BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.21

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way to change recruitment so that you can select the amount of recruits you want from a maximum pool that is willing to come with you?

Because I'm sick of hiring 13 men, just so I can replenish the 1 man I lost. (I'm kind of OCD)

When I fight game crashes, and I see message:

RGL ERROR

Unable to open texture file
Modules\Brytenwalda\\Textures\(name of file).dds

@nordman101

can you look here (2 post):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,136401.0.html

@graycloak
No idea, I've had a couple of battles where I got knocked out and then my troops won but they wouldn't end - they just stand there cheering and I cannot tab to end the fight.

Also, my troops hardly ever charge when I fall. I see the message but they just stand there anyways.

I was looking this yesterday, and i think that i had fix it. Now you can use TAB

@mailor, Rad

1) Make soldiers fees higher generally, especially Cavalry. It's too easy to upkeep a huge army, and money is very easy to come by anyway.

2) Make archers a LITTLE better generally. They don't get many kills, and die like flies.

3) Cavalry should become a little less powerful and more expensive

I will test it.

@BlackHand
When I meet a king, and I want to talk with him about his pretender, the menu says
" I want to talk about  " and my character's name.

And another thing, when speaking with a foreign lord:

does it run well in native?  :???:
If it is yes, send savegame plz, for i can see where/who is problem.

@JPNM

You have some script of custom commander here, but we dont wish add "everybody can be commander", because It seems that you lose a little role / feeling about your character.

@Adorno
These might have been mentioned. The villages Du Glas, Pabell and Llanerch are snowy which there isn't on the overland map.
fixed

And Llanerch looks like this
That problem should is fix in complete 1.21 version. Are you using pacth over 1.2?

@gamerdude873

I also have this problem, but only so far I've noticed BL_N Swords 2 and 8 or something of that nature. i suspect there are more. My guess is someone forgot to either adjust the paths/names of the meshes and textures, or didn't upload them at all. Please look into this.

It look that you have lost textures in instalation, you need reinstall or open install and copy textures.

@Social-Pariah

Boar hats seemingly don't react to changes in light, so they look fine in daylight, ish... but are bright at night time.

Boar Helmet? We have that retexture it

Is there any way to change recruitment so that you can select the amount of recruits you want from a maximum pool that is willing to come with you?

Because I'm sick of hiring 13 men, just so I can replenish the 1 man I lost. (I'm kind of OCD)

No initially, it is similar to native here (with others features for number of men). If you visit village that dont love to you (0-1 relation), you got few recruits.
If you have space party free, you got most recruit normally.

@Qui-Gon

You have lost texture in instalation. Idem i said to gamerdude873

@Dest45

everytime i try to hunt a herd of deer i get a C++ Runtime error. idk if it happens with boars too though because ive hunted them once and didnt have any problems.

It look ocasional crash.
I have look hunt now and it run well. If it happen to you other time, post plz.

Great mod with amazing variety of new additions that really transform the game into something bigger, but I have severe disliking towards a couple of things:

1) The amount of looters/raiders on the map, their number of soldiers and their map traveling speed is just way over the top, especially in some areas. In addition, all of them carry shields making it even more impossible to beat them. The Quest of training villagers and then fighting bandits is affected as well, with all bandits carrying shields and proper armor.

2) The weapons do  too little damage, even to naked units. It's like chopping wood rather than hitting at real people. A mere peasant surviving 3-4 direct hits from a pierce weapon by a 28 lv character or units with no armor or leather armor surviving 4-5 hits from a thrown or ranged weapon is ridiculous. Even the weakest of weapons should do enough damage as to stop someone from happily running around as if they were hit by a sponge instead. It's funny that in Tournaments in particular one has to hit an opponent several times before they're brought down, even if your character is high level with proper combat stats.

3) You've increased the price of items and units, making it difficult to equip characters and form up a bigger army, yet the majority units are well equipped as if they're all rich enough to buy proper equipment, not to mention their stats are way too high for the amount of time it takes them to level up. It becomes impossible to fight even mere looters because they're so much better equipped and skilled. The attack on hidden bandit encampments becomes nearly impossible even with high-tier units as your group because bandits are equally skilled and equipped, and simply overrun you. With each opponent taking multiple direct hits to die, there's nothing you can do.

4) Something I think was always unrealistic in Native - horses speed - is still not addressed for sake of realism. They're simply too slow. Nothing major though compared to the above points.

I really love the mod, but these things get into the way of balance and fun, and are a source of much frustration.

Hi everyone!

Just a few suggestions:

-Could it be possible to add more salinae around the map (like one in the highlands and one in the middlelands and one in ireland...)?

-About battle, AI is charging anyway, that was much better in a previous version, where they advanced very slowly, but the battle was fought between two shield walls : this was more fun

-I remember a sound from a previous version, where we heard the clash of swords against shields, that was very immersive, and I can't find it anymore

-Maybe add some travelling monks, or pagan priest parties on the world map, (and why not some monasteries in some places) could be fun and immersive, (and why not a gain/loose honor if you attack or defend them ...)

Adorno said:
You're using cheat. Be careful, the game becomes extremely boring!

