[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Users who are viewing this thread

mountnblade88 said:
How do i upload a picture here?

I have a bug where i was at war with sarleon and they sieged ethos against baccus. I marshal my armies and help baccus defended sarleon.
After the battle and back to campaign map, I'm now a super force with 3.6k units. When my mouse point to my unit it shows all lords that is with me (only my kingdoms). Luckily Maltise is just right beside ethos and I auto calc it and after battle all my vassals are everywhere around ethos.
lmao I guess that bug worked out really well for you.

Time to update CKO armor in the item pop-up is different from the actual one. Chose tha armor with 21 days TOA and then my steward (eng=10) promised to deliver in 10 days. Pleasant surprise yet... 

Also, steward seems to alternate between 2 spawn points in Savador castle. Mildly annoying when he teleports away from you and all the way up on the stairs after you exit talks.

GetAssista said:
Time to update CKO armor in the item pop-up is different from the actual one. Chose tha armor with 21 days TOA and then my steward (eng=10) promised to deliver in 10 days. Pleasant surprise yet...
That's not a bug, it's a feature:
v3.9 changelog said:
1. CUSTOM KNIGHTHOOD ORDER
- equipment upgrade discount (-90% to both time and money)

GetAssista said:
Also, steward seems to alternate between 2 spawn points in Savador castle. Mildly annoying when he teleports away from you and all the way up on the stairs after you exit talks.
Yeah, I noticed this happening in Dagon Castle too, whenever I'm upgrading/equipping my CKO. Re-entering the castle hall will move back the steward to his original place.

Gorvex said:
GetAssista said:
That's not a bug, it's a feature:
v3.9 changelog said:
1. CUSTOM KNIGHTHOOD ORDER
- equipment upgrade discount (-90% to both time and money)
It is the first update so no discounts from previous equipment apply. Or the discount from starting leather is astoundingly steep
Also there is really no reason to intentionally report wrong timing in the pop-up

GetAssista said:
It is the first update so no discounts from previous equipment apply. Or the discount from starting leather is astoundingly steep
There is a discount happening right from the beginning, as your units don't start naked. CKO knight's starting armor called 'Leather Armor' takes 16 days to equip. You get back 90% of it once you start equipping the next body armor. Which gives a 14-day reduction overall.

CKO sergeant's starting armor called 'Tabard' takes 12 days to equip. 90% of it is 11 days as a reduction. Judging by the 11-day difference that you reported I guess you were changing the armors of your sergeants. So I don't see any bug here. In fact, everything works as intended (90% indeed)

GetAssista said:
Also there is really no reason to intentionally report wrong timing in the pop-up
Oh. And what about if it's not that easy to include into the source code, to keep track of the previous body armor's equip time when it comes to stating the next one? Although it would be cool if the game could do the automatic discount from the reported equip time, but probably it's not doable right now if even @MadVader, the creator of the whole CKO feature back in v3.6 could not make it to be so. But who knows for sure why it is like it is currently. Could be an overlook as well...

Gorvex said:
GetAssista said:
Oh. And what about if it's not that easy to include into the source code, to keep track of the previous body armor's equip time when it comes to stating the next one? Although it would be cool if the game could do the automatic discount from the reported equip time, but probably it's not doable right now if even @MadVader, the creator of the whole CKO feature back in v3.6 could not make it to be so. But who knows for sure why it is like it is currently. Could be an overlook as well...
Yeah, you are right, this is a discount effect then. And it is not possible to dynamically change the popup, it is written at start.
Actually scrpit "game_get_item_extra_text" is fully customizable and can include discount in the code

Alternatively would be good to have a hint about current discount in the inventory presentation or menus. But then one can try the item, see what steward says, then remember the difference I suppose. So not worth the hassle

Hello everyone, I've been playing PoP 3.9.2 for a while, up to the point when I am able to rebel against my king (Ulric of Sarleon) and start my own kingdom. There is one big problem, when I actually start my own kingdom faction relations do not change. I'm technically still at war with kingdoms Sarleon was with, moreover I'm at peace with Sarleon itself ? and what is the worst part:

I am at war with MY OWN KINGOM  :shock: :shock: :shock:

I noticed the same thing with Noldor some time ago(even tho i have over 60 positive relations, they still want to attack me) but ignored it because it was only slightly annoying.

As i said previously, it is technically. I can still enter my own towns and towns of my "enemies"and I can besiege Sarleon fiefs. The issue is, my own vassals, farmers, scouts, partols fear me and run away, same with units of my "enemies", while units of sarleon treat me as an ally (even tho they besiegie my towns).

This makes the mod partially unplayable after quite a few hours invested, and i kinda wanna quit at this point.

Is anyone familiar with this issue?

