Can My Wife Be A Companion in Brytenwalda?

Users who are viewing this thread

retread

Recruit
This was possible in vanilla with Diplomacy mod.  Brytenwalda supposedly has Diplomacy added (if I understand correctly), but I don't see the option for my wife to join my party in any dialogue.

That's not set up.
Brytenwalda does heavily borrow from Diplomacy circa 2013.
I imagine it won't be too hard if I have access to the source files of the mod that uses it.
I am planning a release in the next week but am not quite updated on where the latest diplomacy source files are.

I think I got Diplomacy from Nexus, but it takes a bit of sorting as there are quite a few posted that are further tweaked by others.

I downloaded diplomacy source 4.2 and it appears a bit messy and hard to find.
I can't locate any instance where the spouse is recruited using party_add_members.
Here's what I need to add that:
What exactly do you say to your wife when you want to recruit her in diplomacy?

I could probably figure out something, but I've already burned up all my time doing the new mod update.

@gd There's this text tweak guide. It seemed to work for VC when I tried implementing it.  Pain in the arse to do though, quite fiddly. Maybe you could use this as a something to work backwards from or something.  I can't remember exactly but I think it basically adds the 'rejoin my party' that companion ministers have to the wife dialog.

That will be very useful.
I know how to add the wife dialog bit.
I just can't see all the other places this will mess up such as how to remove her from the party.
This guide will help.

1)  Add this: [anyone|plyr, "minister_talk",

[
  (troop_get_slot, ":player_spouse", "trp_player", slot_troop_spouse),
  (this_or_next|troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_spouse, "trp_player"),
    (troop_slot_eq, "trp_player", slot_troop_spouse, "$g_talk_troop"),
    (eq, "$g_talk_troop", ":player_spouse"),
    ],
  "I wish you to join my campaign party.", "minister_replace2",
  []],
2) [anyone, "minister_replacenotwife",
  [], "Very good. Whom will you appoint as minister in my stead?", "minister_replace_selectnotwife",
  []],
  [anyone|plyr|repeat_for_troops, "minister_replace_selectnotwife",
  [
  (store_repeat_object, ":troop_no"),
  (is_between, ":troop_no", companions_begin, companions_end),
  (main_party_has_troop, ":troop_no"),
  (troop_slot_eq, ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, -1),
  (str_store_troop_name, s4, ":troop_no"),
  ], "{s4}", "minister_replace_confirmwife",
  [
  (store_repeat_object, "$g_player_minister"),
  ]],

[anyone|plyr, "minister_replace_selectnotwife",
        [
        (str_store_string, s4, "@A prominent citizen from the area"),
        ], "{s4}", "minister_replace_confirmwife",
        [
        (assign, "$g_player_minister", "trp_temporary_minister"),
        (troop_set_faction, "trp_temporary_minister",      "fac_player_supporters_faction"),
        ]],

[anyone|plyr, "minister_replace_selectnotwife",
  [], "Actually, hold on with that.", "minister_pretalk",
  []],

[anyone, "minister_replace_confirmwife",
  [
  ], "Very good. {s4} is your new minister. I shall prepare to join you.", "close_window",
  [
  (str_store_troop_name, s4, "$g_player_minister"),
  (party_add_members, "p_main_party", "$g_player_spouse", 1),
  (troop_add_item, "$g_player_spouse","itm_scale_greywhitefemale",0),
  (assign, "$g_leave_encounter", 1),
  (try_begin),
    (main_party_has_troop, "$g_player_minister"),
      (party_remove_members, "p_main_party", "$g_player_minister", 1),
  (try_end),
3) Allow wife to leave
[anyone|plyr,"member_chat", [(troop_slot_eq, "trp_player", slot_troop_spouse, "$g_talk_troop"),],
  "Are you enjoying the journey, my spouse?", "spouse_query",[]],
  [anyone,"spouse_query", [],
  "I am coping, {playername}. I could use some time off.", "spouse_query2",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"spouse_query2", [],
  "Then you will have a break", "decide_ministerspouse",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"spouse_query2", [],
  "We will discuss this again at the next opportunity", "close_windows",[]],
  [anyone, "decide_ministerspouse",
  [], "Very good. Whom will be the nextminister?", "minister_replace_select",
  [(party_remove_members, "p_main_party", "$g_player_spouse", 1),]],

Notice that I assigned the spouse the scale vest. This scale vest only has a difficulty level of 6 meaning she will probably wear it on the battlefield.
It is also not type civilian, meaning that she shouldn't wear it when she leaves the party but keep it in inventory.

There's likely a bug in this somewhere, but I can't test it.

I'll add this to the next patch for reworked.
However, if you like to pluck around with numbers, you can use winmerge to find the numbers to patch this into another mod. Just look in the three spots above and where you see a string, piece the words together with underscores and search for that string. Ex: "Whom_will_be_the_nextminister?". This may not work as my header_operations is slightly different.

Before and after text files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pz55f1buqafrc2r/BrytenWALDAMODULEReworked.zip?dl=0

I have Diplomacy 4.3 (9/22/12)

It's probably better if I don't mess with my game (I want it to keep working  :grin:).

In Diplomacy, to get my wife to join my party, the dialogue option when I talk to her in court is, "I want you to join my retinue."  She responds, "Of course, my love!"  She then becomes  member of your party pretty much like any other (can equip, skill, etc.). 

If you go to your residence town, she will be in the court when you get there, appearing just as she does in your party (whether combat gear or civilian attire).

To dismiss her from the party and have her be only in your court, you talk to her and select the dialogue, "This is unsafe for you.  You should get back to our court."  She responds with, "Are you sure, my love?"  You then choose between, "Yes," and "No, I'd rather have you at my side."  If you choose yes, she will only appear in your court, wearing the gear she last had equipped while in your party. 

Can you ask the creator of 4.3 if I can see their source code for dialogs?
I only have 4.2 source code and it is not in there.
The complexity is that when your wife joins your party, someone has to fill her ministry position.
When she leaves your party, she has to somehow take back her old position and remove the current person from their post.
I could figure it out with alot of time and a savegame in the advanced stages.
For that I would need someone who is has a game that's compatible with a recent version of Brytenwalda reworked v21, 22 or 23.
Who is currently working on Diplomacy 4.3?

There's a 64% chance the latest mod I uploaded allows the wife to join, but not with those words.
There's a 30% chance that splicing numbers could make this work with another version of Brytenwalda.

I found a file listing for Diplomacy 4.3 for Warband 1.153.  It is apparently compatible with newer versions of Warband. 
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1887

There’s also this info on TaleWorlds forum:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116434.0.html

The board moderators (Waihti, zParsifal) are the main coders, according to the mod credits.  I sent a pm to Waihti and asked about 4.3 source code, but it doesn’t look like he’s logged in here for over a year.

Found a post partway down this thread, too:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=257584.0
By Sergeek:
“And what about
https://www.assembla.com/code/diplomacy/subversion/nodes
Looks like those are your source files.
Downloaded, compiled and then compared output txts with those in Diplomacy 4.3 module-folder - same files.
Looks legit enough for me”

Here’s a link with source code for 4.3 posted on Nexus (several files under the Downloads), but it is not original – was further modified by someone else:
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6044/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D6044&pUp=1

That's the real thing. Thank you.
I can work on the wife issue and maybe much more if they have that in there.
I won't be able to do so until tomorrow night however.

Back
Top Bottom