Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
How bad could suits of armor be? The wood blocks are just as weird. It'd be better if you just sized down the armor to look as though it'd fit an MnB child.
That would be much worse, requiring me to resize every piece of armor in the game and include it in the mod, so no. I don't agree that the wood blocks look just as bad; they aren't perfect, but they can be adjusted to a somewhat plausible position, unlike armor meshes. The other objections still remain, anyway.

Making the engineer more usefull! Collection of ideas that might make being a engineer more usefull

Extended inventory
More room for items and the likes. This should mainly be for serfs and for Engineers. This could be based of a weight system. Could use the same interface as the carts have. accessible via the submenu.

Craftable armour
This must have been requested before right? Is there a reason this can not be done? I know it's not realistic to use wood and iron for cloth clothing, but would be more interesting in my opinion, but offcourse this could be implemented after more resources are implemented if at all.

crafting workbench.
A engineer could built all the items in the world from this workbench (using the sub-menu that is now in-game) so there would be no need to go to the items. The items itself would be put in the inventory after crafting. This means the engineer can create the items at his workplace and full up the a cart so he or a trader can go around selling them personally or deliver them as agreed  upon before the engineer started crafting or the engineer could simply fill up the factions chest with items that faction normally would no own or simply as a stock.

Learning
The engineer starts with a set amount of items he can craft (default things like pick axe and basic weapons armour) and need to go to the keep to study how to make the weapons and armour in the keep.

Inventory Management (for factions)
It would be great if the lord could set buy and sell prices for items and set a minimum and maximum (raising/lowering the prices with a x% if they are under or above this amount). This might encourage people to trade items (getting or cheaply and selling it for a higher price)

-------------------
I know some off these ideas might not work or are just to consuming like setting prices for the items. Having an inventory + having the crafter items appear in there would already be great and make it easier for the traders to get the item and see if he can manually sell it to someone else or fill up a cart with items from his keep.

Simply being able to pick up weapons you can not use just so you can put them into a cart would already be helpfull so you can get items at a certain place and sell them somewhere else. If a faction owns the keep(s) that has crossbows they could exploit this by selling the crossbows using a cart and set price. Same for other weapons. 

Redus said:
Extended inventory
More room for items and the likes. This should mainly be for serfs and for Engineers. This could be based of a weight system. Could use the same interface as the carts have. accessible via the submenu.
It could not be by the same system, as agents are quite different to scene props; I think the 4 equipment slots are quite enough for items on your body already, and I do not want to mess up the already hugely complicated inventory system with another thing for agents - it's probably at least a thousand lines of non repetitive code.
Redus said:
Craftable armour
This must have been requested before right? Is there a reason this can not be done? I know it's not realistic to use wood and iron for cloth clothing, but would be more interesting in my opinion, but offcourse this could be implemented after more resources are implemented if at all.
Extremely obvious, has always been planned right from the start, and just a matter of when sensible basic resources are added. I have intentionally only made weapons crafted for the early releases to introduce it gradually, and since weapons are easier to store, transfer, and recover.
Redus said:
crafting workbench.
A engineer could built all the items in the world from this workbench (using the sub-menu that is now in-game) so there would be no need to go to the items. The items itself would be put in the inventory after crafting. This means the engineer can create the items at his workplace and full up the a cart so he or a trader can go around selling them personally or deliver them as agreed  upon before the engineer started crafting or the engineer could simply fill up the factions chest with items that faction normally would no own or simply as a stock.
No, that would go against part of the basic design of PW: the scene maker can decide which items can be crafted, where, the cost, and which castle benefits from a "tax" percentage.
Redus said:
Learning
The engineer starts with a set amount of items he can craft (default things like pick axe and basic weapons armour) and need to go to the keep to study how to make the weapons and armour in the keep.
Already implemented in another way: start off as serf which can process wood and make a few very simple things, then train as craftsman which can also process iron and craft some additional basic weapons, and then progress to engineer to craft the most powerful and expensive weapons.
Redus said:
Inventory Management (for factions)
It would be great if the lord could set buy and sell prices for items and set a minimum and maximum (raising/lowering the prices with a x% if they are under or above this amount). This might encourage people to trade items (getting or cheaply and selling it for a higher price)
That sounds complicated - and what's to stop the lord simply setting massively high prices just before they sell something at their own stockpile? As it is, the scene maker can design each castle with different prices for weapons or resources, then the lords can fight to control the castle with the best prices for the item they want to trade in, and then try encourage other people to bring cart loads to trade. Players can also trade items directly with other players using money bags for whatever price they want, and probably have fun role playing at the same time. Balanced "mirror image" scenes might be popular and common, but personally I don't like them.
Redus said:
Simply being able to pick up weapons you can not use just so you can put them into a cart would already be helpfull so you can get items at a certain place and sell them somewhere else.
Sorry, not possible; you'd just have to take a footman along to gather the heavy weapons and armor.
Serious Soldier said:
When i go to loot a body (i am standing on top of it) of armour or anything it says no bodies in range
It is probably one of: more than 30 seconds since they died (so the agent is removed), the armor was looted already (the visible corpse mesh isn't and can't be updated), or you are trying to loot an armor piece that body doesn't have. You can check if the body is still there and make sure you loot the right one by using the "select target" key, which you should change in options to something easier to press than F12 (the default for native "quick save").

I noticed that sometimes fully broken chests are still locked. The hit point bar is all empty, you can hear the other sound when you hit the chest (like it is already broken) and the chest is still locked.

And it would be nice if there were different keys for the money and item chests.

Vornne said:
CalenLoki said:
Small idea - could commoner props (training, buying/exporting/ect.) send taxes to nearest commoner chest?
With that addition (that I think is simple - just check for nearest prop at scene loading) I could create mini-game "town owners vs. thiefs":
place some chests around the town (one in training house, one on item marketplace, one at goods merchant, one in nearby village), locked by faction that own town. Now town owners need to send "tax collector" from time to time, while thieves (or riders) can try to steal by opening doors with lockpick or just destroying it.
There is no such thing as a "commoner chest" (or outlaw for that matter): when you set the var1 to 0, it means an unlocked chest that nobody owns by game rules, simply for anyone to use who wants to try guarding it. To repeat myself: commoners and outlaws are not factions, they are simply loose categories for any players who don't want to group together with other players. So you should never design a scene with a "commoner town" or them "owning" anything, as the game treats props assigned to them as unowned; if you want to have make an organisation for "common people" use a proper faction. This is the medieval age, where you don't have an overall government and police to enforce private property for everyone: the rich and powerful have armed followers to protect their stuff, but poor people just try to hide it or get it stolen.
By commoner I mean "owned by no faction". And my point is - auto tax from buy/export/train props "owned by no faction" should go to the nearest chest, also "owned by no faction". That is to create places (villages, town districts) that can't be captured (no defence) but generate income time, and can be emptied by anyone who manage to use them in the right time (either by guarding it all the time to prevent others from robbing, or just visiting it from time to time to take money).
Here's example of my town, owned by proper faction, but with income from shops spread around the town, in locked houses:
commonerschests.jpg
As you can see, chests in town belongs to faction. But because town is most profitable place on the map, they don't get money automatically delivered to they castle treasury, but they need to did it manually + they need to prevent others from stealing it.
CalenLoki said:
Some thoughts about armour looting - current system is quite nice, but IMO better would be if killed player drop armour as items that can be picked up like weapons. That item would equip armour to player when he swings with it (like money bags gives you gold) and unequip current armour as item.
Armor items can't be picked up from the ground, so this would require duplicating every single one as a weapon item and keeping everything updated, which I thought about when developing but decided against - it would also look very stupid for characters to wave stiff suits of armor around by the hand. I also think that if armor was dropped for a longer period of time there would be too much free armor floating around: the game always lets you loot armor even though in reality often it would be too damaged to use, so you could think of the situation in this way: if someone wants to loot armor off an enemy, they might be careful not to damage it and retrieve it right after death, but if they bashed the armor up when killing and walked away, it would probably be too damaged; it's not totally realistic, but the end result seems to match well enough. The current agent based system uses practically no extra server resources, as the data is stored by the game engine already; the distance checks are mostly done on the player's client rather than the server, which makes only one check to ensure the selected body is in range. That you need to have a cart with you to carry extra suits of armor seems realistic; they are much more bulky and awkward than any of the weapons.
About waving armours - all of them (body armours) could just use single mesh - pack of fur (oslt) so it wouldn't look that bad.
About too much armours floating around - we have carts and looters. give them some coins for selling any item, and they'll clean them all
About damaging armour - maybe % chance of dropping each armour part? 50%
Current system isn't that bad, but I don't like wasting, and any armour change (buying/looting) or death on the begining of battle is removing armour from game.
CalenLoki said:
Idea about starting items spam - already posted by someone: trash bin. Give 20% of item value, great for town cleaners. Especially useful if we get above suggestion implemented.
Any system for getting money from spawn items is just giving it away for free, ruining other designed ways to get it. A trash bin that simply removes items seems reasonable, and would take care of starting items if they are a problem.
Starting equipment is cheap, so 20% will be about 10-20 denars - imo good payment for someone who spent his time to clean area. And it won't be abused, because it's less profitable than any other earning system (even sticks).
CalenLoki said:
Some thoughts about carts - they're awesome! but so many of them get stuck in props, and can't be retrieved. Any chance for "reset nearest cart" ability for admins?
Where would the cart be reset to? The original position might be where another player is standing, so they get flung away and killed. I presume you mean that someone intentionally griefing by rotating the cart inside a wall, detaches with the action menu, and then nobody can target it any more? I could maybe add an "attach nearest cart in range" action.
rotating cart into prop an killing horse to be precise - otherwise it would be possible to retrieve it. Or riding hand cart into teleport doors. Both examples can be seen on RCC right now (town mine entrance and opposite side of the map - ruined windmill)

u should make a manhunter faction permanent so they will keep trouble in order and hep town guard but this would have to work with some organisation with a members only thing but it could be so u can elect a lord almost to kick the rdm guys out

Osviux said:
I noticed that sometimes fully broken chests are still locked. The hit point bar is all empty, you can hear the other sound when you hit the chest (like it is already broken) and the chest is still locked.
This happened because a holder of the chest key (faction lord or somebody selected by them) used the chest after it was destroyed, relocking it, and then you can't unlock it because it is already destroyed. I fixed it in the development version by only relocking the chest after use by a key holder only if it is not destroyed (the relocking thing is designed for when the lock was picked rather than the chest was smashed).
Osviux said:
And it would be nice if there were different keys for the money and item chests.
That could be done.
CalenLoki said:
By commoner I mean "owned by no faction". And my point is - auto tax from buy/export/train props "owned by no faction" should go to the nearest chest, also "owned by no faction". That is to create places (villages, town districts) that can't be captured (no defence) but generate income time, and can be emptied by anyone who manage to use them in the right time (either by guarding it all the time to prevent others from robbing, or just visiting it from time to time to take money).
Here's example of my town, owned by proper faction, but with income from shops spread around the town, in locked houses:
commonerschests.jpg
As you can see, chests in town belongs to faction. But because town is most profitable place on the map, they don't get money automatically delivered to they castle treasury, but they need to did it manually + they need to prevent others from stealing it.
The problem is that would be a compatibility breaking change, with every item stockpile with var1 = 0 searching for the closest money chest somewhere in the scene, which might be totally unrelated; var2 is already taken so can't be used for a flag. In the end I suspect most players would simply get used to buying the item and then taking the tax out of the nearby unattended chest right afterwards, and if someone was trying to protect it they might just fight; you could get a similar effect by making an enclosed space for the stockpiles with one entry, then whoever wants to gather a tax can force people to pay before allowing them in. PW 4 is focused around factions rather than solo play, which often makes the scripts and design much easier.
CalenLoki said:
About waving armours - all of them (body armours) could just use single mesh - pack of fur (oslt) so it wouldn't look that bad.
About too much armours floating around - we have carts and looters. give them some coins for selling any item, and they'll clean them all
About damaging armour - maybe % chance of dropping each armour part? 50%
Current system isn't that bad, but I don't like wasting, and any armour change (buying/looting) or death on the begining of battle is removing armour from game.
In my opinion using the same mesh for everything would look bad compared to viewing the actual mesh on the corpse, and the other objections still remain.
CalenLoki said:
Starting equipment is cheap, so 20% will be about 10-20 denars - imo good payment for someone who spent his time to clean area. And it won't be abused, because it's less profitable than any other earning system (even sticks).
How profitable it is depends on variable things like how close the spawn is to the bin, the value of the starting equipment, and so on; a "sell anything" feature would be a very blunt instrument that could muck up a lot of other things in unintended ways, so I'm not adding it.

Idk If this sounds stupid, but, anyways.

When U start of, u outomatically start out as the commoner faction, but commoner of wat?
Because if ur a commoner than ud have to be part of  a faction with a lord or somthing.
So I just think it would be more realistic to start out as an Adventurer or travaler or somthing.

Sorry if it sounds stupid or usless, I dont mean any offence. I was just thinking, and that little detail came. I mean, u might have a reseon for calling them commoners. XD lol

I have a few suggestions.

1. For Factions have a wealth/power system showing how much Wealth Resources and Military Power they currently have or something along those lines.

2. Vassalage allow Faction leaders to give people vassalage.

3. Farms let the serfs be able to build different types of farms and harvest the crops from them for wealth.

4. Give factions lords the option to Tax his faction.

Will update with more later.

TNT said:
When U start of, u outomatically start out as the commoner faction, but commoner of wat?
Because if ur a commoner than ud have to be part of  a faction with a lord or somthing.
So I just think it would be more realistic to start out as an Adventurer or travaler or somthing.

Sorry if it sounds stupid or usless, I dont mean any offence. I was just thinking, and that little detail came. I mean, u might have a reseon for calling them commoners. XD lol
I now know in retrospect the name was not appropriate, but it's far too late now to change it without confusion. Quite a lot of people don't seem to understand what you pointed out: that "commoners" really just means "unaligned" and that it is intended that there be "common people" like serfs and merchants in the castle owning factions.
Splintert said:
Perhaps a scene prop setting to make it so faction doors can or don't have to require keys?
Pointless: the only meaning of associating a door with a castle is to lock it for the owning faction, so if you don't want it locked, set var1 to 0.
Infamy said:
1. For Factions have a wealth/power system showing how much Wealth Resources and Military Power they currently have or something along those lines.
I have thought of that before, but it would be complicated to implement, needing to run expensive checks on the server and then update the information to clients with network messages, and it seems most players of PW aren't really doing it to "win the whole game" according to some sort of fixed mod rules - I don't think the victory condition is used by any servers - so it doesn't seem worthwhile.
Infamy said:
2. Vassalage allow Faction leaders to give people vassalage.
4. Give factions lords the option to Tax his faction.
I think these are better represented by using the currently available systems: vassalage agreements could be very complicated, but have little to do with the game mechanics the mod enforces, so faction leaders should just make agreements in chat and then keep or break them as they see fit (the hostile relationship setting affects something quite important: that everyone can easily see if a faction member is being a trouble maker killing friendlies, and will be outlawed if they do too much slaying in a short time). Taxing can be done by gathering the members and then commanding they give money bags; if they decline, kick from the faction then chase away or kill them. PW is designed more for player interaction than automatic systems.
Infamy said:
3. Farms let the serfs be able to build different types of farms and harvest the crops from them for wealth.
A very common suggestion, which is why it is addressed in the first post here (which should be read before posting).

Splintert said:
But if var1 is set to 0, commoners and outlaws can enter. I'm suggesting a way to make unlocked faction doors that don't require faction keys to open.
Um, unlocked doors don't require faction keys as it is. I guess what you mean is doors that are locked for everyone except players in the owning faction whether they have the door key or not, as it was in the older versions? That would be confusing and inconsistent, as the teleport doors don't have space for a flag, only the rotating ones.

The purpose of faction keys was so lords would likely be less worried about letting random people join, since they could select only moderately trusted people to open doors, and only very trusted people to withdraw money from the castle chest. I guess giving back door keys after a player crashes might be a bit annoying, but I left it simpler for the stats saving code since giving keys is easy, and the faction might have changed quite a bit in the time disconnected - having a faction member from the previous day join with chest key permissions and steal money seems much more annoying than having to give keys back.

Suggestion:

Make a outlaw chat please. it's really hard to gather all other outlaws.

2) Why make ruffin strength decrease to 14? Outlaws are already like the worse class in the game already. (Feel the pain of outlaws)

ElaineLung said:
Suggestion:

Make a outlaw chat please. it's really hard to gather all other outlaws.

2) Why make ruffin strength decrease to 14? Outlaws are already like the worse class in the game already. (Feel the pain of outlaws)

I'm in a good mood today, but normally I would have used some magic words dedicated to your complains.

1. The outlaws aren't a normal faction and conceptually they aren't supposed to be an organised, competitive mob.
2. Realistically you wouldn't see full-plated-bandits running around like "im cool, bro". And I repeat: they shouldn't compete with normal factions.

Back
Top Bottom