Resolved Bug with the "Family feud" quest

Users who are viewing this thread

On 1.0.4, whenever i get the "Family feud" quest I can't complete it. The NPC that you have to talk to now also has a request for a "Family feud" quest, and when I want to complete the quest I don't have the dialog options.

Its tricky bug.... you need to leave your companions in tavern, so he(guy whom you are helping) can even appear when you go to village(in your case: "Meritor" need to be near "Avigos of Zestea" physicaly)....

This time it looks different. Earlier for me when I reached the person at the second settlement it was as though they already had another mission for me, and so did not have the proper dialogs for me. This time, the guy I am supposed to protect did not follow me into the settlement and the person from this settlement has no mission dialog choices for me at all.

Its tricky bug.... you need to leave your companions in tavern, so he(guy whom you are helping) can even appear when you go to village(in your case: "Meritor" need to be near "Avigos of Zestea" physicaly)....
How do I leave my companions at a tavern? Do I have to remove them from my party? Sounds risky.

How do I leave my companions at a tavern? Do I have to remove them from my party? Sounds risky.
Best I could think was to disband all party members before traveling to the village. This did work, as Alcha followed me to the village and was with me when I greeted Oragur. However, since I didn't have any other party members with me, it was up to just myself and Alcha to fight the thugs. I didn't react fast enough from horseback so the thugs took him down to 50% health and then stopped.

Oragur immediately spoke to me again, but again had no mission specific dialog choices. He was a plain villager again.

Also, you cant leave your companions at a tavern. At least not that I can see.

In any case, the mission still doesnt work, even if you can get the hostile target to talk to you. After your ward gets beat down, youre at a dead end (so to speak).

I thought maybe rearranging the order of my party so that my ward (Alcha) was the next on the panel under my character's name would make it so he would be following me when in the village. Nope. Every time, no matter what order my companions are in, it's always the first companion I ever hired who follows me. The only way to make it so Alcha follows me around in the village is to have no other companions.

I am also thinking my sword was ineffective against the thugs because I was doing no damage, as is usual in a village.

f*ck, I sent my companions to carry out other tasks for this . Tavern much easier and faster:ROFLMAO:

In city menu there is "+" button. up right. Its for leaving companions
So there is. Thank you.

So, that was effective. And I was wrong, I can hurt the thugs (if I can hit the slippery guys with arrows....nope) and they can hurt me. Still, I seriously hope this is not the intended design. If I'm supposed to protect this guy against 4 others I want to be able to at least bring my companions.

Hope this gets fixed.

So there is. Thank you.

So, that was effective. And I was wrong, I can hurt the thugs (if I can hit the slippery guys with arrows....nope) and they can hurt me. Still, I seriously hope this is not the intended design. If I'm supposed to protect this guy against 4 others I want to be able to at least bring my companions.

Hope this gets fixed.
You need to say "you are breaking the law" and persuade him to forgive and take the money. This is the designed route... well... Dialog options could be better as npc are stating, the law allows them take revenge :grin:

I sure hope this is not by design. Nowhere does it say you must leave behind your companions in order to progress. And why would it do that to you anyway? You've been charged with his safety. Why would go alone into that situation?? Not smart.

Still hope this gets updated.

Back
Top Bottom