Bug Reports and Known Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember actually, but there is a bug with the slave trader or ransom demander.

When I tried to sell any prisoner, it buys the prisoner for a huge money like 101215153210. I didn't sell them for a realistic gameplay but it should be a bug.

not all the lords appear in the lord list when awarding fiefs... I do not have too many lords (there are only 3 kd left in this realm and we all have a similar number of lords, the only thing is I have the lands for the 3 kd i eliminated.  I can not award fiefs for some lords as they are not in the list...

ZignarutSilver said:
I don't remember actually, but there is a bug with the slave trader or ransom demander.

When I tried to sell any prisoner, it buys the prisoner for a huge money like 101215153210. I didn't sell them for a realistic gameplay but it should be a bug.

Try patching to the current patch. Actually, seeing as we're releasing a patch soon, wait until it's released.

I read through the FAQs and skimmed through as many posts as I could with the time I have and saw nothing so posting for help...I just downloaded the original mod and patch for the first time today. When I tried to unpack the .rar file for the patch I get this error

CRC failed in Native Expansion\main.bmp
Unexpected end of archive

the patch folder still unpacks and I overwrite the original mod but it doesn't seem to update the mod. Still just says native expansion on the dropdown in M&B with no ver #. In the FAQs said the ver # should show up which is how you know your patch is correctly installed. I played the game for a while but doesn't seem like any of the patches since the original release are in as far as I can tell...any ideas? I'm not a complete idiot I unpacked the original mod and put it into correct folder M&B/modules and overwrote it with the patch. Tried re-downloading both and installing from scratch and nothing.

I searched for in in this forum, but I didn't find anything. Although I'm quite sure this supposed to be mentioned already:

You feature list tells me, that some troops have party skills.

Some normal troops now have party skills, having them with you can provide bonuses to some of your skills.  We aren't going to give a full list, try to find them yourselves

I found out that Rangers have 10 in tracking, spotting and pathfinding. So they should be pretty useful in my party. But on the screen on the left side their skills are not mentioned. And while moving my party I can't recognize any change either. So why don't these party skills work?  :???:

Common Bug? Does this have smoething to do with my particular version of the game?

Another bug is, that some lances have a white texture (with a bright blue touch), and some shields have a strange beige and orange texture. If you want I can post some screenshots.

Edit: ah! Something else I remember: One day I discovered, that in the party skills list on the left of the party screen my looting skill was on 7(+2). This was kind of strange to me, because I didn't put any points in the looting skills of my two compagnions. So I released them as an experiment, but the bonus stayed. So I took a look onto my troops, but all I had were Paladins, Infantry, and Ivory Archers. So where does the bonus come from?  :???:

The looting thing is actually a self-bonus. You can give bonuses to your own personal skills for some reason. That's a native thing.

I've noticed that two quests involving killing some spawned bandits are problematic.

First is where a guild master asks you to deal with some looters around the city. First of all those looters immediately flee from you so you chase them across half the map. Second, local armies attack them as well, and if someone else attacks and defeats a looter band, you fail the quest (or rather it becomes uncompletable), even if you joined the battle to help the 5 scouts that attacked the looters first. Additionally, sometimes I myself defeated all the looter bands that I saw and the quest still did not complete - do some of them spawn too far perhaps, outside spotting range?

The second quest is also from guild masters who ask you to deal with troublesome bandits. It has all the same issues, though you immediately fail the quest if someone else attacks those bandits first, even if you helped and had the biggest force. Some more robust checks need to be added to those quests so that at least if you have the biggest army, you are considered to have defeated them even if some piddly group of 5 scouts attacked them first.

Better yet, make them ignored by normal NPC armies, like those bandits that kidnap a girl.

Ohh.... first post...  :shock:

First off, this mod is awesome. Awesome beyond comparison... well, I've only played this mod but it's still awesome!

And I've run into problems, one of my saved games seem corrupted somehow. It's a character in about level 35 and I have a nice share of cities for my faction (the Silerian Kingdom will crush the puny Vaegirs...)

The mod has worked flawlessly until just recently. I basically just turned off the game and the next time I played there was a whole bunch of problems involving food.

If I go to a village, they only sell INVALID ITEMS represented by a wooden sword, all the food (including ale and wine) is gone. I can still buy food in cities but they give 0 morale bonuses....

I have the latest patch for M&B, the latest mod version + the patch.

I've tried an older saved game and creating a new character and none of them have this problem. I guess I could just start a new game but I feel like I've put so much work into this one...  :sad:

So... any tips?

Wonderful community btw, I love moddable games.

If you didn't change anything and it was working and now isn't working I can only guess something caused your save file to become corrupt in M&B itself.  I don't know what to tell you.  But, with the new patch everyone will be started over with new games anyway.

This topic is locked, if you have a bug to report, please use the new thread here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57896.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom