Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Scorpia that's bs, the board shield covers the whole body, kite shields cover most of the body as do heater shield and round shields, which a huscarl shield is, has the feet and lower legs exposed.

Also it's more around 400 and board shields have around 500.

Please get your facts right.

Also steel shields would be considered op as they have the most defence around 600 and around 14 resistance, if not more.

Huscarl shields couns be made to act like board shields to balance them out to stop then being used on horseback.

Splintert said:
The automatic drawbridge would prevent players from stacking a team, when one gets too many, it would close the training room or something.
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem workable: players could still easily stack "teams" (whether accidental or intentional) by simply joining while previous members are disconnected then staying on when they rejoin; the basic design of this game mode conflicts with having two generic teams that players are swapped between to try make them even.
Aldric said:
In wooden place ( the blacksmith is stone material ) or outside ( because of the large  chimney with a invisible back. )
Even in a wooden building it would make no sense to have a forge or furnace also made out of wood, so stone is fitting. The invisible back not being usable outside would require a variant forge modelled, rather than encouraging scene makers to slap forges in all sorts of nonsensical places (there seems to be a tendency to place too many in scenes as it is).
The Bowman said:
First I wanna understand why the Leather Vest, such an awesome armour was turned heraldic? It was very usable as both neutral and factional, since it represents the Khergits, and the Vaegirs, but it truly makes me avoid it just because of the heraldics. I notice that the other leather variants remained clean, such as Leather Jerkin|Armour, so I cannot understand the decision.
One reason was probably that the texture layout is suitable for a heraldic banner (the leather jerkin padded leather aren't, at least - the banner area is mirrored); the other reason was likely that I wanted a decent range of heraldic types. The resulting armor look is not my favourite, but will not be removed; the most that can be done is renaming the current item to "Heraldic Leather Vest" and adding another plain item with stockpile.
The Bowman said:
Aketon: There's a tiny bug. The banner is printed directly on it, which makes you see a rectangle (the banner itself). I suggest to just use the faction color.
Incorrect: it's the same as every other type of heraldic armor. The "Aketon" variant is one of my favourites, so will not be changed to just color.
The Bowman said:
Another thing that itches a lot of players, including myself, is that ranged classes can use ridiculously good armours. On strength, they are equivalent to footmen - a thing I cannot understand.
Incorrect, as explained.
The Bowman said:
All I can see now are crossbowmen and archers wearing Mail with Surcoats and Mail Hauberks. Instead, in Native SP the top armours a ranged troop can have are Byrnie, Haubergeon, Mail Shirt, Lamellar Vest, Arabian Armour, Arena Armour and Studded Leather Coats. Really, thing needs a change, both on the archer's strength and clothing requirements.
Archers probably use that armor because it is the highest protection available to them; but the "Surcoat over Mail" and "Mail Hauberk" are only slightly better protection than the "Byrnie", "Haubergeon", "Mail Shirt", or "Lamellar Vest" of your example: 43 and 42 compared to 39, 41, 39, 40 respectively. Maybe those three armors you mentioned could be bumped up into the 15 strength bracket, depending on other opinions posted here. On the other hand, the two "Surcoat over Mail" variants being available allows all top tier troops to use some sort of heraldic armor for maximum protection, which might be the original reason (a good one, in my opinion).
The Bowman said:
Give the lords an option to allow some of the members to write faction announcements. It would be very useful, because usually we have someone who is the second in command.
Hmm, maybe: not very difficult to do, just time consuming.
Scorpia said:
hirovard said:
Vornne could you add in huscarls shields?
Huscarl shields are wayy to OP they have 500 deflect or defense, whatever you want to call it. While other shields have around 300. Plus it surrounds the hole body leaving no good spot to shoot at.
The huscarl shield was intentionally left out of PW by Laszlo for similar reasons. In Native, the hit points are 410 compared to 550 for the heavy board shield, but the resistance is 19 compared to 14 (a more important stat - only smaller shields like the knightly heater shield have the same or more); also, it has a shield width of 50 compared to 43 for the board shields, and the round shield animation holds it up high completely covering the more vulnerable head (foot shots, which the board shield covers, are much less damaging). I guess it could be included with the stats reduced to be basically just a slightly better version of the existing heavy round shield.

Steel shields are much smaller and slower.

Them having the stats jiggled around to being a little better than a heavy round shield would be perfect, but I would request them being unable to be used on horse back

I don't know if you already plan on fixing this but there's a bug that forces you to destroy a gate/door before you can repair it. hitting it with a repair hammer and wood blocks as an engineer just damages it even more.

TDC_Overlord said:
I don't know if you already plan on fixing this but there's a bug that forces you to destroy a gate/door before you can repair it. hitting it with a repair hammer and wood blocks as an engineer just damages it even more.
Not a bug, but intentional: prevents "build fights" where engineers on one side are trying to repair it while attackers on the other side are destroying it. If there is nobody attacking, open the door and then repair it (while left open).

For some reason when i download beta 5 and extract it into my modules folder it doesn't seem to have worked. In the past i download the file, extract it and a new file is created which is the link i click to play through the steam launcher. Now, however, there is no new link in the steam launcher, just beta 4. Is it wrong that the beta 5 file is being downloaded into the beta 4 one and having no effect?

I have tried deleting the beta 4 files and just using the downloaded beta 5 file but then the file seems to disappear entirely.

Can someone please tell me exactly what to do with the downloaded beta 5 file, perhaps a different perspective will solve the issue!

Seb9193 said:
For some reason when i download beta 5 and extract it into my modules folder it doesn't seem to have worked. In the past i download the file, extract it and a new file is created which is the link i click to play through the steam launcher. Now, however, there is no new link in the steam launcher, just beta 4. Is it wrong that the beta 5 file is being downloaded into the beta 4 one and having no effect?

I have tried deleting the beta 4 files and just using the downloaded beta 5 file but then the file seems to disappear entirely.

Can someone please tell me exactly what to do with the downloaded beta 5 file, perhaps a different perspective will solve the issue!

1. Download PW beta5.
2. Extract it in mount & blade warband/modules/
3. Start up warband
4. Choose PW beta 5
5. Press play
6. ????
7. Profit.

Maybe i didn't make myself clear. When i download beta 5 and extract it into modules file and load up the steam launcher. It isn't there, only beta 4. The file seems to be within beta 4, if i take it out and make it it's own file. It isn't recognized in the steam launcher.

Seb9193 said:
Maybe i didn't make myself clear. When i download beta 5 and extract it into modules file and load up the steam launcher. It isn't there, only beta 4. The file seems to be within beta 4, if i take it out and make it it's own file. It isn't recognized in the steam launcher.

Delete beta 4 folder and put then beta 5

I tried this, talked about it in my first post. I deleting beta 4 and pasting in beta 5 but on the steam launcher there is no beta 4 or 5

Back
Top Bottom