Bug Reports and Known Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a prerequisite for starting a siege? I have the Swadians and Nords hating me (-50 each,) and I still can't start the siege.. I get the "disguise yourself and attempt to sneak in" message, but not siege..

Oh.. I did get it to start the siege once, started to build ladders then when they were ready, they sallied out. I killed them all. Fine. The menu came back up without the attack now message.. So I abandoned the siege and tried again. No siege message at all this time.

Any advice?

>Edit<
I only edited the companions names. Like I always do. I checked with a fresh install just to be sure, same issue.

Ohh I think I may have found a bug either with Native or this game.

If you're defending a castle and get knocked out and press retreat after that, you get the typical wounded screen but after that screen, you get another siege menu like before that asks you to help defend the garrison. And volia, you instantly have 100% Hp once again without any rest between battles.

And apparently you can stop sieges entirely if you are losing the castle during a defend battle. Just retreat and it should put you at the typical approaching a castle menu and if you choose to wait at the castle, the attacks refuse to attack it completely and may withdraw all together for another castle. It happens to me like 3 times playing as the Rhods vassal, twice on that castle that starts with an I near Yalen and another in culmarr. Beats me if this is a Native bug or an expansion bug or if its a bug in general. Just putting it out there

Jenbu: couldn't tell you, if you reinstall and still get that message, then it sounds like something IS affecting your file and maybe you do have a virus.  Try submitting it to http://www.virustotal.com/ and see what it says.  But honestly I have no clue.

Leona: Shield textures are not changed.  If you're still running .544 then you can keep doing so without worry, you just don't get the new added features.  If you're running .550 then I strongly recommend you move to .570.  All .550 games are broken.  You just may not have realized it yet, but you will eventually encounter a horrible bug.

Stylus: Sounds like you're suffering the bug that was fixed in .560.  You'll want to update to .570 and start a new game anyway so it's kind of moot, but have the Dark Knights invade immediately, and see if you still have that problem after the invasion.

Tismanu: I'll double check on the 100% HP, but everything else is exactly as from Native.  If you have enough troops to not be a total defeat then it forces the end of the siege and the AI has a chance to change its mind about having the siege if it lost too many troops.  If you start the battle and immediately retreat without any losses on either side the AI should decide it still wants to siege, but something more important might come up, you never know.  The AI is a fickle thing.

Just a very small thingy

Elite Kathaprakthos wields Ivory Bows but they do not have the skills necessary to use them.

Might be fortunate, Horse Archers with Ivory Bows! :shock:

Maybe a thing to fix, maybe not:  my character upgraded to athletics 9, but I can't really see any *discernable* difference in running speed - enemies still catch me when I run away.  Thanks,

Ben

Hmm probably a fickle AI, queen kat was sitting outside my gate for a day before she said screw you and rode away from the castle. *Shrugs.*

But I don't know, I mean if you retreat from a castle, it should let the AI whose siegeing the castle win or at least let the AI's fight it out without your interference. Otherwise you can cheat by basically having the defenders empty out all their bolts and arrows, retreat and re engage the battle to whittle down the attackers.

Edit: Here's an interesting question. I somehow can not find alyssa in any of the tavern now....weird.

Playing latest version, .570. When the only food you have in your inventory is hardtack, you get the -30 morale for not having food, yet you do not get a warning on the map screen.

Also, one of the spiked maces is spelled "spiked mace" rather than with capitals like the rest of the weapon names. Should be 'Spiked Mace."  Just a little OCD nitpicking there. :smile:  (come to think of it, it might be spiked club, not mace.)

Its a good  feature that you can access your inventory and party screen when you encounter a foe's party.
but that does not happen when, in the campaign map, you raid (or rush. I don't remember) on the help of your allie.

That last phrase was terribly spelled, excuse my english.

Heh, Jinanni, you made a little boo boo when you fixed the player clone bug. Alyssa/Mellisa is no longer in the game. :O

Wanted to be sure of this so I ported around to each town and checked every room of the tavern. No where to be found. :sad:

Oops

Yep I'm on day 40 and she still just isn't there. I found the other 3 in one tavern but I've checked everywhere. Can't see her. I may have saw her in the beginning but shes no longer in the game. Weird o_O

Just a short question concerning bug:

Is there still this bug which gives your opponents the same shield skill as you have? Or can I level the skill above 0 without having disatvantages?  :wink:

Playing on 0.570 found some bugs. Sometimes invisible parties join the battle, looters_sp, prison train and so on. Once i even captured a unit called unarmed troop or something. He was treated like a lord, health % etc, plus i could not sell him away, so i put him to my castle prison once i captured one. Now im just hoping he will escape, cause i cant even let him free.

Most gamebreaking bug for me is now that i cannot access my camp screen. When i try to access camp, game just crashes to desktop. i used to be able to access that screen, but i dont know exactly when it started to crash my game. I first noticed it right after i took my first castle from swadians.

Im using more metal sounds 1.5 and panoramic 2.0, but those cant be responsible for crashes, or can they?

Anyways keep up the good work with this mod :smile:

I also had the situation where a prisoner train joined a battle on my side. I was fairly close to a village, and what was odd, when the battle was over, the prisoner train entered the village and dissappeared.

The prisoner train from what I can tell could be a caravan. I fought like 4 battles with crusaders near a caravan and I think I noticed 2 maybe 3 time getting "Prisoner train has joined the enemy." I can't say for sure though cause I still have a weird Alyssa is missing bug even though I started a new game.

Edit: Oh btw, the new camera is causing a bug slightly. After you get knocked out and look around the map while your troops still fight, if its one of those battles where it requires successive fighting between the armys because its too big, once the next round comes in, you respawn with 100% HP instead of getting the feature of having your troops finish the battle without you. Its a good bug in that you don't have to rely on the autocalc but its a bug none the less.

Been playing for a while now and I haven't noticed any bugs.

Well, when I ask my Master Spy about potential lords for my faction he refers to people from a faction called the "Commoners".

They have the same name as the Dark Knights but they do not appear on the map since I turned it off. I guess they're still there somehow and since they do not own any castles, the Spy thinks of them as good candidates. Not a real problem though.

Tismanu: She's still in.  You just haven't found her yet is all I can say.  As for the HP bug you're reporting, I can't seem to duplicate that... I've tried activating and not activating the camera, I've tried open field battles and sieges, I just can't get it to give me 100% health like you describe... Is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Shawyn: Thanks for pointing that out, was easy enough to fix, so it'll be corrected in the next patch.

ollijo: I have no idea why the camp menu is causing your game to crash, but this is the first I've heard of that, so there might be something else wrong with your install.  Don't know what else to tell you.

Adrius: Thanks for pointing that out, I completely overlooked that.

The "invisible parties" joining battles are probably happening near villages, castles, or towns.  They're parties that are in those centers coming out to help.  I made sure the garrisons to the towns and castles don't come out to help, but there were some party types that have no identifier flags to look for so I skipped them.  I'll work on sorting them better for the next patch.

No answer for Joker?  :cry:

Edit: to make the post less spammy:

In a battle against 67 black knights (in fact the last part of an enormous battle with over 1100 men) I called for reinfocements immediatly after spawning. Due to my battle sizer (200) I got some reinforcements, while the enemy already had the his whole force on the map. And then it began to stutter like most players experience in forrest/mountain maps. With the difference, that this time there weren't any trees or hills on the map.

I had a lot of archers (that's the reason why I wanted some more - hoping that the knights don't even reach me), and when I told them to hold the line they didn't manage to form one. Although there were over 100 archers the line didn't become "longer", and the archers crowded at the ends like they were in a narrow, invisible corridor. I think that the crowds at the ends mostly consisted of archers who came with the reinforcements.

I don't know if this helps you in any way, but perhaps you can fix the "crowded ends" of line formation which I already had several times, or you can get a clue where the stutter comes from.

Unnecessary to say that my PC normally stands battle size 200 without any problems  :wink:

Well as for the alyssa being MIA, I had to restart 2 new games before she showed up so I dunno what the heck went wrong. I literally search all the taverns within a day and couldn't find her in my other game. I dunno

And for the 100% bug, I got it like twice when I was taken out by a counch lance from I think khert raiders or lancers within like the first minute of battles. But then again that happen in the save file that had alyssa not showing up in the game so could be a bugged file? I'll see if I can somehow throw myself into the path of a charging lance.

Back
Top Bottom