• a brilliant idea.

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • unimportant idea.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Serak

Knight
Hi guys! I have a brilliant idea (to my mind) :eek:. İt will be very exciting if  we will have ability of building our castle in Mount&Blade. We can start with building a hut and we can upgrade it in a long and expensive period. We can add a watch tower, we can build a palisade. We can add our stronghold  We can design and  fortificate and defend it (our home) against bandits, sea raiders exc.. I think it'd be amazing. what do you think?

Serak said:
Hi guys! I have a brilliant idea (to my mind) :eek:. İt will be very excitng if  we will have ability of building our castle in Mount&Blade. We can start with building a hut and we can upgrade it in along and expensive period. We can add a watch tower, we can build a palisade. We can add our stronghold  We can design and  fortificate and defend it (our home) against bandits, sea raiders exc.. I think it'd be amazing. what do you think?

Well, sodomize me with a trout, that sounds exactly like Dionisia!

Would be cool if you entered edit mode and all the different parts were priced and had a build time. Then when you start building it takes the collective cost and build time of all the different parts so it'll take a while before your fortress is finished.

Raz said:
Would be cool if you entered edit mode and all the different parts were priced and had a build time. Then when you start building it takes the collective cost and build time of all the different parts so it'll take a while before your fortress is finished.
Yes u are right. We can employ our prisoners for this. We can buy materials for our construction. We can start a farmhouse and continue a stronghold. After upgrading stronghold we have a fortress

General Darius said:
i think it should be limited to 1 fort though and it would need to be hard to actually make it
U are right too. İt must be very expensive and it needs a very long building progress.

And, we should be able to call people to go live and work in our fortress. Like those farmers and refuges, we go talk to them and ask them:

"do you want to come live and work in my domain, were u are safe of bandits and raiders?"

and they would say:

"Oh yes sir, we accept your offer, thank you very much!" or "No, we value our freedom, leave us alone!"

if they accepted we would lead them like a caravan to our fort, there they would settle, increasing population, income, recruiting options(like militias and stuff). In time we would have our own town with a merchant, armourer, blacksmith, trading routs and caravans ...  

And if we were part of one of the main factions, we would recruit their unit tipes, if not we should be able to recruit zendar type units, like watchman, caravan guard, hired blades...

these are my sugestions.

Yes theese are good suggestions. We can collect taxes (it mustn't be high) and we can built a wooden arena ( not big, like in Madmax-Bartertown). We can organize tournuvas and challenges and feasts (it may be effect our reputation and public happiness and moral of our soldiers) . İf our taxes become high our people may leave us or revolt us.

We should be able to build only 1 fortress, just to keep it simple, and interact with most population to.

And when choosing the building zone on the map, we were to pay attention to the assciated trade routs, because when organising arena matches we need people of influence like nobles and mechants to bet has they have the most money around.
We could then associate this with politics, invite important caracters to festive events and to eat at our table with the purpose of making trade deals and military aliances.....

Maybe im going to far with this sugestions. :roll:

Your(is it true Rathyr?Are you happy?) suggestions are improving this idea. But political relations is a different subject. But we can consider another matter (which is connected with it);  becoming vassal a faction. İf we are in Vaegir teritory we have to give tax them or we can be rebels against them.

İt is not an obligation. İt is only a option. You dont have to build your castle. You can admiring the sights being a freelance. So it doesnt remove RPG feelings. On the contrary it improves RPG feeling.
You can organize social events.

I'm not sure if you got the hint, but as the second poster mentioned, your idea is nearly identical to silverkatana's Dionisia mod. Look it up, it's not out for .808 yet but it is combined with the Extra NPCs mod for .751.

Is that mode ready to download?   Could you explain this mod a bit more? Has it building own castle ability?

Back
Top Bottom