BUG Reports v 1.36 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Valkirah said:
1. I haven't tested that but throwing may be different than bow/xbow.  Try ordering "hold" and "blunt only", that should prevent any engagement.
No, It should behave like bows.

Bug:

The icons for all the villages I have found so far are correct, but once villages are looted their icons switch into Sarranid type villages as they recover. Very strange.

I keep getting glitches with armour, certain armours don't display correctly in the inventory and for some Lords it displays some kind of default image for armour rather than the armour they should be wearing

Hari said:
I keep getting glitches with armour, certain armours don't display correctly in the inventory and for some Lords it displays some kind of default image for armour rather than the armour they should be wearing
in 1.335 lords used to wear expensive armours like lorica, wolf loricas , here lots of them wear cheap mails and use just spears or cheap axes

by the way , i tried Imperium Romanum , Brytenwalda v1.332 and i've seen lots of really beautifull things disapeared in new versions od Brytenwalda , Brown leather shield(with gold in the middle ), some swords,mails or loricas(with dragon sign  :sad:) and other stuff.some of them were changed for less interested items
sorry , that isn't right place for that post :oops:

I mean things like this are happening:
261dnxe.jpg

I tried to get a screeny of the inventory one, but i couldn't find the armour that did it.

Stein said:
Bratislav said:
3) i dint see any villagers parties on the map... Is that normal? How are villages trading then...

#3 Is a critical issue if villages are not trading goods with their towns, hopefully we can get a response to this soon.
Argh! It's the same problem as last version's recruitment bug. I didn't check to see if there were other instances (there are three others). Sorry 'bout that guys...

when i die in a battle all my troops A.I gets retarded, cuddle up in a big pile and starts throwing spears in a melee fight and such,

when i "die" in battle my troops should get in a charge mode, but as it is now they cuddle up in a pile and starts walking backwards while throwing sticks even if the enemy are all up in their face,
and they suck in combat in all the ways sucking in combat is possible, and get killed by inferior troops.
no idea what they do too get killed that easy but it means that when i die, we kinda lose the battle,

also my archers thinks the order "hold your fire" is a polite suggestion.  :twisted:

they also miss all the peasant women we used to "save" from bandits  :wink:  but i think you already knew about that bug

Experiencing the following bugs:

1) when knocked from horse I am pinned to the ground and cannot get up.  My health bar is still fine, and I can give orders, but for mobility purposes I am dead.

2) villagers disappear on the world map within a few days and all economic activity halts because of it.  This cripples the game completely.

3) Some items no longer display the stat bonuses in the item description in blue to describe their quality type (hardened, ragged, etc.) such as +1 speed or +2 head armor.  I liked that feature, now only a random selection of items have it

4) When fighting outlaw warriors in Ireland I lose honor for choosing to fight them.  When they try to rob me and I say "I have nothing but cold steel for you scum!" or whatever you say there, it knocks my honor down to zero.  I gain honor for properly disposing of their bodies at the end of the fight, but then while burning the bodies I get attacked again and and lose the honor all over again for fighting more outlaws.  Probably a simple fix where the honor value got mixed up.

5) OK, these last two about the arena are not technically bugs, but they bug me.

A)  Tournaments were played for entertainment of the people.  Most of the scenes now have no audience watching at all.  Why is this?  I'm not saying every town would have a giant arena or anything, but it stands to reason that if tournaments were even an annual event that there would be a designated area and that it would have accommodations for spectators.  This might be as simple as a roped off area with some bales of straw stacked up as a two tiered bleacher seating or log benches or something.

The 2006 movie "Tristan and Isolde" has a very nice example of what a tournament arena might be like in 7th century Briton. Check it out.

B) There are a bunch of arenas that actually load in the whole town scene.  Sometimes it takes several minutes to load.  This is no problem when there is a single scene that you are interacting with, but it has to load six times in a tournament event.  That can be more than 10 minutes of loading for less than 10 minutes of actual gameplay. 

These areas should be self-contained so that they don't require an entire nearby town to be rendered.  What's the point when you can't interact with it anyway.  Vanilla handles this concept pretty well.

George Orwell said:
5) OK, these last two about the arena are not technically bugs, but they bug me.

A)  Tournaments were played for entertainment of the people.  Most of the scenes now have no audience watching at all.  Why is this?  I'm not saying every town would have a giant arena or anything, but it stands to reason that if tournaments were even an annual event that there would be a designated area and that it would have accommodations for spectators.  This might be as simple as a roped off area with some bales of straw stacked up as a two tiered bleacher seating or log benches or something.

The 2006 movie "Tristan and Isolde" has a very nice example of what a tournament arena might be like in 7th century Briton. Check it out.

B) There are a bunch of arenas that actually load in the whole town scene.  Sometimes it takes several minutes to load.  This is no problem when there is a single scene that you are interacting with, but it has to load six times in a tournament event.  That can be more than 10 minutes of loading for less than 10 minutes of actual gameplay. 

These areas should be self-contained so that they don't require an entire nearby town to be rendered.  What's the point when you can't interact with it anyway.  Vanilla handles this concept pretty well.
I make the scenes so I'll answer:
A) The spectator scene props in the game are hideously ugly - even at a certain distance - so I don't use them.
But you are right, there should be spectators at arenas.

B) I'm very sorry. For me scenes load in a matter of seconds, and small scenes load almost instantaneously.
It's not the entire town scene though (only the visible parts are in the scene). But it's still a large scene.

Do you really mean several minutes to load a scene? That sounds absurd, but you must be telling the truth  :smile:

George Orwell said:
2) villagers disappear on the world map within a few days and all economic activity halts because of it.  This cripples the game completely.

Has anyone found any work-arounds at all?  Since this is such a core game mechanic I can't help but wonder if something got turned off somewhere that just needs to be turned back on... allow_villagers_return_home* = 1 instead of 0 or something.

*disclaimer: I made this up, it's not a real variable

motomataru said:
Stein said:
Bratislav said:
3) i dint see any villagers parties on the map... Is that normal? How are villages trading then...

#3 Is a critical issue if villages are not trading goods with their towns, hopefully we can get a response to this soon.
Argh! It's the same problem as last version's recruitment bug. I didn't check to see if there were other instances (there are three others). Sorry 'bout that guys...

Is there an edit that we can perform that corrects this issue?  Or do we need to wait for a hotfix/patch?

Thanks very much,
Cheers,
  Val

Wellenbrecher said:
You had the same thing happen with 1.35, right? Yeah, you had.

So why exactly are you still doing it? Shouldn't the logical conclusion by now be:
don't ******** free Lords as long as you dont have the quest to do so.
Huh?

That's not to say you should not report the problem, but there's no reason to actually keep doing it and then complain about it...

if i can do something , i'm doin that  :smile:,
every way is good to conquer new land  :smile:

by the way

I'm sorry to the Brytenwalda team if i'm too rude in my posts sometimes but patience never was my good side...
i love that mod and every time i play Brytenwalda i remember these places

Hadrian's Wall (Willowford) :
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158698787542990&ref=notif&notif_t=event_invite#!/photo.php?fbid=238718786169727&set=a.101111319930475.410.100000948215417&type=1&theater
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/9134/p1050392o.jpg

Dunnottar Castle (probably existed already in VII century) :
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8707/dunnottarcastle.jpg

Dun Troddan Broch (probably 100BC):
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158698787542990&ref=notif&notif_t=event_invite#!/photo.php?fbid=238698282838444&set=a.148641678510772.24891.100000948215417&type=1&theater

Valkirah said:
George Orwell said:

Has anyone found any work-arounds at all?  Since this is such a core game mechanic I can't help but wonder if something got turned off somewhere that just needs to be turned back on... allow_villagers_return_home* = 1 instead of 0 or something.

*disclaimer: I made this up, it's not a real variable
where i suppose to change that ? i ca'n't find anything simmilar in rlg config or module.ini :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This was already mentioned in another topic but not in the bug reports.
When starting Brytenwalda using WSE it's impossible to enter a tavern/mead hall, arena or a Great Hall.
It just says "Door is locked" no matter what time of day it is.

This has also been the case with Brytenwalda 1.35, however it works perfectly fine when playing in native.

If this info is in anyway useful: I tried this with WSE version 1.802 and 1.830.

I think the Saethyd (or however they are spelled, the elite archers of the britons) are buged. They have low power draw and weapons with 85 accuracy. Weaponskill 170, but they still hit some 80% of their arrows even on extreme range. I even took a 45 point hit to the head with a 51 point helmet on on extreme range. That should not be possibel with a longbow and 3 points of PD. Is it possibel they have access to some super weapon that I can't loot? My 5 point PD archer can never do that much damage with a longbow, and never be that accurate.

Thanks for a great mod.
/Rigor

Not sure if this is a bug but it seems like one to me.  I've equipped my 22 companions with (large bags) of either franciscas or angons.  I used every different model type in outfitting them, meaning I've used regular/light franciscas, striped angons, dark metal angons, and shiny harpoon-style angons.  I doubt that matters but I mentioned it just in case.  It seems like my companions never throw these weapons at least 95% of the time.  They just stand there with the items in their hands and then switch to melee weapons without ever throwing anything.

Now on the other hand, when I had them all equipped with javelins, they start throwing immediately when the enemy is in range and nearly always throw all their javelins before the enemy gets into melee range.

Is there any way to get my guys to throw these heavier weapons with the same "enthusiasm" as javelins?  Is this bugged?  Is there a variable I can edit somewhere? 

Thanks!

There might be some windmills in villages.
Can you remember the name of the scene, or was it a unique battlefield?

If it looks like this:
ubtiltingatwindmills1.jpg
it should already have been fixed. Make sure to play latest version.

Back
Top Bottom