Campaign Map Creation

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all
Firstly to establish my credentials; I have a couple years of software development experience a few years ago (I cant code now, but understand the concepts), I have made mods for several games in the past albeit systemic rather than visual, and I have an everlasting desire to pull apart anything that I work on (Seriously, my car collection is getting ridiculous...).

I want to start creating my own campaign map for Bannerlord. Whilst I am reasonably confident in being able to handle creating towns, factions etc the one bit that does seem to stop me in my tracks is how to physically create the campaign map. I understand we have the scene editor but to my knowledge it cannot be used to create the campaign map environment. I have tried searching with google and within the forums here for information but it seems to be either conflicting or non existant.

Can anybody help me to get started on how to create a campaign map please?

I see. I had read somewhere that they use the scene editor for making the campaign map which I found a little unusual.

Are there not already some mods with custom maps? Or are they still in the planning phase? I have been away from the single player game for a while so I may be a little out of date.

Upvote 0
I see. I had read somewhere that they use the scene editor for making the campaign map which I found a little unusual.
It is the same editor and if not an only slightly changed one afaik.
Are there not already some mods with custom maps? Or are they still in the planning phase? I have been away from the single player game for a while so I may be a little out of date.
I have seen none yet but I also didn't pay attention to that, so might be that I missed some coming out with one. I am like 95 % sure that there are none.

Upvote 0
Campaign Map is not so different than normal scene maps in Bannerlord. Although there are differences - obviously -
Like paths where they can go and such should be defined in Campaign Map as well as the cities etc. You can start with changing the positions of the small stuff like mountains, then paths, then cities and eventually you will know how to switch maps.

There are several mods trying to do this but there is one I know already in Nexusmod. Check it out,
2265-1602690348-2010262341.png

Open it in Editor, you will also be able to do some changes etc and save it outside of the Native and then replace it manually.

Upvote 0
Hi all
Firstly to establish my credentials; I have a couple years of software development experience a few years ago (I cant code now, but understand the concepts), I have made mods for several games in the past albeit systemic rather than visual, and I have an everlasting desire to pull apart anything that I work on (Seriously, my car collection is getting ridiculous...).

I want to start creating my own campaign map for Bannerlord. Whilst I am reasonably confident in being able to handle creating towns, factions etc the one bit that does seem to stop me in my tracks is how to physically create the campaign map. I understand we have the scene editor but to my knowledge it cannot be used to create the campaign map environment. I have tried searching with google and within the forums here for information but it seems to be either conflicting or non existant.

Can anybody help me to get started on how to create a campaign map please?
Thus might help https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/world-mapping-for-bannerlord.432974/

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom