Bugs in Phantasy 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Kishinz said:
Not exactly sure if a bug, but the Vorpal Blade can instakill you if you fall off of a ledge or something and take any damage while wielding it, happened two times with me, pretty funny, tho

This is from how Guspav coded it.  He uses reg0 to decide what weapon gave damage but reg0 gets walked on really quickly.  Its part of why I'm not fond at all of all the fancy items at 4-ways inn.  They are mostly problems for me, and I personally didnt need any of them to find the mod useful.  So all trouble and no value to my measurement of things.  I'll look at it later, I'm busy now.

GS Edit: " Open Issue, but mostly annoying"

First i want to say i really like the mod and appreciate your work on the mod. I mostly played L-1 version. So after some hours of play here is my list;
1. At The tournament in wizard tower there is no weapons. I thought this is for a getting magic tourney which would be cool. But i couldn't manage to open spell book and nobody used any spell. So everybody goes with fists.
2. At another tourney it was Rivacheg if i remember correctly when i get a 2hander i couldn't able to move in normal speed(i was moving in walking speed). My proficiency was pretty low so it might be the cause but i think pirates with 2handers also had the same problem in my encounters with them.
3. Wizard faction armies looks like orc ones on the world map. (persists in L-2)
4. I couldn't able to charge my staffs. I tried with archmage staff, expert staff and gnarled staff. I tired using weapon type switch via "x" and checked spell book for an option, no help. (persists in L-2)
5. And i know you are frustrated about it but it looks like prisoner bug persists too.

GS Edit:  "all of these are fixed for v155/v156 except #3

Selling prisoners trough the constable can cause issues sometime as well (only if you chose to sell from the garrison). The prisoners are mismatched, you can have random bandits in your party to sell and sometime lords or random troops will show up for sale. Another issue which isnt major but would definitely help with bandits is the patrols who currently disapear when they reach the center they are supposed to defend ( usually they would enter and exit shortly after but they simply never leave and patrol. 

Is magic defense working as intended ? it seems to have little benefit when being attacked by even low lvl mages as it seems to insta kill me even with 10 mag def and 50 ish hp. Hopefully damage can be tuned down a bit since sieges are usually a bloodbath if you have fewer mages than the enemy (inherithed from the original mod).

GS Edit: " magic defense only is checked for some spells at the time you wrote this, especially not for magic missile, flame arrow, acid bolt etc.
  By now many of the SCRIPTED spell effects have a magic defense check but the INITIAL damage ignores magic defense skill.  You can die from either the initial hit or the scripted magic attack, but only the second part gets a magic defense check.  If the initial damage is very small the ai will not throw the spell.  Possibly some up front damage can be trimmed Open Issue

Patrols and Prisoners escaping are fixed now."

spending a few minutes with L2 and I probably would next want to change how often war/peace is decided.  It flips a little too fast for me.
At least no one will complain no wars are starting!

Hedin said:
I haven't been able to join defenders during a castle siege several times now. I click to join them but am just returned to the overworld map. Maybe someone else has experienced this also?

I do, I had to try again and again, suddenly I succeeded in sneaking in and help the defenders.

Gaurwaith5 said:
If you want to get bug reports in a special format or you don't want any reports at all from average player, you might edit first post in the way what you want, so nobodys precious time will be wasted writing, reading bug posts. Thanks for your work and response!

I'm really tired right now.  You're in the correct thread; this is where reports should go.  If you can accept that I can't fix everything same day / next day, then you're already in the golden 10% of the community.  I'm not able to keep up with all of the things posted already and it seemed to me people were frantic, plus the same posts came over and over.  I suppose if all I did was make the mod native, I'd get no complaints; by trying new things, there is much to keep adjusting.  Therefore it needs patience from your side and my side.  I can honestly say after being hit by 50 or so complaints in a day i feel like deleting the mod from all places and continueing with only people that already have my contact info, so they just shut up for a few hours and let me think.  But they have the right to complain, just as I have the right to question whether its really worth it.  I used to think it was kind of fun to share what little I had, as it was and even if it half worked.  I thought the half that worked was unusual.  Apparently, thats not how it is at all.

So, we each have our expectations.  Sorry its less than perfect.
  Give it a few days and maybe something will get fixed.  If I wipe the mod then at least the community stops suffering.  If I fix the mod then they have nothing to complain about.  So its either freedom for me or the lash from the community.  The community is a cruel and harsh task master.  But I suppose I gave them special reason to feel outrage.  They should stop playing for a week or three, go outside, get some sunlight or something, and forget about me.  And I shouldn't allow them to be upset because the game doesnt do all they expect or desire.

Pepelnica said:

If you dont have anything good to coment, then dont. If you dont like what the dev is making, dont play the mod. Now please take your sorry ass out from this thread.

Just a reminder that tone is very difficult to interpret in written communication. Especially when reading strangers' comments, some of which might not be in their native language. I've found that for myself attempting to assume best intentions is a great place to start. Even if i see someone that is clearly being a jerk (and i truly think this is much rarer than it appears) i try to remind myself that everyone has bad days and says or writes stupid things. Man, i sure have! In any case putting any energy into their anger or jerkiness seems to be more harmful to myself than them by far, and seems like it just reinforces the rare true jerk, ie feeds the troll.

I'm sorry if this comes across as preachy. My intent isn't to lecture anyone. I've just seen a lot of comments in these forums that to me read as curious questions or soft requests be interpreted as complaints or demands and that saddens me as i'd guess the percentage of excited fans of gsander's work on this mod is much closer to 99% than 10%.

Hope you can feel our love and appreciation gsanders! Cause it's there and pretty overwhelming!

I actually agree sooner and faster than any poster that the mod is far from perfection.  And there is a need for people to mention they have problems -- from me, from the mod, from Cancer, whatever their problem is.  It's not my place to complain about bug reports.  Just so long as its clear I'm ALREADY doing what little I can so I dont need more "feedback" to rob what little inspiration comes.  I already know it needs work.

I removed the mod from hosting sites by way of apology for apparently not working hard enough already.  If I could remove it, and all the last 5 months here, I'd do that also.  I'm already at `100% effort.  There isnt anything more that I can do for the community.  Just give it time, and if that means stopping your play through and taking a walk outside, then sunshine is healthy too.  Every mod I've ever seen took months to patch.  Here I'm expected to do it in a few hours.  There is no other mod ridden harder than this one.  Just relax and smell the flowers.  Eventually it will get fixed, even without mentioning to me how broken it is.

I appreciate how useful Guspav's NOT releasing the mod was now.  He was doing the people a service by preventing them from disappointment that something wasn't perfect.  Instead I figured I could tweak up everything, with 50/50 success, and it would be something.  Well, that it was.  It just wasn't something worth sharing, but I was too stubborn to see it, until assisted by outsiders.  You see, I managed to enjoy it even working half way.  I didnt NEED it to do everything.  It was enough that it did SOMETHING different.  If I wanted the perfect end game, grinding till the end, I could have played native.  At least every minute of this was different, if a bit flawed.

I get it.  I get thqat Duh had to rescue me again.  I get that a few people wonder "why is he so mean?  All I did was help by mentioning a problem".  OK those are great.  I already know there are problems.  But I can't fix them when I am having to respond to more notes in a day than I can already fix in a week.  Its a negative feedback loop that can't end.  Unless I pull the plug.  Then I fix as best I can, and if or when it looks like daylight again I can reconsider sharing.  In any case, Guspav was right.  4 years wasn't long enough to sit on the release. It probably needed another 4 months.  I'm sorry you all started campaigns when it is such a burden to play right now.  Surely there is something else you could do for a few months?

