Bugs, Errors, or Problems (with patch 2.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I wonder why just the shields randomly do that but not other things. I've had my horse become lame a couple times, but it would be really cool if they were to die on the field and then magically spring back to life with full health.

I played two new games and the Feron weren't crushing the poor Illoriaon

Well it seems to be a tendency more than something always happening

But the human nation still remain under constant pressure

Megilfa said:
I played two new games and the Feron weren't crushing the poor Illoriaon

Well it seems to be a tendency more than something always happening

But the human nation still remain under constant pressure

Are Asaleth and the Planelords able to assist them in fending off the threats?  Do you feel as though if you played as one of their sides you could help drive them to victory? 

Without player interference, just simulating through time:
Ideally I'd like it so both sides have a chance to struggle if the three 'good' sides stick together.  If the three should happen to go to war with one another, they should end up on the verge of elimination.  If they can stick together, they should be able to somewhat fight off the threats for an extended time.  Some games could be swayed one way or the other, but in general a somewhat even match up.  I think we are close to, if not at, this type of balance right now.  It sounds like the Plague and Feron are an actual threat now, which they weren't in release 2.0.  The world appears to be a less safe place and its fate very much so at risk, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Thanks again for the followup feedback!

EDIT: Has anyone completed the entire Feron quest line, or is there still a quest breaking bug out there?  I know quest 6 can sometimes fail to register a victory, but I documented how to avoid that on the FAQ post.  Just wondering if I was able to successfully eliminate the major game breaking issues with that quest line.

This is aimed at the discussion in the Bugs, Errors, and problems thread, which seems to be blocked somehow as I can't post there.  Just wanted to say I'm loving the changes.  In my most recent game I joined the gladeborn;  we went to attack the BP but ran into a 1200 man Feron gangup.  Needless to say our 400i-ish force didnt last too long, though we got it down to about 600 or so.  Very fun!

Thanks for the feedback.  I moved your post for you.  Somehow this topic became locked.  I have unlocked it. 

Sounds like you are having a good time, which is great to hear.

Ok got a wiered glitch
I was just awarded a village for Rangers/druids after swearing loyalty as i went in the script came up infested by bandits which were the normal stock bandits then it came to the screen saying do you want the loot or leave it for the poor ..and i got a heap of red script .something about keepers of the scrolls and the victory cry out of the battle then every seemed to return to normal
I cannot remember the name of the village it began with a S and is on top of the mountain between the Ferron and sorry cannot remember the name ...purple faction
I started a new charicter with 2.2. so i dont think its any left over script

just strange and the game seems fine so maybe just a glitch

yes they are threats but the balance seems quite good  (2 where the horde advance and 2 where the humans resist very well)

and they team up well, I'm not often in the land of Planelord, but in the two other kingdoms for great battles it's always four or more parties team (two or more of the land where the battle takes place, plus one of each other kingdom)

don't worry, the forces of good fight well, the force balance is okay

I haven't seen the human kingdoms doing badly yet.  Not much seems to have changed on my end.  But in my last game the Ferons and BP broke each other down

So the most powerful weapon in the mod seems to me to be not an artifact at all.  In fact I would take a Balanced/Masterwork Poleaxe over it Death's Hand anytime!  It does good damage, can do all the moves (swinging sideways etc),  is couchable, and is as long as a lance.

Not sure if it's a native weapon or not, but it seems a bit out of place.  Though tbh I'd like to see the lances be a bit longer - great lance is actually shorter than lance!

New lances are coming courtesy of Cookie Eating Huskarl, and they look nice!  In addition, they are much longer I believe.

The Poleaxe is a native weapon, including the masterwork version, which is a random modifier you can find on it in shops.  Being couchable is, of course, a plus when on horseback.  The same could be said of the Glaive which was my preferred weapon in native.  In close range combat they tend to be too long though if enemies get close.

Death's Hand has added benefits beyond its damage, which is quite good.  It can break shields pretty quickly, and also adds to several stats.  It even makes you run faster.  I wouldn't sell it too short, it's a really nice weapon!  I can one shot almost anyone with it, even if they are in my face.  You can't say that about the poleaxe.  On the other hand, I tend to go infantry style when I join the Feron.  Just like their lords I forgo the horse and hide in behind my cheap recruits who absorb the initial arrows.  :smile:

Great news @ the lances.  The next version keeps sounding better and better!  I know DH is good, of course, just saying the poleaxe seems awfully good too in comparison :smile:

Anyways, speaking of arrows, and chance teh Gladeborn arrows will be added to the faction vendor sometime?  I couldnt help noticing doing about x2 damage with my bow after picking some up on the battlefield, hehe

NukularPower said:
Great news @ the lances.  The next version keeps sounding better and better!  I know DH is good, of course, just saying the poleaxe seems awfully good too in comparison :smile:

Anyways, speaking of arrows, and chance teh Gladeborn arrows will be added to the faction vendor sometime?  I couldnt help noticing doing about x2 damage with my bow after picking some up on the battlefield, hehe

Yes, they'll be in the faction armory when the Planelord get one.  Those arrows are only +2 damage though.  The Gladeborn arrows come in a quantity of 45 though. 

It is the Gladeborn bows and their level of power draw that make them so deadly.  The bows have a very rapid rate of fire and the projectiles are fast as well.

Not sure whats up here, but after completing all the Feron quests, I'm in the process of conquering the rest of.. well, everything.  However it seems after every battle I am getting a random number of Asaleth Knights in my party, sometimes even pushing me over the party limit.  Not sure what's up there, if it's doing the necromancy thing or something and giving me knights instead of zombies?  Or is it that I have 1900 renown and they autojoin cuz of that maybe?

I mean it's pretty great really, especially since the Ferons don't get much cavalry... but still XD

Can send the save if you want.

NukularPower said:
Not sure whats up here, but after completing all the Feron quests, I'm in the process of conquering the rest of.. well, everything.  However it seems after every battle I am getting a random number of Asaleth Knights in my party, sometimes even pushing me over the party limit.  Not sure what's up there, if it's doing the necromancy thing or something and giving me knights instead of zombies?  Or is it that I have 1900 renown and they autojoin cuz of that maybe?

I mean it's pretty great really, especially since the Ferons don't get much cavalry... but still XD

Can send the save if you want.

Yes, I'm going to message you to get that save.  I want to see that.

Is it occurring only after sieges?

Not sure when, tbh, since they die fairly frequently.  All I know is that I was surprised to see myself with 40 Knights after starting with 20, and upgrading a bunch, and recruiting 0!

Will send you the save once I can find it!

NukularPower said:
Not sure when, tbh, since they die fairly frequently.  All I know is that I was surprised to see myself with 40 Knights after starting with 20, and upgrading a bunch, and recruiting 0!

Will send you the save once I can find it!

Ok, wait, so you had some knights in your party already?  Were they lords or regular? 

The only area of code that could produce this should be regarding sieges.  I'll have to see what's going on.  I suspect it is something in the code that converts knights to siege knights in sieges and then back to regular knights afterward.  It's worked okay for me, but I must have missed something.

actually you are right, it is sieges.  Tried a field battle and didn't get any, sieged a BP castle and went from 41 knights to 50.

NukularPower said:
actually you are right, it is sieges.  Tried a field battle and didn't get any, sieged a BP castle and went from 41 knights to 50.

Let me ask this, when you go into a siege battle, do you have more knights then you had before you started it?  Or is it correct until the battle ends?  I'm trying to figure out which script is causing the issue.  You went from 41 to 50, what type of knights were they?  Did any die in the battle?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to find the pattern while I look at the code.

EDIT: Making one small change to the code that might impact the AI, but shouldn't impact the player I don't think.

not sure, can try ditching the rest of my army to test.  But since I have 200+ troops they don't all come in the battle I dont think, so I can't really tell how many died and whatnot.  AFAIK I am not losing many.

It's only Asaleth Knights, doesn't seem to happen to the Knight Lords

Will try a couple sieges more and see if I can figure out the pattern.

NukularPower said:
not sure, can try ditching the rest of my army to test.  But since I have 200+ troops they don't all come in the battle I dont think, so I can't really tell how many died and whatnot.  AFAIK I am not losing many.

It's only Asaleth Knights, doesn't seem to happen to the Knight Lords

Will try a couple sieges more and see if I can figure out the pattern.

I found a missing try_end in one of the lines of code for that script.  There is a decent chance that this is the issue as missing try_end lines can leave some messy loose ends.  Unfortunately they just aren't something the module system will pick up.  I'm hopeful that this is the solution as the logic itself looks good. 

Thanks for the troubleshooting and picking that up, I hadn't done enough sieges with them involved to notice it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom