Capitalization Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Mizkif

Veteran
Sankis from the SA forums noticed that if you edit the files in Mount&Blade/Mods/Native you can capitalize or completely change the names of things in the game such as towns and units. I went ahead and spent an hour or so capitalizing as much as I could. I tested it for a couple of minutes just now and it works well except that I couldn't find out how to fix Zendar or Veluca. Everything else seems alright but no guarantees.

Download it here:
http://www.mizkif.mynuts.org/junk/mnbcapitalization.zip

Install instructions:
1. Place .zip in Mount&Blade/Mods/Native
2. Make backups of the quests, party_templates, strings, factions, towns, and troops files.
3. Unzip into Mount&Blade/Mods/Native
4. Drink one gallon of bleach
5. ???
6. Profit!

Not everything is capitalized and there may be some errors, after all I did this at 3 in the morning.

Also if you want to you could completely rename things. Think "Borcha" is a silly name? Open up the file, find "Borcha", and rename it to whatever your heart's content. Or any other unit for that matter. Hopefully the next releases will have everything capitalized already. I like my games looking professional!

If there's any issues or omissions then post them here and if I feel like it I could make an updated version, but you could probably just do it yourself, I mean it's not that hard.

And hopefully integrated into the next version - it's a small detail, but it'd go a long way to making the next build look more professional.

Oh yeah, this was made for version .621 so I'm not entirely sure if it's compatible with the new one. It probably is but I haven't tested it yet today.

Does anyone know if you can change the attribute, skill, or item names? I didn't see them last night.

edit: Okay I'm pretty positive it will work with the new version but it will most likely use all of the last version's attributes for troops and such, so you probably shouldn't use it. I'll try to make an update tonight.

Back
Top Bottom