Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

I just talked about town guards and kingdom patrols of player faction being Swadian - townwalkers, merchants etc. work properly, so as you said - default kingdom culture is the case. And one more thing about patrols - those not generated but made by myself (created by talking with constable) randomly disappear, and no, they are not defeated by hostile parties.

About necromancy - just tried to summon shadows at night - got message that they joined my party, but in fact they weren't.

It's amazing what you did and you're still doing with this mod, gsanders, can't wait to see druid class and play as this summoner on the light side of the force  :smile:

KingBruceLee said:
About necromancy - just tried to summon shadows at night - got message that they joined my party, but in fact they weren't.

I'll guess your party was already close to full, so when shadows tried to join you ran out of space and the add was not successful.
  The message they joined came before it actually tried to add them.  This implies I should, in my endless spare time, look for that spot and test the party size
before offering to add more. 

Also some time earlier I think you asked about Ogres as special troops for Orc faction.  So far I've been able to get golems after becoming pretty much anyone's vassal, but not any other special troops.  Guspav used to require a really high level relation with the faction, and prejudice isn't considered, for special troops.  mainly you have to be someone's vassal to get that high a relation.  Ogres might require for example relation 50+.  That might happen with diplomacy if you wait long enough and there is an alliance status.

KingBruceLee said:
It's amazing what you did and you're still doing with this mod, GSanders, can't wait to see druid class and play as this summoner on the light side of the force
DarkwingGames said:
Any estimate on when we can expect a public version? Thinking about starting a new playthrough, will I finish it before the public release or would it be better to wait? :smile:

Probably I won't have time to do Druids and Monks until after New Year's.  I need to make what I have now ready to release, along side my begging bowl, so that I am not forced into a day job that leaves me with no time for modding.  I have a commitment to port over Diplomacy to Warsword Conquest sometime between end of this month and Christmas, and after holidays I hope to be back here making changes for a "Part II".
I still intend to politely (diplomacy isn't my strength, except in modding) ask Guspav to do some coding on "His" mod, even if I did take it over for a while.  If I hover over my name and "show posts", my post for this run of Phantasy Calradia/2017 starts at half way down page 18; for Guspav the same exercise takes us down to the bottom of page 1.  It's not really fair for me to say he's been sleeping on the job, but I think I sort of flooded him with too many changes too fast.  We really SHOULD be "sharing" not just me dictating changes in a hostile takeover.  So maybe there should be a quiet time in the calendar where Guspav can add something.  He may have a harder time following changes with WinMerge
http://winmerge.org/downloads/?lang=en      than I do.  I should say WinMerge doesn't auto-solve everything; it helps find changes, but after that you (or I or he) needs to think fast, and winmerge can clip things you wanted to move or sometimes insert random trash.  It's not 100% automated.  I sometimes ASSUME people can keep up; but even my English language comments might take time to understand, where English is not the first language.

Warsword Conquest has some in battle summoning that I can probably leech in trade for integrating Diplomacy.  Partly, helping them helps remove my failure with some parts of their 2016 launch, but not all that failed was mine.  Otherwise, part of what failed on that launch I fixed in Warsword Rigale the next month,but Warsword Rigale ALSO had some failures, which are fixed in THIS Phantasy 2017 release (mostly).  In any case, making layers able to be turned on and off without restarting the game or losing save game was a good case of evolution.  Something people at BOTH mods don't seem to realize is I do CODE, that is, the deep stuff like systems and hidden structures and performance optimizations for mods.  I don't usually touch troops or items, although I usually re-order items so I can do something clever in the code, like add context information based on where the item is in the list, even though that information isn't encoded in the item itself.  Thus the same code can drive many mods; only the outer look changes.  I'm seldom interacting with models or scenes or troops or parties or towns or maps at ANY mod I work with.  Those are always someone else.  I just do deep systems, like prejudice, and how it changes diplomacy.  I do economy; trade routes; movement changes; changes in how parties operate.  So if I work here or at Warsword Conquest or wherever, I'm focused on SYSTEMS changes.
Druid and Monk are tests of specific SYSTEMS changes.  My Dodge is a systems change.  It failed the last 2-3 times I tried it; each for a different reason. It's now fairly subtle and I think a needed part of a Monk class.  It also can make Rogues more useful, with very slight tweaks to rogue class. Rogue sort of hasn't been finished, from what I see, and it was something Guspav wanted to work on some more.  I wanted Druids so I can add some effects to Rangers, and also I want more effects from specific troops in party both night time and path finding in forests and such.

These are all topics for next year, if I have time.  I'm hoping I'm not forced to take a different day job -- if so I have to close all modding.  I won't have energy or time.  Thus the pressure to release sooner than "Soon".

