Resolved Cant load, Cant Save - Game crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

so the problem is, whenever i try to load any savegame from any version, the game crashes instantly. Also when trying to save my game while ingame the Error "Cannot create Save Data" appears. Nothing seems to help this problem.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hello,

so the problem is, whenever i try to load any savegame from any version, the game crashes instantly. Also when trying to save my game while ingame the Error "Cannot create Save Data" appears. Nothing seems to help this problem.

A lot of us has the same problem. Just out of curiosity what version are you playing? My "can't create save data" problem didn't start until I installed version 1.42 - all versions before that 1.0-1.41 work fine.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.
I have actually had this happen with 2 different save files now in 1.5.3 Immediate crash when loading save. Is there a good way to just upload save files that we know crash and not have to make a thread so its less forum work. Can we just use the uploader and describe the crash?

I have actually had this happen with 2 different save files now in 1.5.3 Immediate crash when loading save. Is there a good way to just upload save files that we know crash and not have to make a thread so its less forum work. Can we just use the uploader and describe the crash?
We use the forum threads to follow up if the issue is fixed or if we need more info from the player. You can upload your save files and reference this thread.

We use the forum threads to follow up if the issue is fixed or if we need more info from the player. You can upload your save files and reference this thread.
ok thank you, I have had it happen 3 times in the last 2 week, I figure if I send a corrupted save file it might help the team track down a problem so will do

ok thank you, I have had it happen 3 times in the last 2 week, I figure if I send a corrupted save file it might help the team track down a problem so will do
I've received the save file. Have you played with any mods (currently or before) and can you send a crash dump and post the ID here?

I've received the save file. Have you played with any mods (currently or before) and can you send a crash dump and post the ID here?
ViNCn.jpg
beta branch
no mods ever

Not sure but couldn\t copy and paste the ID is there a way to do it manually

I am having a similar issue. In my case, I can start the game just fine but I can never save, and if I try to load a save it crashes. Also, I can play the game but as soon as i get into a battle or an extended loading screen it crashes. It always says that it needs to collect the necessary files but never does. I have verified the file integrity and uninstalled and reinstalled many times. I even went as far as downloading mods to see if that could fix it. it didn't. Unfortunately, the game has become unplayable for me at this point and I don't know what to do anymore

I am having a similar issue. In my case, I can start the game just fine but I can never save, and if I try to load a save it crashes. Also, I can play the game but as soon as i get into a battle or an extended loading screen it crashes. It always says that it needs to collect the necessary files but never does. I have verified the file integrity and uninstalled and reinstalled many times. I even went as far as downloading mods to see if that could fix it. it didn't. Unfortunately, the game has become unplayable for me at this point and I don't know what to do anymore
have you tried a different patch tree, maybe going to one earlier version, to see if a single version is causing you a problem

The QA team could not reproduce this crash. Are you still having the same problem on our current build?
I still have same issue so that tells me it is a problem on my end, some setting maybe hardware, I will double check that all drivers are good, thank you and I will report if I figure out problem so others may know of a fix

Hi, I have the same issue, after reinstaling 3 times (erasing the folders of the game and steam), dowgrade the betta module (from1.5.23 to 1.4.3 trying in each betta) and erasing the suposed "corrupt files", i can´t save game a message that saids "cannot save files" appears all time that i tried to save.

Pd: Steam cloud is unable, to avoid an instant crash when clicks in saved games or campaning in Main Menu.

Last edited:
Problem Solved, it cant load/ save because the antivirus took away the permissions to the game (using Bitdefender as antivirus).
Now its working as always and i upgraded to beta version 1.5.2 correctly.

I have posted on here before about the same issue I was experiencing(see above for reference) and I can say that after the update the game saves still did not work for me so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and now the game will not even start.

I have posted on here before about the same issue I was experiencing(see above for reference) and I can say that after the update the game saves still did not work for me so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and now the game will not even start.
Are you still having the same problem?

Back
Top Bottom