Castle Cash Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

I mainly play Multiplayer, and have generally avoided Singleplayer (I dislike half-baked features). But recently downloaded the "Serve as a Soldier" mod, something that was really important to me setting up a character in Warband.

My character recently received a castle (his first fief) and he is bleeding denars, at the moment around 800 denars per day sometimes a 1000 a day. I have no control over recruitment costs, an automated system (?) that constantly recruits more soldiers into my garrison, and the max capacity is 300. My character has probably bled around 50k, trying to build upgrades for increased taxes and wage cuts to soldiers in the garrison (while fighting off the low loyalty and potentially a revolt).
The only way I can rake back any denars and alleviate the loss is simply by warring but I'm still losing denars.

I currently have 3 workshops and luckily the kingdom is receiving tributes, the attached villages are safe and I've managed to push back any raids.
I'm at the point now where I feel I should take out some choice troops and give up the fief.
Am I missing something here. Any suggestions are welcome, but please don't tell me to cheese smithing.

EDIT- In the end I did a bit of digging around on the internet and found that we could turn off the auto recruitment or limit it. I culled a 100 troops - giving them to an allied castle and turned off the auto recruitment and now I'm gaining monies c:Also choosing decent troops and giving away the fief would still have me bleeding denars.

Last edited:
Glad you got it all sorted out. Makes you wonder how the AI can function while doing nothing about these things and doing no extra activities for money.
Fief income and workshops/caravan are very modest and it takes a good collection of towns, each balanced for cost as you've done, to start to actually have a true + passive income. Warefare and lots of it is the key to money in this game. Or rather, if you raise up expensive soldiers you need to be putting them to work. You can have a force of t4 troops and possibly stabilize with a fief or 2 and workshops, but if you're using full powered full sized party you need to be constantly using it to get battle loot and prisoners! Double so for extra clan parties, if you make extra parties you need to make sure they army up with you and you make them fight to earn their keep. Otherwise they derp around burning your money. Keep on fighting lords and making money, get even better at have zero losses and just chain destroying them for massive loot and ransoms!

Back
Top Bottom