- GS

I decided to create new characters to see what the other classes did.

- There is a CTD that happens if you create a character, start a new game, then go back to menu and attempt to create another character and start over.
- Clicking on Bard/Necromancer class skills does nothing?

Nanaki said:
I decided to create new characters to see what the other classes did.

- There is a CTD that happens if you create a character, start a new game, then go back to menu and attempt to create another character and start over.
  OK I'll clear it like I did for Warsword Conquest.  The real issue is this:  you can go pick a race, get some buffs for race type and gender, get some more buffs for class, go back, get a new class/race/gender, and some of these values need a special routine to clear, they can't just be assigned a base value (strength, agility, charisma, etc - base attributes are indirectly assigned.  I'd prefer to just make it impossible to go backwards, but I agree if anyone can do it, and its dangerous, its better to think of a way to block it from being done. 

Nanaki said:
- Clicking on Bard/Necromancer class skills does nothing?
  Everything in Guspav's M "class skills" does nothing EXCEPT  Cleric, Paladin, and Mage.
  Bards, Barbarians, Rangers, Fighters, Necromancers, Rogues all do NOTHING.  I'm guessing that he was so flustrated (flustered + frustrated) that he stopped here because Necromancer and everything else all overwrote the same position in the menu.  Of course, now that all the text is in separate layers, the buttons that he didn't really have a special menu for are easy to find.  I expected he planned to bring some menu during battle for special skills, that aren't implemented, but wanted a generic place to put them.  So far all it really does is open spell books, which you could have done for yourself (but now you don't need to know B or N - M lets you decide which to open by menu).  I'm of the opinion that time matters in some fights, and would prefer fewer things between me and my spells but at least they aren't all overwriting each other.

Did you notice Paladins getting faith back?  At least SOMETHING works.  That's progress!

- GS

Ok, I raised relation with Orcs and still there wasn't option to hire Ogres, tested same with other factions and everything works well, so maybe there is a mistake in hire Ogres script or something else.

I also noticed now that none of Ridas lords ever use Silver golems, not even archmage.

KingBruceLee said:
Ok, I raised relation with Orcs and still there wasn't option to hire Ogres, tested same with other factions and everything works well, so maybe there is a mistake in hire Ogres script or something else.

I also noticed now that none of Ridas lords ever use Silver golems, not even archmage.

Then silver golems arent in party_templates as reinforcements for that faction.  That's a Guspav problem, and probably by design.

I'll look at Ogres to see if they're ever meant to be hired.  Surely you're not saying _I_ made this mistake?  I never touched hiring scripts for factions.
It does amaze me how some factions you can hire golems and for others you get 10 dead beat orcs though; I'd prefer to get a discount on orcs, for 200 coin.
Or maybe get 15 instead of 10  : )

Bummer.  Huge battle involving Elves vs Orcs, perhaps 300 in size, crashes fairly early as my Elves side charges forward and into my view:
  going UP from the mod into Warband I open THIS file:  rgl_log.txt and see what Warband thinks happened:
Code:
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material helm_tyrk_det->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material helm_tyrk_detali_a->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material helm_tyrk_detali_b->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material horse_tail_a->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material horse_tail_b->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material horse_tail_c->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material saracin_spears_detal->new material will be ignored Loading Module Resource  ep_textures 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_materials 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material dwarf_beard_blonde->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: ep_ice_normal Loading Module Resource  ep_ui 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_skeletons 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_animations 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_skins 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh orc_head->new mesh will be ignored Loading Module Resource  ep_particles 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_objects 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_environment_set_a 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh mushroom1->new mesh will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh mushroom2->new mesh will be ignored Loading Module Resource  ep_environment_set_b 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_environment_set_c 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_environment_set_d 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_environment_set_e 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh ep_forest_mushroom_p.lod3->new mesh will be ignored Loading Module Resource  ep_environment_set_f 

rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material_drow_tiled_wall.bmp for mesh drow_house_a_old.9 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material_ep_drow_floor.bmp for mesh drow_house_a_old.8 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material_ep_drow_floor.bmp for mesh drow_house_a_old.7 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material for mesh drow_house_a_old.6 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material for mesh drow_house_a_old.5 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material.001_drow_tiled_wall.bmp for mesh drow_house_a_old.4 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material.001_ep_drow_floor.bmp for mesh drow_house_a_old.3 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material.001_drow_wall_seamless.bmp for mesh drow_house_a_old.2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material.001_drow_wall_seamless.bmp for mesh drow_house_a_old.1 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material Material.001 for mesh drow_house_a_old Loading Module Resource  ep_armors 
 Loading Module Resource  ep_items 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh elven_bow_carry->new mesh will be ignored Loading Module Resource  ep_item_lods 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh elven_bow_carry.lod1->new mesh will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh elven_bow_carry.lod2->new mesh will be ignored Loading Module Resource  Runico_Remake_weapons 
 Loading Module Resource  bns_surrealarms_modified 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: xenoargh_half_mask_normalmap 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: xenoargh_half_mask_specular 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material xenoargh_half_mask for mesh rogue_armor1.2 
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material xenoargh_half_mask for mesh rogue_armor1.lod2.2 Loading Module Resource  bns_xenoargh_dark_armors 
 Loading Module Resource  CoF_requests 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture Leaf_armour.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture Leaf_armour.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture sp_helm1.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Leaf_armour.1 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Leaf_armour.1_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Leaf_armour.1_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: ext_itm_armor_khe_t2_armor_d 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: ext_itm_armor_khe_t2_armor_d_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: leather_guardsman 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: leather_guardsman_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: leather_guardsman_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material sp_helm1->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_elf 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_elf_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_elf_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: helmet_elf 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: helmet_elf_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: helmet_elf_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Elf_ranger 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Elf_ranger_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Elf_ranger_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Elf_ranger_helmet 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Elf_ranger_helmet_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: Elf_ranger_helmet_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: leather_swordsman 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: leather_swordsman_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: leather_swordsman_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_braided 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_braided_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_braided_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_gothic 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_gothic_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_gothic_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_temeria 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_temeria_n 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_temeria_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh sp_helm1.lod1->new mesh will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh sp_helm1.lod2->new mesh will be ignored Loading Module Resource  CoF_Westeros 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture manface_midage.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture helmets_specular.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture helmets_normalmap.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture helmets.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: armour_Manderly_squire 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material helmets_b->new material will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: ext_itm_armor_pla_t2_tabard_e 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for texture: tabard_s 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister material manface_midage->new material will be ignored Loading Module Resource  pbod_resources 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh flag_infantry->new mesh will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh flag_archers->new mesh will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister mesh flag_cavalry->new mesh will be ignored Loading Module Resource  SoreRes 
 Loading Module Resource  rigale_game_menus_pics 
 Unrecognized Module_info directive =  load_mod_resources . Skipping.
 Loading Module Resource  gui_elements 
 Loading Module Resource  buz 

rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture undeadface_a.dds->new texture will be ignored 
rgl_post_warning_line: attempt to reregister texture undeadface_a.dds->new texture will be ignored 
} //Processing Ini File Finished
 Loading Music...
 Loading Textures...
 Finished Loading Textures...
 L8 Format is  supported
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_medium 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_release_crossbow_far 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_bullet_hit_body 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP SOUND CODE:  snd_player_hit_by_bullet 

rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for mesh: seismic_explosion 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for mesh: seismic_explosion2 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_ep_floating_ice_5 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_roh_burial_mound 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_waterfall 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_wheeled_cage 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_door_iron 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_rock_elf 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_prison_cart 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_prison_cart_door_right 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_object failed for body: bo_prison_cart_door_left WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_launch 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_missile_dives_into_water 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_troop_upgrades_button_clicked 
 WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME SCRIPT CODE:  game_character_screen_requested 
 Loading Module...
 Loading item kinds...
 Loading dialogs...
 Loading mission templates...
 Loading party templates...

rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_musket 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: psiphoon_musket_reload_revised 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: psiphoon_musket_reload_revised 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: spear_thrust_overhead 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: reload_pistol_new 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_upper_swing 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: musket_thrust_forward_parry 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: equip_pistol 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: pike_brace 
rgl_post_warning_line: get_skeleton_anim failed for: shield_bash loading time:  99721 
 Finished All...
 Loading tracks
 load_map_data complete.
 Init_map complete.
 init_meta_mission complete.
 map mesh built.
 get_ideal_sun_color.
 get_ideal_fog_color.
 1065 parties added.
 launch complete.

it never actually tells me what died in the fight, but it DOES give clues as to what Elf models aren't loading, and THAT _is_ handy...

a small bug. With the last releases the gnomes bank produce interests. With the last build, it is not the case.

v141b was mostly trying to test dual stab for spears, but its not yet working.  Perhaps tomorrow there's a v141c

There's so many little issues I don't have time to focus on any single item.  If I seem slow in responding to any one person's burning issue, be sure there are a hundred other open or freshly opened issues I ALSO need to address...

