Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
AI doesn't work in PW because the game sees it as a "deatchmatch", so they always attack each other. And everything else. From anywhere.

Dual wielding isn't in Warband due to technical restratints, although a 'shield' that only blocks melee attacks would be plausible.

Hmm but lonely AI enemies could work? Like bears? They could just attack everyone.

I mean something like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taUU_eiyj4s
I think that it could add nice new feeling to PW.

Another suggestion:
Ability to craft and destroy carts.
People sometimes place carts in strategical places in their castles so no-one can conquer their castles.

Ra'Jiska said:
Maybe adding different dificulties of lock picking for a door. Exemple in the map editing, if you put in the variable the number 1, it'll be easy to lock pick, var 2 medium and 3 hard.
If you check the scene editor value formats for pw_ doors, you'll see that there is no spare room to pack other values. It would be possible to add new door types with different lock picking resistance, but I don't really see the need: server hosters could tweak their module by downloading the same version of the module system and passing a new parameter throught the generator functions in module_scene_props (spr_teleport_door_triggers / spr_rotate_door_triggers) to the door opening scripts (cf_use_teleport_door / cf_use_rotate_door) and then to the probability parameter of the cf_agent_pick_lock script; then set different probabilities for different door scene props.
Byamarro said:
-Some PvE?
Maybe wolves or some creatures from medieval mythology for fantasy servers (goblins etc.).
No fantasy. I actually thought of wolves and bears for PW years ago, way back in version 2, but it would require a lot of work modeling, texturing, and rigging which I am not skilled at, and the scripts would need to be a lot more complicated and probably server intensive for believeable attack actions and reactions, compared with the existing animals which other people did most of the work creating then released freely, and which mainly just run away. I might be inclined to try if somebody else made a wolf or bear mesh to a decent standard, rigged believably to the M&B horse animation set.
Byamarro said:
-Parrying daggers
See the massive "dual wielding" thread in the Warband suggestions board. The general consensus being that the concept is pretty fantasy based, with limited possible use in a totally different historical period and fighting style. I think the basic M&B combat system is pretty good and balanced, not needing complication with extravagant or hacky extras.
Byamarro said:
-Poisoned arrows
Has been suggested very many times before: module system limitations (even with more recent enhancements) make implementing the feature impractical.
Splintert said:
AI doesn't work in PW because the game sees it as a "deatchmatch", so they always attack each other.
That can be worked around with the module system, as explained in the development sub board. The bots would still be dumb as rocks, though, and run into every wall, rock, and tree unless a scene AI mesh was created (the auto generator crashes withe large PW scenes, and it would add a massive proportion of scene making time to do manually).
Byamarro said:
Ability to craft and destroy carts.
People sometimes place carts in strategical places in their castles so no-one can conquer their castles.
Carts have a certain requirement for scene prop slots and triggers that don't work correctly with spawning and destruction, due to limitations and bugs in the game engine. It doesn't seem that carts could prevent castles from being captured, since other labouring troops could remove the carts, under protection if needed. Makeshift barriers made out of movable things like carts, stands, dead bodies, or whatever was handy were quite common in medieval warfare, even though the PW representation might not be perfectly suitable.

Would it be possible to implement something so only engineers(or maybe other certain classes) can break down castle gates using a certain weapon. Or only faction members who are at war with the faction the gates belong to can damage it.

Right now it's tedious repairing gates if random people go up to it and attack it all the time. Plus (I think) you can only actually repair them once they're broken.
Also those gates don't present much of a defence.

No idea if this is possible, since the server would propably have to check whether the above mentioned criteria are met with each hit. Just a thought.

Edit: Alternatively would it be possible to increase the damage resistance so only classes like seargant or man at arms do damage and classes like footman only a small amount and down from there basicly nothing.

Av3ng3r said:
Would it be possible to implement something so only engineers(or maybe other certain classes) can break down castle gates using a certain weapon. Or only faction members who are at war with the faction the gates belong to can damage it.
I don't like "gamey" immersion breaking features like making things invincible unless war is declared (which in PW is the default state for every faction relation, except where both lords want peace).
Av3ng3r said:
Right now it's tedious repairing gates if random people go up to it and attack it all the time.
The suitable response in game would be to guard the castle to catch the trouble makers, then kill or otherwise make an example of them.
Av3ng3r said:
Plus (I think) you can only actually repair them once they're broken.
Wrong: you can repair destroyed or open doors or gates, just not closed ones (you'd need to access both sides, the edges, and the hinges for proper repair). As hospes fori also just said.
Av3ng3r said:
Alternatively would it be possible to increase the damage resistance so only classes like seargant or man at arms do damage and classes like footman only a small amount and down from there basicly nothing.
Destroying a gate (maybe under fire) seems most appropriate for the grunt combat troops like footmen, not particularly the valuable knights on horseback. As it is, weapons with the "bonus against shields" attribute (axes) do double damage to wooden structures like doors, walls, or bridges.
Byamarro said:
I will be able to help with textures and normal/specular mapping. I would want PW to evolve. If You will need in future texture artist I can help.
Thanks for the offer, but texturing would need to work in with a skilled modeler, which I am not. As explained in the first post, PW is focused mainly on code rather than new art, suitable to my skills.

