Calling all English M+B Players...

Users who are viewing this thread

Hehe, you never know; if you start doing re-enacting a lot there's always the chance that a show may use both of our groups, or one of us will have a show near the other. :razz:

THEN we'll see. xD

Yea but it still wont be fair. Think about it; Nord = Viking. The re-enactment group I might be joining hopefully is 12th century Britain so closer to Swadian. Damnit but most of the viking groups are up north, and I likes the looks of Blackthorns group even if they do bear a mild resemblance to bloody Swadians...

I've never actually been in a re-enactment but I have some weapons training. I'm really good at axe throwing. When it comes to swords i prefer fencing but i can use short swords. Are women allowed to fight?

From my experience, women are allowed to fight, but have to look make an effort to appear male. We have no historical evidence for them appearing in mainline combat; as such, we are forced to conclude they were, on a whole, assigned to the domestic role which those times held as the "Women's job".

And that's an interesting coincidence Blackthorn, although to be fair there are a LOT of Regia members, larger society and all. :smile:

May I ask, is your name aquired in tribute to a certain James Clavell novel by the way? :wink:

How expensive in general is medieval reenacting?  I do some German Second World War, but it's proving to be god-awful expensive.  I guess I might give some medieval a try on the side.  On a side note, are there any good Roman groups that you know of?

Captain Pyjama Shark said:
How expensive in general is medieval reenacting?  I do some German Second World War, but it's proving to be god-awful expensive.  I guess I might give some medieval a try on the side.  On a side note, are there any good Roman groups that you know of?
Well If WWII german re enacting is expensive then Im sure that medieval re enacting will be even more expensive. With all that armor.

I believe if you reread back the post he said that the club pays for some basic equipment when you jjoin and when you've been there a while then you're asked occasioannaly to pay 2 or 3 £ to help new members.

When I saw the word "English" in the thread name, I figured you meant English-speakers. Ah well, guess I don't really qualify, since I don't like anywhere near the UK. Hell, I'm not even on the same continent, unless you count Asia as a part of Europe.

Yeah, Kronic- standard response to female members- make 'em portray men. :smile: And there are a LOT of Regia members, and ex-Regia members, across a lot of the UK. So, other than Kalnia- is anyone else interested (apologies I've been absent for a while- big weekend event).
-Dan-

I'll be on holiday in England from late August to late September, I'd be interested. Let me know if, where and when and I can fit it in with our plans.

Back
Top Bottom