I had inspiration for a fix that needed coming for a long time now, but it seems pointless.  It will fix MY game, but from feedback there is nothing that fixes anyone else's game.  I guess I'll make one fix for myslef, share it here, and only here, and if you find it helps you then it was time worth spending.

Nobody is riding you. You've taken it upon yourself to reboot Guspavs mod and made it your own. You released the mod into the community and the modding community (as they always have done), provided feedback and notified you of bugs. You flipped out and took offense to both of these things, wherever they were posted and responded to fans - because that's what we are, your fans - with undue sarcasm and vitriol. Nobody demanded anything unless you mistake suggestions as demands and dealing with the bug reports is as simple as cataloguing the ones you aren't aware of and ignoring the ones you are aware of. You complain of a lack of respect, yet even after getting flamed by you on the nexus for no bloody reason whatsoever, I still have respect for the work you put in and admire you as author. Your approach to feedback is unhealthy as it's almost as if every problem people make you aware of, you take as criticism and a personal challenge. It's not. If your job was to make the mod, ours was to help you polish it.

I seriously hope this doesn't discourage you, what you are doing is art and it is evident there is a lot of passion behind it. If I could, I'd have your snarky, sarcastic little babies :fruity:

Hey chaps !  Not sure if this is a bug, a feature of Rigale/diplomacy or me being a fumble fingered buffoon... 
A few of my chars have started walking around instead of running ( cool for rp i guess ) I have tried the keys that are meant to toggle run/walk with no success. 
Is it the weight of gear worn or carried vs my Strength maybe?  Or am I suffering from a wound ?

Any help would be appreceited, at the moment I am strolling around battle fields in a most relaxed un-Orc like manner  :lol:

GS Edit: " besides the snarky yet detailed explanation next post, there is a DIFFERENT Rigale layer that I overlooked that applies to map movement:
  Active versus Passive exploration can impose a 15% movement penalty.  For a very long time I set the default to Active instead of passive.
fixed for v155/v156 A4"

palewarrior said:
Hey chaps !  Not sure if this is a bug, a feature of Rigale/diplomacy or me being a fumble fingered buffoon... 
A few of my chars have started walking around instead of running ( cool for rp i guess ) I have tried the keys that are meant to toggle run/walk with no success. 
Is it the weight of gear worn or carried vs my Strength maybe?  Or am I suffering from a wound ?

Any help would be appreceited, at the moment I am strolling around battle fields in a most relaxed un-Orc like manner  :lol:

Here's the "fix" I suspect needs implementing, and the best part, you can do it yourself  (insert sinister laugh, which fits as I'm left handed):
  a)  First lets look at your character as the mod sees you:
    click  Reports: Reference Material: View all Lords (and yourself):  click the big left arrow at the top to speed select the player:
          click your own icon, but not too often as this a family board:  you're interested in weight  and strength.

Technically, athletics matter a little but surprisingly the main issue is the weight to strength ratio.
    divide weight by strength  and this becomes a number; it gets multiplied so that I dont have to have a floating point number so it will really be

(weight * 10) / strength.    Now this number determines your "encumbrance type".

Code:
#  ratio       athletics     shield   power Draw  Riding    Horse Archery
#   0.5              3          +3      +1          +1          +2
#   1.               2          +2       0          +1          +1
#   1.5              0          +1       0           0           0
#   2.              -1           0      -1          -1          -1
#   2.5             -2           0      -1          -2          -2
#   3.              -3          -1      -2          -2          -3
#   3.5             -4          -2      -3          -3          -4
#  >3.5             -6          -4      -4          -3          -4

all that matters for you is the ratio and the "athletics adjust".  In terms of setting base movement speed, your base speed became
  100 + (effective athletics * 10) %.    Notice this gives values in the range  130 down to 40% of normal.

So why don't high tier troops suffer the same movement penalties?
  I could almost make you hunt for a tool that could show each of your troops and do the same check, and you would KNOW the anwer.  But I'm not quite as mean as the pundits suggest, so the quick answer (they always want it quick) is:  BECAUSE THEY GET PT'd MORE THAN YOU DO.
Drill sgt mode off.