And yes, I used Google

English is not my 1st language so please pardon me​

EDIT:
One strange thing happened, I waited a couple of days in game checking if something will change and then sarleon wanted to make peace with my faction. I agreed and suddenly my own kingom was neutral to me.

It seems the game treats me like a sarleon vassal and doesn't "make changes" to relations. I can see the numbers change from negative to positive, I've checked it, but the relation status stays the same (im still at war/at peace)​

A little problem with modifiers. Stubborn is apparently considered positive modifier for horses, I recieved stubborn horse from city chest and Noldor tournament. And light plate armor has available modifiers for non-metallic armours.

Sarin said:
A little problem with modifiers. Stubborn is apparently considered positive modifier for horses, I recieved stubborn horse from city chest and Noldor tournament. And light plate armor has available modifiers for non-metallic armours.
The 'stubborn' modifier gives horses +5 life and +1 Riding skill requirement. Which overall can be a positive modifer if you have the Riding skill required. Although the cost gets a little lower for stubborn horses, which is odd indeed if it's considered a positive modifier...

As for the Light Plate Armor, I agree with you, the modifiers are a bit weird for the current design. It should have 'lordly' and 'reinforced' instead of 'hardened' and 'thick' indeed. Good catch! I forgot about it when I first noticed.

Bloomd said:
Hey guys, my game(1.723/3.9.2) keeps on crashing in random(mostly when i start a battle) situatuions, somebody a solution?
For me, making Warband.exe "Large Address Aware" (google the term to find the application) fixed the frequent crashes I had in the middle of field battles on Win 10. Despite that I have a good gaming laptop wih 16GB RAM...

Bloomd said:
Hey guys, my game(1.723/3.9.2) keeps on crashing in random(mostly when i start a battle) situatuions, somebody a solution?
Try force single threading in the starting window - Configure - Advanced, and load textures on demand in starting window - Configure - Video, those two enhance Wrband performance a lot.
Generally, lower your graph settings to the lowest and see if it chnages things, then crank them up gradually

Alright, i tried to find more clues and tweaks to my problem, sadly found nothing.

In the meantime got a tweak from @GetAssista
option 1:
backup and open simple_triggers.txt (the original one), find line "2 37 0 1 2 936748722493063676 65536", change it into line "7 37 0 2133 2 1224979098644774913 144115188075856294 4 0 33 3 1224979098644774913 432345564227567631 432345564227567636 1 2 936748722493063550 0 3 0 1 2 936748722493063676 65536" and observe your relation interactions

option 2, even more direct forcefeeding of option 1 shows no effects:
... change it into line "3 37 0 1 2 936748722493063550 0 1 2 936748722493063676 65536"

The thing is I couldn't find line "2 37 0 1 2 936748722493063676 65536" in my simple_triggers.txt to even try it ?

Also @IconracI how do you want me to share that savegame?

EDIT: After reinstalling mod for the second time I Found the line. The first tweak changed nothing while the second one ended with an error while loading save "Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules/PoP folder/simple_triggers.txt

Souskind said:
Also @IconracI how do you want me to share that savegame?
Usually a direct download link to your uploaded savegame file posted here is what is asked. The rest is up to you. Dropbox, Google Drive or any other file sharing method will do.

Im a Baccus marshal, Marius is following me and his hired kodan ironsword is following him. Whenever we battle Marius is joining but Kodan never join.

Bargian said:
Im a Baccus marshal, Marius is following me and his hired kodan ironsword is following him. Whenever we battle Marius is joining but Kodan never join.
Relation-wise towards the player, unique spawns belong to their respective factions even as a mercenary company. So Kodan Ironsword is considered to be part of the Adventurer Companies faction when it comes to determine the outcomes of your actions towards him, no matter what. That's why you can still battle and capture hired unique spawn leaders (given you are at negative relations with their original faction) even though you are at positive relations with their hosting faction. And that's why the hosting faction doesn't give a f*ck when you do so. As you didn't fight a battle against their faction specifically.

The same thing applies to determine if hired mercenary companies join you or not in battles. So as long as you don't get to positive relations with the Adventurer Companies faction, Kodan Ironsword will not assist you personally. Which is not advised to do, as you'll cripple your Qualis Gem income if you befriend them (can't capture friendly spawn leaders). Him assisting the AI (owner king and vassals) is a different matter also, as rules are different between you and unique spawns VS. AI and unique spawns (as presented above).

Therefore it's not strictly a bug. Although it's weird behaviour overall, I can give you that. It would probably be for the better if hired unique spawns (as mercenary companies) would fully belong to their hosting faction, so that players won't be able to cheese them (as the king and other lords nearby won't join the the company if you attack them, which is silly) and in return, they would assist you in faction wars.

I have the city of Sarleon for nearly a year now but its prosperity does not move from Above Average to above. Nearly all improvements has been placed and I have guarantee the safety of the roads but why hasn’t it been moving up?

Back
Top Bottom