Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing:
Now I know that nor the troop tree, nor the item list isn't finalized yet, but I think it would be better to address the issue now, then latter :smile:

The problem is in an item, which couses a little problem. And the problem spreads to the troop tree. This applies to the Eastern tree and also the Western troop tree. Possibly scandinavian tree also? But the Eastern troop tree is were the problem is the most obivous. Does that make any sence? :smile:

Please take a look at these gentelmen, who call themself archers.
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5936/mb3b.jpg

The problem is there armor("Studded leather armor" called in game). I believe, with the warband it updated the original mount and blade model. If I remember correctly the original was quite ugly and consisted basicly of a leather shirt. However now it has a new sexy look and even adds a chainmail beneath the leather. I believe that thats where the problem originated.
Firstly, lets say that the stats for a chainmail with a leather shirt on it the stats are too low. Needs an update. But thats a minor issue.
Secondly, and what I was found amusing is that now, by the looks of it. Archers have better armor then some of the front line soldiers. Atleast in the eastern troop tree that's very obvious. So swordsman, spearmen and all that is just runing with a lamellar vest(which dosen't even cover there back) while archers has chainmail. Silly no? :smile: Tho if we take the stats in consideration, i believe everything is fine, as the lamellar vest has more defence then the studded leather armor, so for now the problem is cosmetic :smile:

Might be good idea, to give archers "Leather armor" (thats how it's called in game, the mesh name is tattered_leather_armor_a and can be found in armors_g.brf) insted. The new "Studded leather armor" looks great, I would suggest consider it for higher teer troops.

Second thing:
What I found not right in the Eastern troop tree(yes i know, it's not final):
-bucklers weren't used in the east.
-Axeman have wrong axes... As far as i know, those kind of axes weren't used at the time in the region. More 'viking style' axes were used. Becouse no such thing as a bill, voulge or other exotic western equipment were either found here, better use a bigger axe insted(the new warband long axes are preaty nice) :smile:

Any change for a seperate tree for Lithuania and Novgorod? The nobility troop tree would be the main issue - Druzhinik and such runing around wouldin't be correct thing for Lithuanian troop tree. But the rable would probbably be the same(if we don't go into too much detail, atleast). Tho more furs and javelins for Lithuanians, would be historical.

Cheers,
DrTomas

I get weird graphicbugs everytime I fight searaiders. Everytime I stare at the searaiders my whole screen becomes full of weird thick grey lines that spiral on my screen... it's like staring at a grey sun. It goes away when I don't look at the sea raiders. I'm not having any problem with anything else, just the sea raiders.

Game crashes whenever I try to save the game. Using Steam with the latest version on Windows 7.

Looks like a great mod btw, can't wait to play it for more than a few minutes  :razz:

This might very well be a stupid question, but I am not the only one on whose end no doors ( from streets into castles and such ) can actually be used, am I ? Some are outright lethal, for example teleporting me into empty space above the outdoors arena. If this question has already been answered plenty of times, and you simply haven't found the time to fix it yet, I am sorry.

I get the graphics bug when fighting sea raiders in Northern europe aswell, btw, don't know if it is the map or what, but I've never seen anything like it in WB.

Gideron said:
I have the same problem attacking castles, there is a small gap between the top of the ladder and the wall meaning that the vast majority of my men get stuck attempting to enter the castle, other than that no major problems roons smooth.

Is it for all castles?  The old M&B scene files should have no problems.  Just give me some castle names so I know where to start looking.

Skandinav said:
This might very well be a stupid question, but I am not the only one on whose end no doors ( from streets into castles and such ) can actually be used, am I ? Some are outright lethal, for example teleporting me into empty space above the outdoors arena. If this question has already been answered plenty of times, and you simply haven't found the time to fix it yet, I am sorry.

I get the graphics bug when fighting sea raiders in Northern europe aswell, btw, don't know if it is the map or what, but I've never seen anything like it in WB.

There is one piece of clothing for sea raiders that's causing the problems I think.  I removed it and have had no issues since then.  Manual fix would be to open item_kinds1.txt, locate the line which has 'vik_noblemanshirt' in it and replace 'vik_noblemanshirt' with 'linen_shirt'.  See if that helps.

I created a new troop tree, called it the the Balt tree, that's very recent though.  Check your PMs DrTomas (when I'm done writing it that is!)

When I start as a none noble but serving a faction I never get to choose a banner. I'm part of the faction, with a village all my own, but no banner. I tried waiting several days to see if there was a trigger that checked to see if a factioned player had a banner early one but no dice.

I'm getting "WARNING: CHECK INVALID ENTRY" spammed while in battle. Screen turns to black and then crash to desktop. I noticed it happens when AI exits or reaches boundries of the battlefield. Error isn't reocurring in any specific location from what I've seen.