Now you know.

Lets see, hell units and death knights dont use fire balls and flame arrows, tag them as mages maybe?
Necros specialized skeleton stops working after 11 in necromancy, it still decreases health but no units given oh and this is on 150L2

GS Edit: " for the first, I'd have to also set magic power.  This was done at a later time by the way, but the idea to add items is a not bad suggestion.  Its not really a bug, but its worth remembering.  OPEN ISSUE

For the second issue, game_menus needed a change so that 11+ necromancy did not stop the menu selection.  Now the last choice checked looks not for necromancy skill  = 10  but rather 10+, allowing necromancers to continue working.  They just don't get a new effect, but the effect stays as if they has skill 10.  Fixed"

zecond said:
KingDan1700 said:
Prisoners leave party after 1 day of being held captive it in chat it says "Prisoner" has left the party. They stay in garrisons just fine and vassals don't leave except when they escape.
On that one i noticed a pattern, maybe, it happends around the time when night creatures get weakened or strengtened

patterns are useful.  I can at least look for things happening at certain times of the day.  I've looked and looked and just cant find it.  I did try to put messages at every point I could see prisoners separated from parties, and lowered escape chances everywhere.  No dice.

zecond said:
Lets see, hell units and death knights dont use fire balls and flame arrows, tag them as mages maybe? Necros specialized skeleton stops working after 11 in necromancy, it still decreases health but no units given oh and this is on 150L2

There needs to be a different handler for agents that wake up with items directly in their hands, so that they can regenerate mana and the ammo limiter works properly on them.

Maybe I should put a red warning sticker on necromancers not to go past skill 10.

So, people often mention their weapons are removed in battle and I mention "oh, this is you selecting to be a magic user and magic user auto-prepping spell slots for spell casting".

I realize there is a back door that might have been used to allow casting benefits without casting limits that the poster was complaining about being blocked:
  This anti-exploit may be removing items that were bought via the "find item" cheat, but it's written wrong:
Code:
    (try_begin),
        (this_or_next|eq, ":agent_id", "trp_player"),
        (this_or_next|is_between, ":agent_id", "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin", "trp_heroes_end"), # but penalizes Kings/Queens
       ## ^^^^^^^  THIS is wrong and never should have been done.  This is GS starting something and forgetting half way through the exercise what comes next...

# should have tested only companions and kingdom ladies (potential spouse). 
                              ##  Also should prevent examining inv of spouse lords elsewhere
#unequips all phantasy spell intermediates except, or anything in slot 4 
        (try_begin),
            (neg|eq, ":agent_id", "trp_npc34"),    # GS Molocauduhm the demon might have been given spells already separately
            (try_begin),
		(agent_get_item_slot, ":item_in_slot_1", ":agent",0),
		(is_between,":item_in_slot_1","itm_magic_missile","itm_gnarled_staff"),
		(agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":item_in_slot_1", 1),    # GS also removes from inventory. 
                                                                                                  #  Should have removed from troop inv as well.
            (try_end),
            (try_begin),
		(agent_get_item_slot, ":item_in_slot_2", ":agent",1),
		(is_between,":item_in_slot_2","itm_magic_missile","itm_gnarled_staff"),   # all the spell intermediates cheat item purchased or Morgh'ed
		(agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":item_in_slot_2", 2),    # GS also removes from inventory                
            (try_end),
            (try_begin),
		(agent_get_item_slot, ":item_in_slot_3", ":agent",2),
		(is_between,":item_in_slot_3","itm_magic_missile","itm_gnarled_staff"),
                (neg|eq, ":item_in_slot_3", "itm_shield_spell"),   # <-- this is an error and shouldnt be this way, in all cases is a bug
		(agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":item_in_slot_3", 3),    # GS also removes from inventory                
            (try_end),
            (try_begin),
		(agent_get_item_slot, ":item_in_slot_4", ":agent",3),
		(is_between,":item_in_slot_4","itm_magic_missile","itm_gnarled_staff"),
                (neg|eq, ":item_in_slot_4", "itm_shield_spell"),  # GS actually this is wrong for a different reason; the slot still needs freeing if caster
		(agent_unequip_item, ":agent", ":item_in_slot_4", 4),    # GS also removes from inventory                
            (try_end),
        (try_end),

