Resolved cant start the game after e1.5.1 update

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, please try deleting the "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder. If this doesn't help, please give me more info using the template below:

Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

@elysebluemoon I am having the exact same issue, my game was working fine in singleplayer 1.4.2, but ever since I updated to the latest patch today 1.5.1 I believe, my game does not launch, I can provide video evidence if you need clarification.

Installed community-made modifications: Deleted all mods
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 6gb SSC
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 16gb 2666mhz
Motherboard: MSI b350 Tomahawk
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD game is stored on my D: drive

@elysebluemoon I am having the exact same issue, my game was working fine in singleplayer 1.4.2, but ever since I updated to the latest patch today 1.5.1 I believe, my game does not launch, I can provide video evidence if you need clarification.

Installed community-made modifications: Deleted all mods
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 6gb SSC
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 16gb 2666mhz
Motherboard: MSI b350 Tomahawk
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD game is stored on my D: drive
Hi, please check if there are any leftover mod files by following this article. You can also try deleting the "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder.

Hi, please check if there are any leftover mod files by following this article. You can also try deleting the "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder.
I have deleted those files and that folder. My game will launch ONLY if launched from the bannerlord.exe, so the problem is definitely tied to the launcher. I am even able to switch to Multiplayer from the main menu of bannerlord and see all my online friends. However due to the fact that the game was not launched via the launcher, the anti-cheat software is not running in conjunction with bannerlord and therefor I cannot connect to any games or queue for matchmaking due to "Not all players are running the game with Anti-Cheat". Is there a solution to me being able to play multiplayer without having a functioning launcher? I haven't figured out a way to load the battleye service independently of the launcher yet.

EDIT: FIXED! Solution was to run the bannerlord_be.exe file directly which also included battle eye. Thanks again for your assitance!

Last edited:
i have delete the files and still it didn't work so i have delete all the mods as well.
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2070 OC 8GB
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
RAM: DDR4 16GB 3200
Motherboard: TUF B450M-PRO gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD the game stored in the D:grin:rive

Same issue on 1.5.0
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
RAM: DDR4 32GB
Motherboard: XPS 8930
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD the game stored in D: Drive
Complete re-install, all drivers up to date, deleted config file and restarted. Manual startup from .exe works.

Last edited:
Can you try to verify the game files through Steam after deleting all of the contents of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin" folder and try launching again?
You can also check if this folder has any .dll files that are not from our side. It should look like this, please remove any .dll files that is not listed below:
bqNjgVh.png

Back
Top Bottom