[BUG(?)] Warband frames repeating, graphics stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

killkhergit

Squire
Lately, I've been having problems with Warband getting 'stuck on frames'. Just played around today with 0.720 for the first time, and noticed something really weird:

The game hangs after every few minutes. Sound and gameplay continues, but new frames aren't being rendered anymore. The last three frames left in the frame buffer that had been rendered start looping around (changing the number of prerendered frames also changes the amount of looping frames). Alt-Tabbing in and out of the game fixes stuff and reveals me having been killed again...

It's just really weird (and annoying) and didn't happen in version 0.67x. Anyone else got this 'problem'? Or is it just strange lag?

Specs that matter:
- Phenom II x2 550 @ x4 / XFX GeForce 9600GT / 2GB DDR3.
- Sitecom WL-182 300N Adapter + some 300N router, 4/5 bars signal strength according to Windows 7, usual ping at around 40-50.
- Game settings set to Max, limited to 60FPS (vSync), framerate never goes below 60.
- Never have or had any problems with games, Warband 0.67x or running apps like Prime95 for a few hours before.

Not just you. I submitted a bug report on it and someone else did as well (I noticed and linked the reports). Only started for me in .720 whereas before I was smooth as butter. Other issues have also cropped up in .720 that for me did not exist before such as a laggy stutter sometimes when moving in quickly against infantry while mounted.

But the one you listed is the worst by far. Sometimes I can go a whole map without a problem, while at other times it's every 5 minutes or less. The only "fix" I have right now is to alt-tab out and hope I can alt-tab back in before I'm dead. (Normally this does not work as the bug seems to crop up when you're in combat).

Back
Top Bottom