Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

I have another bug. In Halmar, I refused a job by the guild master. The next day, I reconsider. The game is blocked on the screen if you want  to reconsidered good

lesommer said:
I meet a very small bug. I want to play swadia. I begin in swadia land because it is easy to fight looters and forest bandit. swadia is at peace with everyone.

I ask a task to the guild master in praven who propose me to stop the war with nobody. I don't know if it is a mod's bug or a game bug.

I have a screen of the dialog. But I don't know how to post it on the forum. I don't post a lot.

You can post photos and screens by uploading them to a third party hosting site like imgshack or simply Google Drive and post the link using
tags.

lesommer said:
For the merchant guild bug, I can send you my save. I backup them.

You could, but my focus is on rebuilding the mission_templates section (battles), which is blocking large battles.  I won't have time for quests until probably 2 weeks from now.  Your priorities aren't my priorities.  My calendar has next Wednesday (1st Nov) until the following Thursday (9th Nov) blocked, with me being away from my computer most of that time.  Because I havent put a donations box, my family won't let me even type to you from home.  And work is closed for national holidays next week.  The one thing I have time for is to demonstrate for Guspav how to use lists to avoid so many (at least 30!)  try_for_agents calls, which burn so much time as number of soldiers in a battle increase that the game will crash in big battles.  This more important to me than all of the guild quests, all of tournaments, and all of any else's quests.  They're just not important for my last two days coming up.  We can look at quests next month, when I can work again.  Sorry, but I get a LOT of hostility at home when I am on my computer "wasting time" and not looking for a "real job".  This is about the only thing I do well, but at home it gets no respect.  So I have to do it away from home, until I have permission to put a donations box and call THIS my "real job".  It either is my job, or its not.  Guspav is welcome to take your savegame too, but I dont expect he'll do anything with it sooner.  But quests arent top priority for me, which explains why there is fast progress elsewhere and slow progress for quests.  Part of the quests work -- farmers asking you to save their villages - work.  You're just going to have to find new ways to level and finance your activities; quests were all you had in the old game.  Right now, you're not thinking outside the box.  You still assume the bandits haven't moved, or you know how strong they ere from Guspav's 2014 Phantasy.  Sorry, there isn't the same game.  Things change.  Some of the change is good.  I'll look at quests later, when I am not up against a wall waiting to be shut down for lack of support at home and lack of anything to do "at work".  I still think I made more progress in 3 months than most people do in a year.  It could always be worse.

- GS

Thank you for reply. I am aware that this is a beta that I use knowing it. I wanted to tell you that I found a bug.

I understand that you have your priority that is battle. It is a bigger problem. I had a crash with an encounter with drow at night using magic.

I had another minor problem that is I can't keep my prisonners. They left the party one or two days after. But it can be a functionnality. It is not a big problem. I can make enought money to build my economy.

lesommer said:
Thank you for reply. I am aware that this is a beta that I use knowing it. I wanted to tell you that I found a bug.

I understand that you have your priority that is battle. It is a bigger problem. I had a crash with an encounter with drow at night using magic.

I had another minor problem that is I can't keep my prisonners. They left the party one or two days after. But it can be a functionnality. It is not a big problem. I can make enought money to build my economy.

The prisoners leaving party I am looking for where that comes from but have not found it.

Crashes in battle are mainly driven by the size of the battle; you should set battle size to around 80 right now, even if other mods you could use 500.
I'll have a version that is better optimized soon, that should be good for 120-150.  I'm not sure it will ever be good for 200+; there are too many places where every agent, living or dead, is checked (fireballs, paladin auras, warg/spider attacks, turn undead, heals, darkness - all like these I can't optimize further).  I can optimize all the checks for mages and wizards and paladins and necromancers that happen now, so that might be 1/3rd of the wasted time I can recover.  Other mods don't have these area attacks or area spells, so they can support a much larger number of agents (troops) in battles.

I might hide the menu choices for quests by cheat menu for the short term while I fix other layers; it isn't just guild master, but quests can come from tavern keep, a king/queen, and other lords.  The guild master you can make relation with the town by helping an epidemic, which both pays better and gives more status than all guild master quests combined.  But that needs changing settings in Phantasy settings menu.  Actually all of the settings are fairly safe now -- most of the stability problems from Rigale layer were cleaned, but I think crafting and harvesting fail a little too much right now.  I'll adjust the success after I get the battles cleaner.  Epidemics need a good healer; this and your large party (which can be tier 0 troops - it just counts people in the party plus all the healers in the party to find out how much to pay your party for their help).  If you have a few monks and nuns plus you have some healing skills in the party you can certainly make big money.  As an example of something that is unique, so you may not have found it yet.