EDIT:
  in the end, I have to drop the dual stab for spears, for now. It hangs when looking at a female human/elf/dwarf with an animation 558 error when using Papa Lazarou's skeleton.brf file for animation rigging. I don't feel like going back to the more ugly human female faces; although women should be judged on brains over beauty, considering the likely demographics for Warband users, it's safe to presume most of them are unmarried young males - not that exceptions don't exist!  So I'd rather keep the better look for females while continueing to buff the role of women to be "at least" equal to if not slightly superior to men, in keeping with Nature and the highest standards.  Men continue to be slightly stronger in upper body terms, and women persist in being slightly wiser and slightly more cerebral.  In general women are more welcome (almost) everywhere on the map, while with men it remains slightly harder to be accepted. 

While taking screen shots, I noticed THIS:
SR0jY.jpg
  the number up there exactly matches the cash in my chamberlain's inventory after inquiring about my treasury.  This gives me a match for what string register is not getting set / is getting overwritten giving strange ownership strings for villages.  I may yet solve the mystery...

If with the most recent patches your old savegame starts mentioning "your gathering continues" or talks about fatigue or gives feedback on "your crafting continues" where you didn't set crafting, your save game is slightly affected by shifting location of global variables.  I've been able to recover from that by:

go to phantasy settings and notice all the settings are moved down one.  You need to reset the toggles.  Set the wait multiplier to 3 as a suggestion, I set "allow formation rotation" and "AI defense stance blocked" as enabled, for tester options I set all enabled except the last 2.

for the ongoing crafting messages, those go away once you actually craft something - anything.  They're waiting for a matching value in timer that will never happen, so they go forever until that value gets set.  You'd only see this when Rigale is enabled.

These started for me around build v141b.  Otherwise my save game seems to work; I cast spells correctly; the tree viewers default to showing slightly less information, this setting seems to have changed.  Otherwise it seems to retain the vassal settings, my chamberlain's inventories, etc.
If it was truly unsalvageable I'd take the opportunity to redo items to fix stealth, which works but limits battle size at the moment.  I'd like stealth tobe cleaner so I can a) include more effects for shadows, and b) give something nice for rogues, who right now really are a neglected class.

I am not sure that is a bug. I play with the swadian. I am a vassal. I have around 600 renown et 20 relation with swadia. I like the new troop tree with elite troop for cavalry, infantery and ranged for swadia. I played the original mod for a long time. I finished by recruting very elite troop (for swadia knight of the king) in town and castle. For the moment, I can only recruit basic troop in town. I want to know if it is a level of renown or relation to unlock knight of the king (the top elite troop).

v142 bugs still not fixed
Magic missle and magic storm will sometimes bug and only fire 1 projectile instead of 3 or more. It stays stuck like that and randomly fixes itself sometimes a few fights later, sometimes never.
Player characters still randomly casting haste.
I think these problems all come down to it still considering the player an npc?

I apologize. I can recruit elite vaegir troop because my relation with that faction is very high. I must built my relation with swadia to recruit knight of the king.

I meet a small bug. I am a vassal of swadia. We were at war with the elfes. They took dhirim. The strange thing is that I can enter the town and can't besiege it.

there is the fact that when I fought elfes I helped another lord. Perhaps it was why I could enter their towns.

lesommer said:
there is the fact that when I fought elfes I helped another lord. Perhaps it was why I could enter their towns.

No its letting you in because the prejudice for your troops has them liking your mix. I need to set the maximum prejudice value to drop to whatever value diplomacy has for where the diplomacy value would return < 0.

It was a good observation and useful to me.

I have the last version 142b. The mage spells works better. When I fight arabs their special troops hit mine with fireball. When I fight drow bands we are hit by mage spells.

I have two problems.

First. I am at peace with the nord and the russian. The problem is that the factory that I have in their town have their income confiscated.

The second problem is that I try to recruit troop in a swadian town owned by a swadian lord. In the previous path, I could choose between swadian militia and caldarian militia. Now, I have nothing. I could not recruit anybody. I must play again to confirm my last talk.

In the previous patch I can recruit more troops. In 142B I have a party of 76 of 77. When I recruit from a town, I recruit 10 militia that I could not do anymore. My relation with swadia is not high enought to have knight of the king.

I am a vassal of swadia.

My remark about factory is clear. I can play because I have a huge treasory.

lesommer said:
In the previous patch I can recruit more troops. In 142B I have a party of 76 of 77. When I recruit from a town, I recruit 10 militia that I could not do anymore. My relation with swadia is not high enought to have knight of the king.

I am a vassal of swadia.

My remark about factory is clear. I can play because I have a huge treasory.

You can't recruit if your party is almost full.  The check party size + 10 recruits comes up with > party limit, so no new recruits are offered.
If you drop to party size 67, it offers the recruits if you otherwise meet faction relations test.  It won't show recruits anywhere except 1 Golem in Mageocracy, and then only if you have high enough faction relation, at 76/77.

As for the factory, that's a different issue.

Back
Top Bottom