CANT INCREASE BATTLE SIZE PAST 150 ANYMORE, WTF

Users who are viewing this thread

Changing rlg config or using battle sizer does not help. The values change, but in the options and in the game 150 troops at once is the maximum.

What changed? Could it be a windows 10 issue? I started launching battle sizer and warband as an administrator, but its the same crap.

Comparatively, the battle sizer for WFAS works fine, so I'm not sure its a windows issue, probalby has to do with some of the recent crappy updates warband go, whenever the last update was.

Anyone know how to fix this? How to change it? For me warband is destroyed if i cannot increase the battle size past what I want. 600 or even 750 used to work flawlessly before, not months ago. What changed?

I actually tried it and it works, I had it set on maximum manually via the game and the value in the config file was 1.000, before changing the value in-game that indicated a number of troops was 150, when I changed the value in the files to 2.000 the value in the games' settings jumped up to 275, therefore I assume that it works. I did not go deep enough tho, since I was too lazy to go into a 300+ battle without having played SP for a year or so.

Well, now that I read it I tried it but only theoretically

Last edited:
Okay I figured out the reason. Here's a strange one

For whatever reason, my saves and rlg_config were not in the "Mount & Blade Warband" and "Mount & Blade Warband Savegames" folders, respectively, but instead, in my documents there was an odd folder called "AD1257" and "AD 1257 savegames"

I was wondering why, until I opened it and saw, to my suprise, a rlg_log there, and all my warband savegames were in the AD1257 savegames folder.

This is obviously a steam workshop issue, which is where I am subscribed to the AD1257 mod. My friend had the same issue but with a mod of another name. For some reason the game gave its savegame and file directories names of mods. I obviously didn't do such a thing myself. Stranger still is that it works.

If anyone has this issue, either look for your rlg_log and a suspiciously missplaced folder with a name of a mod in your "my documents" or simply unsub from all your workshop items and reinstall the game. It seems to always have a savegames folder bearing the name of a random mod from workshop that one has subbed to (and the actual mod folders should be directly in Warband folder first, and not my documents)

Back
Top Bottom