Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well I was thinking that shots that land near an NPC or player will have some effect on their accuracy. Also hoping that NPCs will use cannons on boarding battles.

matmohair1 said:
:grin:

Officer_renders.jpg

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Armors look fantastic but the water still looks absolutely horrid. I still don't get why they changed it, the Native water looks fine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddiC9OJiK7A

This actually looks pretty badass so far. I did not realize it was a real expansion before I noticed this thread... Always thought it was just a regular mod made my some modders which had gotten a lot of attention.

I wonder if there will be huge waves and storms...

Backstay said:
This actually looks pretty badass so far. I did not realize it was a real expansion before I noticed this thread... Always thought it was just a regular mod made my some modders which had gotten a lot of attention.

I wonder if there will be huge waves and storms...

Oh god if it's done right that will be awesome, maybe high waves that you can get behind to block cannonballs a la AC3

Going with how boats work in Brytenwalda for example (and where ever they took that module from, I guess), they should be able to have sort of effect that affects the way the ship handles. Nothing dynamic, but in general it should be possible to a certain degree.
Mostly because it has been done already :razz:

Ah yeah, I loved the Brytenwalda naval battles especially because of that  features, like moving the ship to east to receive more wind then slaught the enemy with the arrows.

Ivan the Mediocre said:
Also hoping that NPCs will use cannons on boarding battles.
There is something called "swivel guns" on one of the screenshots. I supouse they will be used in boarding action.
index.php
-----------------------------------------------
It looks like people do not understand what they see, so I will try to explain if I can. Please, forgive my awful english. I hope it isn't too painfull for you and you will be able to understand me.

Image:
index.php
Commentary:

1. Under the minimap there are four icons.
a) First one - current wind speed.
b) Second - compass and wind direction most likely. Can't be sure but it is stupid to have wind speed and not wind direction. Dinamic wind direction.
c) The third - the current speed of your ship. Probably affected by the cargo, the crew numbers and their expirience, the wind speed and angle, officers stats, and the type of the ship.
d) The last one is unknown. My guess - something like "full sails / half sails"
-"Full sails" - more speed, less manevarabuility - to escape from enemy ships or their cannon range. Sails take more damage in this position.
-"Half sails" - more manevarabuility, less speed - to turn your ship during the cannon fire exchange. Sails take less damage in this position.

2. The ship at the front. Right between the ship itself and the sailor there is something like a shadow in the water. This is an enemy ship, that just have been sunked. Notice the first icon on the top left (the player ship I think). The three bars underneat it represent that the ship is damaged, in cannon fire exchange with sunked ship obviously.
-white bar - sails conditition, affects max speed and manevarabuility
-red bar - hull conditition, affects manevarabuility,
-green bar - crew numbers, affects everything

3. The bottom right part of the screen, there are:
a) three icons for cannon shots
-grapeshots - max crew damage, usefull before boarding, less range
-ordinary shots - max hull damage, usefull to sink ships, max range
-chainshots - max sails damage, usefull to escape from superiour enemy, medium range

b) under them - three icons for fleet formations:
-wedge
-line
-eh... don't remember the term

c) under them - two extra icons:
-white flag - to withdraw the selected ship from the battle if it is too damaged or if it is loaded with too valuable cargo
-hammer and ...? - quick repair (on the battle map)

5. The guns have different caliber (previous image). This affects their damage, range and loading speed.

6. Notice the third icon on the top left (triangle sails, the smaller of the player's ships). It has minimal crew, becouse it just has been borded and captured, to be sold with the cargo in the nearest friendly port. There is another sinking ship on the edge of the minimap (only small triangle sails are visible). Behind the flag on the front ship there is half-hidden enemy ship, still fighting.
Obviously the player encounter small enemy merchant convoy, and is in the process of destroying them.

I HAVE SEEN ALL THESE FEATURES BEFORE IN ANOTHER GAME. The UI is almost identical - including the text "1 sailor rescued from the wather." The game concept too. And it is a solid concept. This is almost a compleate rip-off of "City of abandoned ships" transfered directly on Warband engine. THAT IS WHY I KNOW THIS WILL BE A GREAT GAME. I HAVE PLAYED IT BEFORE. The game studio that developed this series doesn't exist anymore, so I TOTALY APROVE the rip-off.

-----------------------------------------------

Now to the point:
deutrino said:
The smootness (the feeling) of ship-to-ship battles is the one thing that can make or break the game.

It looks like the player will control his own ship not with the WASD keys, but with the mouse - pointing on the see and clicking, where he wants his ships to go. (like "Total War: Rome 2" fleet battles). This one scares me A LOT. Imagine what M&B horse combat would be with such controls. While this will make commanding several ships more easier , I am a bit worried.... In "City of abandoned ships" there was inertia, decreasing speed at hard maneuvars, fluid movement and great fun. I am not sure that the same can be achieved with mouse clicking.

I can't wait for this. Seems really cool.

Any idea when it'll be released? I believe I read somewhere that it would be out before we went into 2013, but it didn't, and I couldn't find anymore about it then. Anyone knows?

Naval action has nice looking waves and weather
http://www.navalaction.com/blog/2013/10/17/october-update
http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/212-climate-in-game-weather/

No avatar combat though (yet)

The PC release of the game is scheduled for an Autumn of 2012.

10/23/2013

I'm wondering if this will ever be released.  Though.... if it is released it'll probably be really damn good.  Extremely good games tend to follow the pattern of having a **** ton of delays before being released.  (Besides Duke Nukem Forever, though the people that made that game made it as bad as it was on purpose obviously :smile: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom