Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they said that it's postponed for an "indefinite period of time," I'm pretty sure that the project is canceled outright :sad:

It seemed like they'd put a good bit of development time into it as well. Perhaps being a small company and having other game(s) out, they just couldn't keep up with all of it simultaneously. Maybe someday we'll see a Bannerlord version; would be nice to have a M&B styled game in such a setting, I think.

They published another dev blog yesterday though.

Hello everyone,

Once again we would like to apologize for the silence on the "Caribbean" - seeing that the players start to worry, we decided to do another update and tell you what we're working at the moment.

First, we digest the results Eurogamer Expo. We got a lot of reviews, ranging from enthusiastic to "I can mod M & B better" (our favorite comment).

The last six months we were mainly engaged in the video and the visual beauty, but the reviews have shown us that we need a better look at the code. Slower machines lead to numerous crashes the game or subsidence huge FPS. Given the experience with the "Fire and Sword", we decided to start to fix it before the release, and not after, so last month we focus on optimizing and refactoring the code. This is a very tedious job that can not tell about the fun - it's kind of explains our silence.

In addition to the alteration of the game code, we also engaged in optimizing graphics - original model ships were still too detailed, so the extra parts we have to cut in the name of optimization.

All of this is quite time-consuming tasks, so once again we moved the timing of release, and was even asked to take pre-orders welcome our Russian publisher.

The timing of release until we can not say anything, but we still hope to have time to get used to Mount & Blade 2, or as we flooded the Russian cruiser "Varyag" .

By the way, the work continues on the graphics - for example, we do a series of brutal new characters:

The way I read that explanation: the lead programmer, faced with several bugs in some other people's code, instead of fixing those bugs, decided to rewrite all that code ("It will be better and faster! And I'm amazingly quick!"). However, it didn't go at all quickly or smoothly and merely postponed the project. That's why you don't allow engineers to run projects, all they want to do is rewrite less-than-perfect-but-working code. :smile:

Just speculating, but when I see someone mention "refactoring", I'm immediately reminded of how many poorly managed projects went belly up because of needless rewrites.

I'm kind off divided in this game on one hand they keep postponing it on the other we get developer blogs every once in a while..
I really want this game but I wonder will it ever release :/ ?

JabdiMelborn said:
...Hope they can they do better "ship battle" than this 2012 WB mods:...
Hey, there are practically no bugs in that  :smile:
But seriously, I doubt they'll make the ships moving while the melee battle takes place.
Like we've seen in some screenshots it's probably stationary ships connected with boarding planks.

It would have to be, MB's engine doesn't support the physics needed for motion on moving ships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom