Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wildyracing said:
@Astupaio

Well it's your choice what to buy or like, but after reading your last post I honestly think that you don't have anything do to here in the forum...
That's exactly right. This forum exists solely for discussing mount and blade, nothing else. Austupaio has been here for six years and 100% of that has been him saying that he hates mount and blade. Thats's precisely what happened. No off topic chat at all whatsoever. You better leave, Aust  :grin:

But yeah. They did do a lot to this, Austinpew has a point. Although I do still want to play it. I dunno.

YourStepDad said:
"hurr durr is ugly" when its really not is just bollocks, not criticism.
Sigh.

Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif

Nice try but that's the Swedish Royal Crown (King to the right, Queen to the left)

006e5500d6c6f894bc63d2729409cf09.png

Austupaio said:
It's on a 5 year old game engine that looked 5 years old when it came out, and they've done a worse job replacing many art assets, where they even replaced them instead of just getting rid of the feature altogether. The interface is pretty haphazard, they're still using the old font, which gets blurry in the way they're using it.

All in all, like most of the paid 'DLC', it's been trash compared to mods, so Snowbird , FSE and Taleworlds can **** off, I'll certainly never be buying any of their products. I only even have Napoleonic Wars because it cost me about 90 cents.

Are your only problems with the game the poor graphics(they look fine, imo) and blurry text? You're going to have to do better than that. The fact that you have said nothing about gameplay leads me to suspect that you haven't even bothered to watch any gameplay videos so I'm curious how you're making comparisons to mods. How about you come up with some real grievances?

Probably wont buy it until one of those insane sales, I wonder how much of the money Snowbird makes goes back to Taleworlds. I'm always up to supporting Taleworlds though.

Rigadoon said:
Are your only problems with the game the poor graphics(they look fine, imo) and blurry text? You're going to have to do better than that. The fact that you have said nothing about gameplay leads me to suspect that you haven't even bothered to watch any gameplay videos so I'm curious how you're making comparisons to mods. How about you come up with some real grievances?
I only mentioned graphics because that's all StepDad mentioned.

All I need to say about real grievances is that the game has less features than vanilla Warband, but go ahead and wah wah at me because you feel the need to justify your purchase after being ripped off buying into early access.

It is easy to push your point when you can just debase opposing ideas by accusing fanboyism or buyer's stockholm syndrome, isn't it? Too bad I actually haven't bought Carribean and don't intend to.

Less features is arguably true. However, some of the new features, such as ship combat, have a huge impact on overrall gameplay, while some of the ones removed were nearly worthless(town walking). Comparing the number of bullet points under the feature lists is a poor way to decide whether or not Native has more satisfying content than Carribean. You would have to play the game or watch a playthrough to accurately weigh them. I think it is safe to say that neither of us really care enough about the game to do that, but that's why you don't see me expressing any strong opinions on it.

I would be surprised if Aust actually played warband regularly enough to have a proper grasp of its features.  :razz:

What really astounds me though is that it seems he is upset about TW letting modders sell DLCs. (Yes, i do realize the gripes are probably with quality control,  but honestly most of the products went the way of mods and many games for that matter - starting out with loads of bugs and slowly getting more polished after release.) I much rather see that than no possibility for modders to create a Dlc type mod.

I would be surprised if Aust actually played warband regularly enough to have a proper grasp of its features.
At least 20 hours in vanilla, maybe 40 in Xenoargh's mod, probably 10-15 in Gekokujo, 5-10 L'Aigle plus a scattering of hours over other mods. Sufficient, after at least 100-200 in Mount & Blade.

What really astounds me though is that it seems he is upset about TW letting modders sell DLCs. (Yes, i do realize the gripes are probably with quality control,  but honestly most of the products went the way of mods and many games for that matter - starting out with loads of bugs and slowly getting more polished after release.) I much rather see that than no possibility for modders to create a Dlc type mod.
It's because they pick unreliable or down-right scummy developers who end producing ****ty content to give money to than all the other great modders who are reliable, are not scumlords and have had a much larger role in the community. In this case in particular, Caribbean, I still think it's absolutely **** that Yoshi had been shot down on his offer and then they subsidize this crap.

Austupaio said:
At least 20 hours in vanilla, maybe 40 in Xenoargh's mod, probably 10-15 in Gekokujo, 5-10 L'Aigle plus a scattering of hours over other mods. Sufficient, after at least 100-200 in Mount & Blade.
1311 hours in Warband alone.

git gud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom