it so that, even though it's my choice, I have nothing to look forward to except a new weapon or 2. It becomes level up a few times grab a new weapon and get out of the dungeon, instead of working your way through steps to make yourself better which is the main draw of this mod imo.

[edit] Also I think the guards armor should be slightly weighted. If they all moved the same speed as me wearing heavy armor, it defeats the point. Stuff like the dragon armor though, ought to be weightless.

pretty fun although, once i got near the prison keep i was obliterated (damn army patrols  :evil: )

anyways IMO the battle areas are to big, and its kind of hard to find the guys until you figure out where there spawning from

I think that's a good idea Gerec, the armor weights should be reduced -- but the better ones should be a little heavier.
With all these ideas and a few I've had this could become a really fun and replayable mod, when I'll be able to mod some more (don't know when this will be yet), this will be the one I update first.

Great mod. You should keep working on it (easy for me to say).

Few ideas:

1. Where is the chest at the beginning of combat?

2. Encumbrance is way too high. Armor is worthless because opponents move twice as fast. And if you pick up some item that is light in real life like a staff or a one-handed sword in the game you are noticably slowed down.

3. Sometimes the loot is better than what the opponent was fighting with.

4. Opponents with slow weapons are worthless. You can simply hit them faster than they can block. I know this relates to the games enigne but it could be somewhat adjusted for with the weapon stats.

Thanks for sharing you work.

I had planned to ask how you get out of the Inn... until I read the note about "tabbing out".

I never tabbed out of the prison cell *wicked grin* and got out but lost about half my health in the process - ouch!

Stop necroing (Reviving dead threads) NO one besides you have posted in the thread for a year. Thus it is dead. So don't bother. Also try using search to answer you questions. grammar, spelling and punctuation are also nice.

If you must post, try wording it like this: "I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I have a question, and I didn't want to start a new thread"

sedan said:
i only find knife and and fish can someone help me
And if you have to necro, at least tell us the question.
It's like you are asking your maths teacher: "i no haw 2 count lol, plz halp."

Only if someone decides to port it which i don't think anyone will. You should consider looking at the postdates before posting next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom