Can't get black dragon mount

Users who are viewing this thread

fafafadsa

Recruit
I can't seem to start the Rolf bandit quest, or the stable quest. I've tried talking to the tavern and i've camped outside tugla but nothing comes up

There is in fact a very interesting mount that fits that certain description hidden in the game files *cough cough* if you cheat *cough cough*, but I what I think he's referring to is a special ultra-tough warhorse called "Giant Dragon" that you can win by completing the Horse Market challenges.

It's actually called Giant Dargon. It's a huge horse with 80 armour, 37 speed, a ton of HP... it's about 50% bigger than the average horse and has goat horns. It requires 6 riding and you have to do a little riding test that should take 4-5 attempts to complete, not very hard really

The other horse you unlock from the market is rainbow horse which has 40 armour and 60 speed. So its a matter of speed vs armour. The rainbow horse is a horse archery challenge that requires horse archery 6 to do but you can do it on a companion, I did it with rolf but Xerina is a good choice with her high archery skill, I tend to shape her into an archer and get the 6 horse archery skill on her. It's a bit harder imo than the melee riding challenge I think but neither are all that hard, and you get a clue scroll from this one as well

Here are the stats, easier on the eyes:
MuoStwT.jpg

@Kiri Kaneko
"I think but neither are all that hard"...

Now, that's almost mean to say  :twisted:. Quite a few people have trouble doing the challenges and are unable to get Clue 2.  :mrgreen:

Let's just say, it is possible, and people should consider it a good practice to get better at riding in Warband in general.  :grin:

It really is fairly simple to complete the challenges, if you don't over think what you are doing.  Count the number of points you need, set some goals, and do some trial and error to see what works.  For the horse archery one, I think I only actually bothered to shoot at one or two of the targets, and would slow down enough that I could still get points but could accurately enough hit the targets.  Its almost more about time management than being the most accurate shot.

Back
Top Bottom