Closed Cannot Set Groups or Command them In a Defensive Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: When defending in sieges, I set up groups with leaders and the system ignores them and any groups with archers in them ignore commands after the siege starts.
How to Reproduce: Get in a defensive siege
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Archers in "Scatter" will ignore orders and try to spread across the walls, if you get them in line formation, they'll stay where you order them.
Infantry has a very annoying tendancy of moving between defense points, even if there isn't really a need for reinforcements.

In my experience, sieges work best by not touching anything, just auto-deploy and pray. Trying to command troops in siege often leads to defeat, when it should be an easy win, like in theory a shield wall in front of the ladder/tower landing/gate should hold, but in practice doesn't work cause the AI just bypass them.

The AI on sieges is pretty good, let it do it's stuff.

Defenders won't man the walls initially, to reduce arrow casualties, then when the enemy gets close to the walls, the defenders race up to walls and defend. It's really pretty smart, nice to watch too.

I have been playing Mount and Blade for decades and the AI is not better than me in defending or attacking castles, so it is frustrating to have the system ignore the setups that are created before the battle starts, why even have the screen if it is going to be ignored?

I am marking this thread as resolved as we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom