Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

tchaik

Recruit
Summary: Caravans of all factions continuously go between Akkalat and Odokh. There's about 20+ at a time just alternating between just these two towns.
How to Reproduce: Whenever I go to that region it's happening. I'm about 1200 days in on this playthrough. It happens every playthrough. Reloading the save seems to help for one in-game day.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): This is a new account, so I can't post a screenshot yet.
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 1660
GPU Driver Version: 21.21.14.6192
CPU: intel i5-9600k
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: msi z something
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): ssd

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I've uploaded it. In this particular file I also encountered another bug, not sure if I should make a separate post? It's also to do with caravans. I was (accidentally) able to create a caravan for a companion who was already leading a caravan. What happened was that I happened to spot my companion in the tavern district of a town and assumed the original caravan was captured (of course), so I took that companion to my party and formed a new caravan without realizing. So now there's two caravans for that companion, one of which doesn't really have a leader? Before I reloaded the save to upload, the caravan flag on the map had the same name as the companion, but afterwards just says caravan of <my hero's name>.

I've been trying to wrap my head around why this is happening (without looking at the code). I've tried switching the workshops to all different types of options, changing the surrounding towns' workshops, buying all the trade & food items at both Odokh and Akkalat, and buying all the trade & food items at surrounding towns and selling them to Odokh and Akkalat, but nothing seemed to work.

I then noticed both Odokh and Akkalat had about 1000 sumpter horses and 1000 mules at each town. So I bought those and then slaughtered them all. I sold the meat back to each town. This immediately cleared up the caravan ping-ponging! I think there's an issue where both towns have extremely similar village production, i.e. sheep, horses, clay, and ore. (actually most of the Khuzait towns produce these things...) But especially the horses. There is so much sumpter and mule production in Calradia that thousands can accumulate at horse-producing towns. Maybe the caravans have trouble with this because they want to buy pack animals and horses for profit at both towns.

So I went around to most towns with horse producing villages attached/nearby, and there are just thousands of mules and sumpters at these towns. If it caused the ping-ponging in Odokh and Akkalat, it must be disrupting other trade routes, too. Especially if two towns with a large horse supply are nearby to one another.

Okay so my 'fix' is very temporary. After 100 sumpters and mules are in each town again, the ping-ponging mostly resumes.

Back
Top Bottom