Can we recruit tier 3 or 4 troops from villages if we improve our relationship?

Users who are viewing this thread

I certainly haven't, the most I have got was about 10 t2's but I have never been one for farming relations with anything, I like to play the game as organically as I can, and once I'm a lord I stop going quests for villiages, unless I own them, because I'm a Noble, and i like roleplaying. That said I've read posts claiming everything up to Knights with 100 relations so I certainly seems possible.

From Tash Kulan i think its called, i recieved Khergit lancers before but this was closer to when the game released it might have changed since then.

yes you can, this is with just the diplomacy mod:
3TJ9Q.jpg
i2Fz8.jpg

I've gotten rhodock sharpshooters as well once
It's really a good reason to keep village relations as high as possible and helps a LOT when you're an independent king who desperately need lots of troops thanks to constant fighting

Thanks guys, i want to improve my relations because take too much time to train troops for me, so i will recruit already trained troops and invest only in combat abilities for me and my companions, creating a super elite mounted troop for a good smash on my enemies, think i will start with Swadians villages and after that invest in rhodocks for OP sharpshooters in siege.

According to TweakMB, you need 10 relations per tier of troop and if you meet that requirement, there is a 10% chance that you'll recruit a higher tier troop rather than recruits.

wAD1i.png

So to recruit tier 5 troops, you'd need 40+ relations with the village, and even then there's only a 10% chance of getting the tier 5 troops. Also, keep in mind that you don't get to pick which type of tier 5 troops you get. So if you only want tier 5 cavalry, then there is even less than a 10% chance of getting them since you might get archers or infantry instead.

So is best to stick with Rhodocks, or, Max Trainer in all my companions and i, but i don't know how much time get to reach an army of Rhodocks Sharpshooters (60 of them).

It should be a long term goal to get points into the Trainer skill since it's so useful.  But remember you only train troops that are lower level than you, so getting top tier units through training is something you can only do late in the game.  In the mean time getting all your recruits to tier 3 in 2 nights is still worth the investment.

In the mean time training sharpshooters is something done rather easily through fighting bandits. 
Line up your shooters and have you companions  follow you to circle around the enemy when they're in firing range.  Most bandits will follow you and be open to be killed by shots.  To help fill up the top tier faster put your Sharpshooters in a separate command group so that you can order them to hold fire, that way the sharpies don't steal kills from the lower tier guys and they can level up.

Unless I'm in a desparate hurry (a village is being raided, a town is being sieged), I always stop at every village along the way and ask if they have a quest.  Rhodok troops are more useful than anyone else for sieges and Swadians have the best cavalry for non-siege combats, but I don't think you want to limit yourself like that.  You have to cover the entire map and, as an independent king, you *always* need more troops.  I don't bother with Khergit villages though.  Maybe I should, but I think of moving through Khergit territory as a break from village hopping.

Can you post a table showing how many relationship is necesary to get better troops for example:
<0 - you can't recruit
between 0 and X - tier 1 troops
between X and Y - tier 2

Rhox said:
Can you post a table showing how many relationship is necesary to get better troops for example:
<0 - you can't recruit
between 0 and X - tier 1 troops
between X and Y - tier 2
I already posted that above. Every 10 relations = new tier.

I once got about 20 Swadian Men-at-Arms from a village I had a very good relationship with, also while using Diplomacy.

I never knew this, I've only ever gotten recruits or tier 2 troops.

I must now get all the villages in the vaegirs to like me...

Back
Top Bottom