Great mod nevertheless.

I have a quest from one of the lords to find a "nearby" common bandit hideout. I route a few bandits and they go to Thorn (bug?)... not quite near France. Another poster in the download comments section remembered that the bandit hideout was in the Lithuania/Teutonic region, but it would be nice if I could follow the bandits there because I can't find it... Must be blind.

I've also seen a few scripting errors and tavern doors leading to castles, but that's already been reported.

Anyway, if I find a better bug, I'll let you know. Thanks for this EXCELLENT mod!

Dralion, I found the Mountain bandit hideout in Lithuania, and a Steppe bandit hideout in England and a forest bandit hideout next to Kraków. When I said to you in the download section, I thought, you are with Lithuania ot Teutonic order.  You can follow the routed bandits, if you have pathfinding at least 3 and you have less than 30 men, so you're quick enough to follow them.

othr said:
I created a new troop tree, called it the the Balt tree, that's very recent though.  Check your PMs DrTomas (when I'm done writing it that is!)

Good to hear, a separate baltic tree - makes me happy :smile: . I eagerly away to see what you came up with.

There are some castles that have about 100 men of garrison but when you visit it, appears one error of unrecognized unit and the menu describe the castle and says there are not garrison.
Anther bug is that once a week, appears about 30 error messages related with ladies.

Eickes said:
Aisomasu said:
The game crash when i'm trying to save after a big battle.

got the problem too. befor i start the battle i can save, but afte this battle game will crash

Now I testet different ways .... an I can save now :wink:

after a great battle I need to ride in a city, then leave it and then I can save the game.
sometimes it also helped if we had just 1-2 days change

Hey i really love this mod but it happens to crash everytime i get out of a bigger battle, for example i fought king richard and when i was done and in the item exchange after battle and pressed done i got warband has stopped working :sad:

and it also crashes when i besiege castles as soon as the next wave of enemies spawn i get a c++ runtime library error ( im guessing that has nothing to do with the files of the mod more with my own system but i thought people could help me:smile: )

Just a point i have noticed, not really a bug as such, but something that really annoys me.

I can't speak for everywhere but most of the english cities/villages/castles are WAY out of position, as in hundreds of (real life) miles out of position. Ruins the experience for me tbh of what a historically accurate mod should be.

Like i said i can't speak for the rest of the map but i'm pretty hot on my english geography (I live here).

If you want me to put a map together and label it with where all the cities/villages/castles you have are then i'd be more than happy to do this.

Other than that the only other thing is the ridiculous movement speed.

Apart from that, great mod, keep up the good work.

I tried out starting off serving the Gaelic Kingdoms because they were the smallest faction I could find. Thought it would be interesting. Anyway when they finally decided to take out Dublin I was unable to help in the battle. :p Makes it hard to convince Brian to hand it over to me. :wink: It would just ask me if I wanted to pass through the line and allowed me to enter the town.

tyranical, I believe the current map is an old one and more of a place holder. They are working on a much nicer and I believe more detailed map right now. Here is hoping we get it in the next release.

Sorry if this has been caught or talked about but I did a search with no luck.  I haven't been able to find any of the single Ladies in the game.  When they say someone is at a certain castle I can't find them anywhere.  Is this a bug or do I need to be apart of that faction before they appear?  Thanks for any help, great mod!

Can't get any prisoners out of York or London. Basically, there are no cells, just a shop with a prison guard outside. You can talk to the prison guard and he will let you into some cells, but then you can't leave as it says the door to the castle is locked. Obviously it's the way out of the cells, not a door to the castles.

Not a serious bug and may be intentional but in native 1.113 they finally made it so prisoners ransom price goes by level. Didn't make it into this mod though. As tough as the higher tiers are in this mod if I manage to take one prisoner it would be great if I made something off of it. :wink:

Count Roland said:
Dralion, I found the Mountain bandit hideout in Lithuania.

Thanks for your help, Count. Following the bandits does not help because they always go to Thorn when routed and disappear. I used the fog of war cheat to see the whole map and checked around Lithuania and I don't see any hideout. Lithuania is getting it's butt handed to them by the Templars, though.

I think I'll let this quest go. I don't care for that one lord anyway.

Hellhorn said:
I haven't been able to find any of the single Ladies in the game.  When they say someone is at a certain castle I can't find them anywhere.

Search the taverns for any troubadours or wandering minstrels and ask them about feasts (among other useful things like poems you can learn) and they will tell you about any feasts that are going on. If one is going on in your country, go to the castle and you'll see any lords visiting and their eligible daughters.

I'm not positive, but I think you need to be a trusted member of that country in order to be let in to the feast and they will be at that castle but only appear during the feast. It's not a bug, I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom