Caribbean!

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahkuri

Marquis
What's all this about Yoshiboy?

I recall downloading the pirates mod he made for M&B beta 0.something, but leaving the project for anyone who wished to continue his work. But all that was ages ago, like 2006 or something.
 

Merlkir

Nahkuri said:
What's all this about Yoshiboy?

I recall downloading the pirates mod he made for M&B beta 0.something, but leaving the project for anyone who wished to continue his work. But all that was ages ago, like 2006 or something.

he also started making it for Warband and it was epic as ****. And he asked TW if they maybe wanted to have him develop it as an official expansion. And afaik they didn't respond at all.
 

Kazzan

Count
M&BWBNW
Yoshiboy said:
Can people stop PMing me. I'm fully aware of the situation. I've got nothing to say at the moment but in about a week or something I should be able to explain everything.
 

Smissen

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNW
Wulfburk said:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgames.totalwars.ru%2Fpreview%2F3d-action%2F788-mount-and-blade-karibes-preview.html

A Russian site's article mentioned there will be a new M&B add-on called (To the caribbeans), from the developers of M&B: WFAS (SiCH Studio).

The game will be set around the year 1650 in the caribbeans islands and a part of south america, it will be based on pirates faction, and will include other factions such as English, Dutch, Spanish and French.
They confirmed it will be historical based on Rafael Sabatini's books and there will be no "Jack Spparows".

Kar1.jpg


Kar2.jpg

I just jizzed my pants........ THEY ARE GOING TO ADD THE DUTCH!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:


P.S,can someone give me a contact link to the developers? I would love to give them
historical advice for the Dutch.
 

Lord Burgess1

Pretty sure they will be using the same sources the books used.

I.E. not you.
 

CJ1145

Baron
WB
Oh, dear lord. This is just... wow. There's a very good reason I never purchased WFAS. Who gave them the go-ahead to make this?

 

Varadin

Spring chicken
Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Im saying this is ****crap cuse they are just making a mod not a new game as far as i see, they same gameplay and graphics will be as same as warband ones, so whats actually new ?

well im gonna tell you , NOTHING only new modules,textures,sounds, and guns

and they are selling the mod not the game,so i say F*** you ! Now every single modder here should sell his mod ? wow i cant imagaion how much would cRPG earn money...pathetic honestly.
 

Nahkuri

Marquis
The only need I can see from your more sad than amusing outburst is a need to go out, be social and maybe talk to some nice girls.
 
Varadin said:
Im saying this is ****crap cuse they are just making a mod not a new game as far as i see, they same gameplay and graphics will be as same as warband ones, so whats actually new ?

well im gonna tell you , NOTHING only new modules,textures,sounds, and guns

and they are selling the mod not the game,so i say F*** you ! Now every single modder here should sell his mod ? wow i cant imagaion how much would cRPG earn money...pathetic honestly.

I completely agree. Sich Studios should be banned from making expansions to gaming sequels.
 

K-64

Archduke
theAthenian said:
If you don't like it don't buy it. No need to hate on it.

Well, there is a good reason to make your dislike of things known, it tells the developers that they need to get their bloody act together and start making decent games
 

Moss

Count
WBWF&S
Although I wish they'd outsourced the engine to a different development studio to make a colonialism era game, Sich really aren't that bad.

WFaS was made at the same time as Warbands and they did a decent job with it. The problem was simply that it wasn't made clear to consumers that WFaS wasn't a sequel to Warbands, wasn't in-fact even made after it. Hopefully Paradox will refer to this one as an expand-alone or spin off, rather than a sequel this time. It caused a lot of grief with people who didn't realize that WFAS wasn't supposed to be a sequel to Warbands, let alone that it wasn't made by TW in the first place, bought it and were confused by the lack of improvements and missing features.

At any rate, it'll be extra funding for TW for production of M&B2 and although I won't jump on it on release day like I would have for an Orange Duck production, I'll still get it once it comes out.
 

theAthenian

Moss said:
Although I wish they'd outsourced the engine to a different development studio to make a colonialism era game, Sich really aren't that bad.

WFaS was made at the same time as Warbands and they did a decent job with it. The problem was simply that it wasn't made clear to consumers that WFaS wasn't a sequel to Warbands, wasn't in-fact even made after it. Hopefully Paradox will refer to this one as an expand-alone or spin off, rather than a sequel this time. It caused a lot of grief with people who didn't realize that WFAS wasn't supposed to be a sequel to Warbands, let alone that it wasn't made by TW in the first place, bought it and were confused by the lack of improvements and missing features.

At any rate, it'll be extra funding for TW for production of M&B2 and although I won't jump on it on release day like I would have for an Orange Duck production, I'll still get it once it comes out.
This.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom