can anyone reccomend me a mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm looking for a Mod I have the steam version of M&B Warband and looking for recommendations.

I used to love playing Floris's modpack. I liked that, expanded version of vanilla. Not too 'fantasy themed' and with diplomacy and business building.

I like a mod with good trading, upgrading towns, castle warfar, killing and faction based. I want to basically take over a faction and rule the world.

Can anyone recommend me a good mod that is well developed and supported?

Pendor
Perisno
Nova Aetas
A World of Ice and Fire

All available on Steam Workshop. On Moddb found all mods for game for downloading

Try one of recommendedd in this: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,378320.0.html thread. Also, do you want anything specific? Dark ages, medieval, native+, fantasy, GoT (and so on)?

I mostly play with "Age of Calradia Enhanced" : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590123705

It includes other mods and features :

"DIplomacy Mod
Empire Report
Bodyguards in taverns and villages
Troop Trees
Tavern animations and sounds
New female faces
All bandit trees fully upgradeable to a unique troop.
Hundreds of new armors and weapons.
You are able to recruit bandits, sword sisters, manhunters and mercenaries from taverns.
All factions now have a tier 6 unit.
Cows will now follow you!"

I'll just make a list of some recommendations:

A world of Ice and Fire - A game of thrones mod thats not completely finished so there are some unfinishable minor quests, but it looks amazing and it has tons of cool features that I haven't seen in other mods.
Warsword Conquest - Some kind of fantasy mod with a big map, I like it because it adds a lot of new troops and races so you really never run out of things to explore.
Persino - Another fantasy mod that adds more races and it has a lot of lore and storylines.
Native Redux - A mod that doesn't change the gameplay but changes the textures and adds troops and items that looks pretty good.
Paradigm - Theres no way to explain this mod other than weird and random and I think its impossible to explore all the weird **** in this mod.
Sands of Faith - A crusader type mod that I haven't had the chance to play, but it looks pretty good.
1257AD - Another crusader mod that is immersive.
Medieval Conquests - This mod is a bit buggy but if you can handle the bugs it has a lot of new features.

If none of these work for you then just explore the mod list on ModDB and you are bound to find something good.

It's according to your preferences although there are quite a few ones that find themselves on the top of everyone's pick:

Sands of Faith a mod that's set between the Third Crusade and the Fourth (I'm not sure on this one, I'm not that good in history stuff but I think it is? Also, I know the fifth was the Children's Crusade so it's between the Third and the Fourth in my perspective)

Prophesy of Pendor a great mod which has a deep lore and tonnes of new features. You can have custom troops, recruit powerful units into your army and you have to fulfill specific tasks to be able to conquer the whole land. There's also random events like a large army spawning every few times with 400+ soldiers. Some of them are led by unique NPCs which you can get unique items from.

Warsword Conquest is a Warhammer Fantasy Battles based mod. If you ever heard of Warhammer Total War by CA, the mod is based around the same universe. There's the Orcs, Skaven, the Chaos (literally demons), the dwarves, the elves, the Vampire Counts, the Empire, the Bretonnians and much more. Head over to www.whfb.lexicanum.com to learn more about the races and history of the universe.

Floris Mod Pack is a compilation of mods first used in the AAR (after action report), "Me, Floris" by monnikje. It adds tonnes of new stuff, replacing the old troop trees, adding over 500+ items, more diplomatic options when you are a king/queen. There's a lot of new stuff and FMP has been used as a base for other mods like Brytenwalda.

Tohlobaria is a fantasy mod which is a total overhaul. New map, new factions and of course new features. It's very underrated in my opinion and I haven't seen anyone talking about Tohlobaria though.

A World of Ice and Fire and A Clash of Kings are two mods based on the (more popular) TV Show which in turn is based on the novel series "A Song of Ice and Fire". Both have different features which I'd like for you to discover it by yourself.

Blood And Steel is a Native-based mod with new features that focuses on strategy rather than the usual "get recruits, train them until strong and charge in" tactics that we used to. It has new units as well and armies are well in the thousands. Don't worry, it has been stated that it has been configured to be able to run on decent computers.

Phantasy Calradia is basically Calradia with magic, elves, dwarves, wizards, drows and the like. It's fun because you can throw fireballs at your enemy and hear the Drows go, "Ayayayaya!". It's funny tho to hear the voice lines xD.

Gekokujo is a mod based on feudal Japan during the Warring States period. New scenes and features. It's a large map that even I couldn't conquer the whole thing.

Sword of Damocles: Warlords for Warband adds a LOT of new factions. It has new features which include spreading your religion by building its churches/monastery and such in towns. Recruit a vassal from a faraway land and more. It had a lot of factions and I'm not sure if you can conqier them all since vanilla factions also exist. The map is huge as well.

Back
Top Bottom