(call_script, "script_phantasy_spell_ammo_limiter", ":agent"),  # GS if there were magic missiles or Molocauduhm
    (try_end),

in which case, its working as intended bugged for slots 3 & 4, even if the player isn't a magic user or using cheated items.
  Adjusting this section as part of L-3 reforms.
  EDIT:  actually its correct for slots 3&4 but needs limiting to only player companions, player, and the set of kingdom ladies.  Also spouse lords should be blocked from player manipulating their inventory.  There is still a separate section for handling player spell casters and weapons slots.

The flawed test at line 3 would have stripped ALL NPC troops of spell intermediates, even if otherwise mana was available for the first use of a weapon.  Since some NPC had spell intermediates but not enough magic power to use the spell properly, those would have been crashes that this code was "cleaning", leading to a Guspav-like list of connected disasters, where fixing one problem unleashed a different problem and the entire chain needed changes.  This is the leading end of such a chain (the visible tip of the problem but now I have to go through other places to make sure agents really are getting mana refreshed if they use items while blocking players from accessing inventory to screw up certain spells by equipping those spells without meeting requirements and generally getting crashes for reasons that will look otherwise to be my fault, when exploiting).  It's a reminder that I'm not so different from Guspav for coding, except he got more done for ground breaking and pioneering, while my task is considerably easier.

This isn't his code error at all, but mine and only mine.

===
so besides the above, I need to call this every time the spell book opens and for NPCs that don't actually use a spellbook it is done one time only at agent spawn to control wasted bandwidth.  All the slow stuff happens at spawn / reinforcement.  This is considerably simpler than before; I used to try to evaluate weapons and ammo and keep them together, decide if there was a shield and then sort of decide which had priority, but the player could do a better job of that.  If you personally put staves in top weapons slot, leave the next slot free - it's what it wanted.  If everything is full but you're a magic caster, opening your spell book will either dump slot 3 if its lower value at the merchant than slot 2 or it just dumps slot 2.  If it finds any open slot when its time to free up slot 2 it uses that instead.  So, if no staff, just leave even 1 slot open and no worries.  If 2 staves, it tries to keep the higher listed one but can still be confused because elf and drow staves come later than archmage staff.
Otherwise I put it here so the pundits can decide where I made mistakes.  Otherwise this is what I roll with at L-3:

Code:
 # phantasy_hero_magic_prep  no regs prepare hero/player agent for spell use
 ("phantasy_hero_magic_prep",
  [
    (store_script_param_1, ":caster"),

## IF agent happens to have a chargeable staff, put it in slot0
    (assign, ":weapon", 0),
    (assign, ":empty", 0),    
    (assign, ":weapon_1",0),
    (assign, ":weapon_2",0),
    (assign, ":weapon_3",0),
    (assign, ":weapon_4",0),

# GS get slots 1-3 and see if any are staves that should move to slot0.  We only care about caster staves right now
        # players with more than 1 staff will only use the highest one found in the list of staves, mainly to preserve necromancer staff.
        # multiple special staves are thrown away now at the agent level to prepare for auto-charging later.
    (try_begin),
        (try_begin),
            (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_2", ":caster", 1),  # Weapon slot 2
            (is_between, ":weapon_1", "itm_gnarled_staff", "itm_snake_staff"),   # GS so stop checking if not these
            (assign, ":weapon", ":weapon_2"),
            (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_2", 2),    #
            (assign, ":empty", 2),
        (else_try),
            (lt, ":weapon_2", 1),
            (assign, ":empty", 2),  # don't waste the time spent looking at the slot earlier
        (try_end),

(try_begin),
            (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_3", ":caster", 2),  # Weapon slot 3
            (is_between, ":weapon_3", "itm_gnarled_staff", "itm_snake_staff"),   # GS so stop checking if not these
            (try_begin),
                (gt, ":weapon", ":weapon_3"),   # the unlikely case of 2 or more staves equipped, which one staff to keep?
                (assign, ":weapon", ":weapon_3"),
            (try_end),
            (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_3", 3),    # it is unequipped to prevent confusion for auto-charging staves someday
            (assign, ":empty", 3),
        (else_try),
            (lt, ":weapon_3", 1),
        (try_end),

(try_begin),
            (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_4", ":caster", 3),  # Weapon slot 4
            (is_between, ":weapon_4", "itm_gnarled_staff", "itm_snake_staff"),   # GS so stop checking if not these
            (try_begin),
                (gt, ":weapon", ":weapon_4"),   # the unlikely case of 2 or more staves equipped, which one staff to keep?
                (assign, ":weapon", ":weapon_4"),
            (try_end),
            (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_4", 4),    # 
            (assign, ":empty", 4),
        (else_try),
            (lt, ":weapon_4", 1),
        (try_end),

(try_begin),  # if it was already in slot 1 or didnt exist we don't need to do anything with staves...
            (gt, ":weapon", 0),     # GS special staff exists in another slot 2-4.  
            (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_1", ":caster", 0),  # Weapon slot 1
            (gt, ":weapon_1", 0),   # GS the slot is not empty
            (assign, ":weapon_move", ":weapon_1"),  # GS save the weapon to juggle slots later.  Let's find any staves
            (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_1", 1),    # 
            (agent_equip_item, ":caster", ":weapon", 1),      # GS now staff from slots 1-3 is in slot0
            (try_begin),
                (gt, ":empty", 0),  # GS earlier found an empty slot. so we can now put the item we moved just now to that slot
                (agent_equip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_move", ":empty"), # GS except now its not empty so best look for empty slot again
                (assign, ":empty", 0),
            (try_end),
        (try_end),

## we do however need to do something for slot 2:
        (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_2", ":caster", 1),  # Weapon slot 2 is agent inventory slot 1.  I know...
        (gt, ":weapon_2", 0),   # weapons slot 2 is NOT empty
        (assign, ":weapon_move", ":weapon_2"),   # hang on to weapon 2
        (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_2", 2),    # slot is clear

## see if we get lucky and theres an open slot to move it to
        (try_begin),
            (eq, ":empty", 0), # slot 1 might be open, or one of the other slots found earlier received slot_1's weapon
            (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_1", ":caster", 0),  # Weapon slot 1 is agent inventory slot 0.  I know...
            (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_3", ":caster", 2),  # Weapon slot 3 is agent inventory slot 2.  I know...
            (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_4", ":caster", 3),  # Weapon slot 4 is agent inventory slot 3.  I know...
            (try_begin),
                (lt, ":weapon_1", 1),
                (assign, ":empty", 1),
            (else_try),
                (lt, ":weapon_3", 1),
            (else_try),
                (lt, ":weapon_4", 1),

(else_try),    # GS do it the hard way; all slots are full and we still have to dump a weapon
                    # the problem now is which of the other 3 slots is expendable?
                    # and is it reasonable to for the player to anticipate what to keep,
                       # so we should prefer dumping say slot 3 over 4?  What if slot 3/4 inherited a high value item when juggling staves
                (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_3", ":caster", 2),   # check weapon slot 3 first
                (item_get_value, ":value3",":weapon_3"),
                (item_get_value, ":value2",":weapon_move"),
                (try_begin),
                    (lt, ":value3", ":value2"),     # weapon slot 3 item is worth less than slot 2 item although it might be a shield
                    (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_3", 3),    #   
                    (agent_equip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_move", 3),   # slot 2 got juggled to slot 3
                (try_end),
            (try_end),

(gt, ":empty", 0),  # it must have changed in the first 3 slots something is open now
            (agent_equip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_move", ":empty"),    # and so now we can juggle slot 2 to the empty slot.
                                ## If it had been full before it was already handled.
        (try_end),
    (try_end),

## this much needed doing no matter who it was, if they are a magic caster.  But the next is only for NPCs
    (try_begin),
        (get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),
        (neg|eq, ":caster", ":player_agent"),
        (agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_3", ":caster", 2),
        (try_begin),
            (gt, ":weapon_3", 0),
            (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_3", 3),    # dumps slot 3
        (try_end),

(agent_get_item_slot, ":weapon_4", ":caster", 3),    
        (try_begin),
            (gt, ":weapon_4", 0),
            (agent_unequip_item, ":caster", ":weapon_4", 4),    # dumps slot 4
        (try_end),
    (try_end),    # finished with preparing slots.
  ]),

This isn't really a bug, more of a quirk I guess, but the Paladins Aura of Healing absolutely rocks.. a little bit too much. Probably my favourite thing about the mod as it heals my horse as well, but can sometimes heal me a full 40 points of health what seems like every one or two seconds and made me invincible in a 1 on 20 fight against a band of orcs - a painful 15 minute fight. 
Aedan's magic missile while wearing armour is spamming a "your spell has been weakened by armour" message. This might be the case for all companions, I haven't taught them magic yet.
I'm trying to find a trigger for the prisoners going AWOL. Originally I thought it had something to do with rigale's "you almost perfectly know this area" messages but after just sitting idle and watching the world walk by, they got bored and left anyway.

GS Edit:
Paladin aura and Aedan casting were both fixed since this post.
"Eventually (some months later) this was found to have been coming from a single line at triggers not simple_triggers checking for conversion of necromancer lord's undead army prisoners.  The tiny defect allowed the player party to ALSO convert all (non hero) prisoners to undead and deposit them not in their own party but at Jelkala or Sargoth.  Once this was closed prisoners stopped leaving.  they don't leave in v155/v156 nor in v150 P4b"

Munchbold said:
Aedan's magic missile while wearing armour is spamming a "your spell has been weakened by armour" message. This might be the case for all companions, I haven't taught them magic yet.

I fixed this as it looked like a simple target of opportunity, and it showed what was breaking missile_storm this last 2-3 months.
I guess that was placed by my sponsor to remind me to not hit my head on others, as you solved a problem I gave up on some time ago.
In editing the line I looked up and by golly there was a mismatch in a variable name so the wrong caster was used. Garbage in/garbage out.

The clue needed was exactly a mismatch in spelling that I must have glanced at many times but didn't SEE.

It still is possible to have more than 1 layer breaking it, but it certainly is a layer I hadn't seen, and any sort of improper parameter passing can crash the game, which certainly was happening after some early months of NOThappening...  I guess I'll test it tomorrow.  (always tomorrow)

Glad to help. On the Paladins Aura of Regeneration; it could be that it grows stronger while enabled as time passes. If I'm correct, you only have to activate it once and it will carry on throughout the campaign until de-activated. I disabled it in a fight against demons, and later re-enabled it in that same fight after taking a heavy beating and my health began to slowly crawl back up. Prior to de-activating the aura, my health and faith points would wildly wax and wane in large chunks rendering me invulnerable unless I was KO'd in one hit, however no matter how low my faith points fell, I would always gain health.

GS Edit:  "Correct. There is a global variable set to mark the aura as on and telling mission_templates WHICH aura, and that aura messenger never gets reset.  Thinking about it, it COULD be reset automatically at the start of each mission before the player wakes.
Finally FIXED for v155/v156 A5, only 3 months after posting.  Yay me."

Back
Top Bottom