You have texturer now (and optionally concept art drawer). It'll take some time, but I'm sure that after some time modeller will join too :wink:

I'm in Bluehell Productions staff so i can talk with some people to join. We have texturers, modellers, animators, riggers, music composers... Too many to mention

Byamarro said:
You have texturer now (and optionally concept art drawer). It'll take some time, but I'm sure that after some time modeller will join too
Whoa, you are jumping to conclusions: PW does not have a big "development team" structure you can join up to or invite others, and even if it did, I barely know anything about you. I live in a very different time zone than most other people (UTC+12), and just work on things in my limited spare time (which is less these days); there have been other contributors that have offered specific things like object meshes or loading screens, some of which were accepted, some which were declined, on a case by case basis.

If you want to join an organised development team working on a PW like mod, you could make an offer to one of the sub mods (listed in the Warband mods under development board), or you could start a new one of your own: the PW module system has been publicly released subject to certain conditions, explained in the main post of the PW mod development sub board.

Vornne said:
Byamarro said:
You have texturer now (and optionally concept art drawer). It'll take some time, but I'm sure that after some time modeller will join too
Whoa, you are jumping to conclusions: PW does not have a big "development team" structure you can join up to or invite others, and even if it did, I barely know anything about you. I live in a very different time zone than most other people (UTC+12), and just work on things in my limited spare time (which is less these days); there have been other contributors that have offered specific things like object meshes or loading screens, some of which were accepted, some which were declined, on a case by case basis.

If you want to join an organised development team working on a PW like mod, you could make an offer to one of the sub mods (listed in the Warband mods under development board), or you could start a new one of your own: the PW module system has been publicly released subject to certain conditions, explained in the main post of the PW mod development sub board.
I wanted to join PW cuz it's official version and most servers and players have just "native PW". Time difference should not disturb work so much. As I'm artist, like modellers etc. so we would not need to close co-operation with You. We would need to talk only about general stuff like:

-I sketched this today. It's weapon used in medieval europe in early medieval. We could do it. My friend could model it. I could texture it. And next my friend could rig it. Would You want to add this weapon to PW mod?
-Yes
-You will get finished modell with rig and textures.

Byamarro said:
-I sketched this today. It's weapon used in medieval europe in early medieval. We could do it. My friend could model it. I could texture it. And next my friend could rig it. Would You want to add this weapon to PW mod?
-Yes
-You will get finished modell with rig and textures.
Hmm... as explained in the first post of this thread, PW is focused on being a new MP game mode based on scripting, using the Warband resources, rather than on many new items or a new setting. You can post or send me proposed items, as other people have done, but I would expect quite a high standard of quality (similar to existing Warband meshes) unless it was something necessary for a planned feature.

Other people have expressed interest in the past about making variants of PW (sub mods) that use a different setting or add many items, so you might be able to find people to join with; I have little interest in that type of thing, for various reasons. If you don't get carried away with trying to change major scripted features of the mod, just add or replace items and troops, it should be quite easy to make a sub mod - just remember to read and follow the usage conditions. If you do a good job and add things that players enjoy, no doubt there would be people willing to host your mod.

The boat hitpoints bar doesn't update until you hit it while looking at it. I think the chest's HP bar is similar. Is there any way to use a similar system with the money inside of chests, where the update is only sent upon looking at it, for the HP bars of ships and chests?

I've been getting some weird problems on the Nexus server recently concerning graphics and just wondered if anyone knew the reason. I've never had this problem with PW before and don't have it on any other mods that i play for warband. It crops up occasionally as i turn around especially when looking in one direction. I assume this means i've had problems loading a certain texture but i'm not sure what?

Any suggestions or ideas?

2013_05_07_00001.jpg

2013_05_07_00002.jpg

I have just started Persistent World,and I must say I quite enjoy it...but I keep getting disconnected everytime I join a server...
Can anyone help?

Imperivm said:
I have just started Persistent World,and I must say I quite enjoy it...but I keep getting disconnected everytime I join a server...
Can anyone help?

Might be either your computer can't handle the load of all the players spawning or your ping is so high your getting booted. I used to have trouble spawning during line-battles but i found it helps to "lookup" at the sky before everyone spawns to ease the load. Course the other thing you can do is play in direct ex 7. As for the potential net problems i can't say if that's a problem but might be worth looking into.

Dunno if any of that helps but might be one of those.

Splintert said:
The boat hitpoints bar doesn't update until you hit it while looking at it. I think the chest's HP bar is similar. Is there any way to use a similar system with the money inside of chests, where the update is only sent upon looking at it, for the HP bars of ships and chests?
The hit points bar is entirely hard coded, so the only way would be to disable it and write a totally new presentation with custom network messages: it's not obvious how efficient that would be compared with the hard coded network updates. I have been aware of it since before alpha1; it has been on the todo list and an implementation started on before, but hasn't seemed important enough or definitely beneficial. I might get around to looking at it again some time, though.
AxiosXiphos said:
I've been getting some weird problems on the Nexus server recently
That server uses a tweaked module, so the owners might be responsible for any bugs that happen on it, especially if they don't happen on other servers running the official version.

Back
Top Bottom