With time I hope different strategies each person uses can be written to some thread "How I made money / levels when I started".  Everyone has a different plan - as you showed me with the old and slow quests.  I miss the quests that build relation with lords, as those are needed for marriages, but most of the old quests pay less and do less than other, newer systems in the game.  I will try to find why they don't work, but my suspicion is they need a fairly long amount of work compared to the other layers.

- GS

I didn't check for the previous post thus I'm not sure if this bug was reported or not.

I met a bug when trying to solve the "starting quest" (saving merchant's brother from bandit's lair).

When trying to enter the bandit's lair, a group of looters (and with a mage!) come out and attack my team.

After defeating them in a field battle (not in the lair), trying to enter the bandit's lair again, a female villager comes out and asks me if I would like to buy something (and she does have many goods to sell!), if I quit the dialog, I just went into a battle field without any enemy. I can still win the battle, but just can't get in the bandit's lair and continue solving the quest.

If someone had already reported the bug, just ignore my post :razz:

Thanks! 

chenblackeagler said:
I didn't check for the previous post thus I'm not sure if this bug was reported or not.

I met a bug when trying to solve the "starting quest" (saving merchant's brother from bandit's lair).

When trying to enter the bandit's lair, a group of looters (and with a mage!) come out and attack my team.

After defeating them in a field battle (not in the lair), trying to enter the bandit's lair again, a female villager comes out and asks me if I would like to buy something (and she does have many goods to sell!), if I quit the dialog, I just went into a battle field without any enemy. I can still win the battle, but just can't get in the bandit's lair and continue solving the quest.

If someone had already reported the bug, just ignore my post :razz:

Thanks!

What is the starting city?  I tried that quest once and it worked for me, but each starting city gets different bandits.  It sounds to me like you found a place where the dice rolls that pick the bandit need to adjust.  the mage suggests  I need to edit party_templates for the lair, which I can believe.  I agree you don't need a bandit mage for a level 1 lair...  and that is something I can fix quickly, unlike many other quests, as there is a narrow place where those get decided.

Thanks for the input.

The starting city is Praven and the bandits lair appears around the village of Azgad

gsanders said:
  What is the starting city?  I tried that quest once and it worked for me, but each starting city gets different bandits.  It sounds to me like you found a place where the dice rolls that pick the bandit need to adjust.  the mage suggests  I need to edit party_templates for the lair, which I can believe.  I agree you don't need a bandit mage for a level 1 lair...  and that is something I can fix quickly, unlike many other quests, as there is a narrow place where those get decided.

Thanks for the input.

I just had a "out of video memory: creating shaders" message and a hard freeze at desktop AFTER a battle ended.
  I had noticed I could get away without needing to toggle  "load textures on demand", but apparently these are where at least one source of hangs came from.  It's interesting to one by one turn off each cause of a hang, but there's some kind of memory leak from shader activity with my current settings.  I'll keep trying different settings, I just posted this now as a heads up warning.

All of the northern cities CTD when you try to walk around, or bypass to GM using cheats.

The other cities are all fine. (V138 & V139b)

my male orc start seems have some bug, if u have time, please try male orc thief start and sneak into a town do some thief guild job and watch his proficiency.
it suddenly change with no clue.

Kalis33 said:
All of the northern cities CTD when you try to walk around, or bypass to GM using cheats.

The other cities are all fine. (V138 & V139b)
  these are screen shots from  (image 1) Wercheg  (images 2-4) Sargoth and (images 5-6) Tihr
IWE71.jpg
BFCzG.jpg
IW-69.jpg
AS73A.jpg
J7hIe.jpg
0ibUp.jpg
  what I DO see is a very long time to load, suggesting the towns are too complex to fit in your video memory.

You could attack this in two ways:
a)  make absolutely sure you have "Load Textures on Demand" checked in Warband: configure: video settings, done BEFORE starting Phantasy

b) go to your mod folder, copy & paste (to make a copy of) the folder SceneObj
        now go find Native if its installed and copy from there these files:
    scn_town_1_center.sco
    scn_town_2_center.sco
    scn_town_12_center.sco

town 12 is wercheg,  town 1 is Sargoth, town 2 is Tihr.
  These look to be copied from an OSP for towns; the same OSP was used in Perisno 0.7
  Surprisingly, in both cases the election to use that OSP was made before I was doing code for each, and I simply neither added nor removed anything from scenes.  It is as it is, at the moment, with nothing to do with my code.  If a significant enough number of people have issues loading it, I'm happy to make a version that uses pure native towns for Nords.

It is useful to know where problems are.  Your low stats (and affordable!) rig is a useful canary in a cage for this.

- GS

minokz said:
my male orc start seems have some bug, if u have time, please try male orc thief start and sneak into a town do some thief guild job and watch his proficiency.
it suddenly change with no clue.

Weapons stats for  Orcs was changing at night in Guspav's code, along with Drow and undead.
  While I'm fine with that for normal troops, as pointed out by you and some others, it isn't fair for players as there needs to be some handling for giving weapons skill points only at night, so the code doesn't throw away changes.

With v139b that no longer happens.  However, in my infinite wisdom I didn't give you access to the latest folder with v139b, which is corrected now. Check your forum mail box.

- GS

Heh, you called it, I'm on a hand-me-down laptop atm. (2gb ram, 1gb graphics)

Option B got me into Nord cities, still CTD in Vaegir's...

Kalis33 said:
Heh, you called it, I'm on a hand-me-down laptop atm. (2gb ram, 1gb graphics)

Option B got me into Nord cities, still CTD in Vaegir's...

Oh, well, Vaegir cities:
town 11  Curaw
town 13 Rivacheg
town  8  Reyvadin
town  9 Khudan

you'll want to do the same for these, copy the appropriate town center scene from native.
  I have no idea where Guspav copied Dwarf or Blazing hand from, but most things Blazing Hand came from CWE mod.

- GS

I wanted to mention two other issues:
a) in the prejudice code, where it checks all the skins in your party, and weighs you as 5x a normal troop and each of your hero companions or spouse as 3x a normal troop, and otherwise is blind to tiers but only counts pluses and minuses from skins reactions, at one step it converts the faction a castle or town belongs to into a skin, then gets the faction reaction from diplomacy for that faction, adds to the skin to skin prejudice (because prejudice occurs at the skin level, not faction level, else diplomacy would constantly reset it with each change to peace).  Anyway...
here's the problem:

everything works as it should provided you're either a neutral player with no faction, or a mercenary or vassal of a faction.
  If you declare your own kingdom, because culture is unknown there is a point where the count doesn't know what faction to consider you as and thus what skin to use, so it has a fail safe that sets your faction's equivalent skin to "human male".  Its a safe guess, that just might work -- UNLESS you're the player that wanted a culture of Orc/Drow/Undead for your band of cut throats. In that case, your own castle/town will decide you're not their kind of scum anymore, and lock you out.

I also had drow decide I wasn't evil enough after I dumped some drow and took on mages from the Mage kingdom (who are a lot more neutral in their relation to the fellow magic using Drow -- not that they particularly like them, but they are less prejudiced).  This allows a half drow half mage crew to be real close to neutral at Mage kingdom territory.  But coming back, Drow didnt think I was up to their standards (and for that matter I was an orc player so they weren't greatly thrilled anyway).  I had to dump a few mage recruits and hire some drow to be welcome at their castles.  But I consider that a valid proof that prejudice in fact works.  Except in the one case where it won't.  Which I will fix next week when I get back...

EDIT: looking at the code I can put a simple test of whether the faction is player or player's followers and when so return a neutral prejudice check, without actually looking at what the player has in the party.  This is probably a simpler and fairer kludge and won't break save game.  Some OTHER fix might, but not this...

b) For the same test case savegame #3, the orc mage, dodge certainly was failing me.  BUT maybe I needed to roll a fresh character.
The savegames are very susceptible to shifting SOME of the slots stored and then the places where I was counting on a value being found there is nothing there.  Dodge was working for me in savegame #1, but not in #3.  #1 was a fresh reroll.  So it may not be happy with a v138 save like I wanted it to be.  Its a bit twitchy in that respect -- and I do make a lot of changes really fast, giving a chance to break saves even when I hope not to.  Even just MOVING where a variable is or adding a fresh memory slot kills savegame (and I added 2 slots for v139/b).

I figured I best mention it early.

- GS

I only played a little bit(doing laundry and such before a shower before i sit down and actual play)

I went into the settings and turned stealthy on(didn't see anything to suggest this was the case...) and discovered that when enabled no damage can be done... was fighting looters while holding a spiked mace(not stealthy) and the only damage either side could do was me running them over with my horse which did upwards of 1k a charge(apparently a noble's son, page, evil cleric who worships the god of plagues, and fights mounted gets 5 riding and a 50-55 speed(can't remember exact stats) courier... which equals instant death for anything charged...) I turned the stealth system off and damage worked again during a second looter encounter...

Also my character kept randomly using it's priest abilities(also unsure if covered), during the whole stealthy incident I tried using negative blast and other prayer skills and only hurt myself(negative burst), harm spell did nothing, same for flamestrike... then i suddenly noticed my character started using heal whenever it had the energy to do so... which the random heal when i had favor bug kept occurring after turning the stealthy system off during a second looter encounter...

I'll edit this later after I've settled in and started playing some more...

Back
Top Bottom