If I'm cheating there's a problem with the menu.  I've never turned cheating on.  I discovered it on accident with the boat because I would ctrl+space to speed up the movement.

Suggestion: Make Bandits/Raider parties attack caravans again. True, they will be even weaker when the player encounters them this way, but the actual nuisance of raiders is that they tend to weaken the economy of towns by attacking caravans.

Well seems that you can't build a Wagon by yourself... Even after getting more men I still hasn't been built after 2 months of game time...

I got some weird bug that placed a clone of myself into my castle.

I had told my constable to train archers out of recruits and headed out to the field. Later I got a message that 4 recruits had been trained into Aldwulf. Went to take a look, and there was a copy of my character in the garrison, with the exact same equipment and all. He could also be found in the lord's hall, where he acted as a chamberlain, I guess. He can't be taken out of the garrisson or dismissed at the lord's hall. Moreover, I tried to change my equipment and name, both of which changes were reflected in the clone.
Any way to get rid of him, or am I stuck with two me's from now on?

I've been playing this mod for a few weeks now, I have to say that this is my favorite mod for Mount and Blade. However, I have noticed two bugs that I don't think have been discussed that much before.

First of all, I started playing this mod before version 1.21 was released. When I found out about 1.21, I installed the patch for it instead of doing a full installation since I already had a version of the game installed.

When I started playing (using the same save game I used before updating), some of the lords had transparent torsos, like this:
notorso.PNG
I tried starting a new save game, but it they still had missing torsos

After that, I tried doing a full install of 1.21. When I started playing after the full install, the lords' torsos were there, but they looked kind of strange:
weirdtorso.PNG
If this is how they're supposed to look, then never mind.

The other bug is one that I've noticed since I started playing this. Sometimes when I go on a 'bounty' mission (especially when it was given by a barkeeper), I'll talk to the person that I have to kill and there'll be two different dialog options that say "I am looking for a murderer by the name of (murder's name)..." instead of just one. And I after I kill him, the game doesn't always acknowledge that I've completed the quest and I have to go back to the village and kill him again.

One other thing. This isn't a bug, but I noticed that there is a lute next to the bard at Bebbanburh.
lute.PNG
Lutes didn't exist in Anglo-Saxon England, so in future versions of this mod you should probably either take it out completely or replace it with a harp or something.

The recruiting troops from diplomacy to your castle doesnt seem to be working when i used the cheat take castle.
I ask my constable to recruit troops, he tell me the cost and when it would normally ask how many my character says none.

Sometimes, in battles, I get a weird "freeze-up". The game keeps running. I hear the sounds in the back ground, but the screen seems to freeze up in two frames, switching back and forth between eachother. I know it's not my graohics-card, or a driver issue. Although it seems to happen from time to time in certain battlefields. Just when the armies clash.

Lokloklok said:
The recruiting troops from diplomacy to your castle doesnt seem to be working when i used the cheat take castle.
I ask my constable to recruit troops, he tell me the cost and when it would normally ask how many my character says none.

I have just taken my first castle the old fashioned way (that's without cheating) and I'm having the same problem. No matter where I request troops to be recruited, when asked how many I would like I reply "None".

Hmm, I built a supply wagon, put 4 deaisbard and 2 milites in it, oh and 3 spearman prisoners. Then changed my mind and got out of the menu to the world map again, so the troops returned to the main army. Only they did as 8 deaisbard and no milites :smile: still had the 3 spearmen prisoners though.
So I tried again and this time they became, although I still had 4 deaisbard, I also had 3 spearmen + 3 spearmen prisoners.
Is my supply wagon magic? :smile:
I had to try a few times more, I but 13 botach and the spearmen prisoners in the wagon. Nothing happens this time, they just return. So I add 13 botach and 4 deaisbard + spearmen prisoners. The deaisbards turn into 3 spearmen :smile:

Fun way to rearrange your army a bit :p

Wigbord said:
After that, I tried doing a full install of 1.21. When I started playing after the full install, the lords' torsos were there, but they looked kind of strange:
weirdtorso.PNG
If this is how they're supposed to look, then never mind.

This is the lamellar texture I think. It worked in previous versions, so I've now idea why it's turned so buggy now.

Graphical Error...
In the Village of Niwantune there is a Fenceline behind some buildings to the left of where you appear. It is located next to the Bounty Target for that village. There is a Dip in the Earth but the Fenceline remains solid and straight, floating over this dip...

Sadly can't produce image due to net being *****y...

I'd like to suggest a slight toning down of the number of raiders in Cantware, Laigin, and Desmumu.
I own all of Laigin's lands and the sheer number of raiders around (Outlaw Warriors, Scotos Raiders) means that my villagers can't make it to Cill Dara without me camping out in front of it with all my troops.

I tried hiring several large patrols and assigned them to either Cill Dara or Ard Ladhrann, where the raider concentrations are worst. Within days both of my patrols were defeated. I sent out even more patrols with some small elite forces in backup, then I went out and followed them around. Within a week I had only one remaining patrol, so I told them to reinforce my garrison rather than watch them futilely try to protect the peasants.

I've only ever seen two bandit camps, both of which I destroyed. It didn't change the number of raiders that spawn around.

Back
Top Bottom