Bug Reports: 1.07

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenoargh

Grandmaster Knight
Please submit bug reports for version 1.07 here.

Bug report guidelines:

1.  If it involves a consistent engine crash:
A.  Have you updated Warband to 1.127 yet?
B.  Try turning your battle sizes down.  Blood and Steel has higher resource requirements than Warband.  Not by a huge amount, but it all adds up.
C.  If that doesn't work, try turning music off.
D.  If that doesn't work, try DirectX 7 rendering.
E.  If none of that works, report a bug.
F.  If you're reporting a bug, hunt down your RGL log, take a screenshot, or otherwise try and tell me as much as possible about what went wrong and when it happens.

2.  If it's gameplay related (something acts funny, or does something illogical, but the game runs), it's probably something I can fix. 
A.  Let me know what it is.
B.  Let me know how to reproduce it, if possible.

3.  If it's just something you don't like, it's a Feature Request, not a bug.

4.  Bugs are normal parts of building a big project.  Please don't flame me, I'm working for free here :smile:

i found a minor bug in 1.06, but after looking at ur 1.07 release page, i dun think u address it

When i shoot and kill stuff using a flintlock pistol, my crossbow proficiency increases instead of firearms

That isn't a bug.  Anything that isn't a Cannon-type uses the Crossbow skill.  I should probably put that into the Wall of Text, so that I don't have to answer this three times a week.

lol, maybe u can consider editing the firearms prof. description, cuz it says firearm prof. includes pistols and muskets...thts y i thought it was a bug...

That is a thought.

Done.  Uploaded new build.  Hopefully that will prevent future confusion caused by the text not quite matching the game :mrgreen:

reported this before for 1.06 but did not have great details, happened again right now as I am doing the new version. After running the auto installer a box pops up that says......
"Warband installation directory could not be dsetermined from registry or steam data! You should make absolutly sure the installation path is correct when asked" I use steam and its location is the default steam c/prog filesX86/steam/ect ect.

Thanks for your great work.

**edit... Just put new version on my other computer with steam as well, no message box but it did not recognize anything, the path it wanted to install to before I corrected it was /Warband/modules,,, no C: Drive or anything.

That means that Steam's Registry data is different, or that the installer isn't being allowed to read it.  I don't know if I can fix that or not, I'm not very experienced with NSIS.

I don't think the path problem with steam and installer is such a big deal really.

Playing 07 and keep coming up with a CTD error when I click on map to go somewhere. The error message says......
"Unable to position training field at XXXXX and XXXXX( X being coordinates)." Doesn't happen all the time but alot and I can't seem to narrow down whats related to the crash(certain area of map ect), if I find a common denominator will let you know.

while we were besieging Dihrim for some reason the battle size limit was ignored and got like 600or so more guys on the scene >=U tried to Cntrl +F4 to avoid the runtime error but nope.

Unfortunately the peasant rebellion is still buggy. I started again (on mommy this time :razz:)... I recently attacked and destroyed a Vaegir caravan (Elite crushers sell for 675 a piece :razz:, and are surprisingly hard to kill, even with massive crossbow/longbow volleys...:S )... And then after this I noticed I am no longer 'hostile/warring' the Vaegir faction? I don't have to sneak into the cities and their lords don't bother me :S...

Something wrong with the sieges? Have max combatants set at 350, well now at 250 because I wasn't sure at first what the problem was. Every single siege I have done all reinforcements happen right at the beginning making for a siege with 600+ combatants on the field. Luckily my computer has been able to handle it so far but only barely and makes for a bit of frustration.

I set mine at 120... Usually it spawns much higher than whatever you set it at in this mod. Perhaps 2xs :wink:.

Setting it to 250 means that the final battle size is set around 400 or so, lol.

Seriously, I'd recommend 150-175, which should run smoothly (about 200-2 troops on the field at once).

Unfortunately the peasant rebellion is still buggy. I started again (on mommy this time :razz:)... I recently attacked and destroyed a Vaegir caravan (Elite crushers sell for 675 a piece :razz:, and are surprisingly hard to kill, even with massive crossbow/longbow volleys...:S )... And then after this I noticed I am no longer 'hostile/warring' the Vaegir faction? I don't have to sneak into the cities and their lords don't bother me :S...
Doh.  That is bizarre.  Oh well, I'll have to track it down.

I keep getting this runtime error even when I have a max battle size of 30 men and my music is off, what does that mean?

Hiya there, before i report the bug, just wanted to offer my wholehearted congratulations: this is a fantastic mod, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the differences and the thousands of new objects.

Having said that, I've noticed that a line of text appears whenever fighting in villages to save them, saying that reinforcements aren't possible or some such. Plus I also got the following lines a few minutes ago... I'm not complaining about the funds mind you, but stilll....

SCRIPT WARNING: Division by zero; LINE NO: 29:
At script: party_give_xp_and_gold.
At script: party_give_xp_and_gold,
You got 40000000 denars
Your relation with Qalyut has improved.

the village relation was still 8 as usual, btw. I'm a mercenary archer, male, playing in casual gamer mode.

I keep getting this runtime error even when I have a max battle size of 30 men and my music is off, what does that mean?
Uh... given that level of instability, it'd have to be something pretty bad, like a video driver not getting along with the engine.  What hardware, and have you tried making changes to your driver settings, and does it crash, say, when you're in Vaegir territory, fighting on snow, or just when fighting on plains?

SCRIPT WARNING: Division by zero; LINE NO: 29:
At script: party_give_xp_and_gold.
At script: party_give_xp_and_gold,
You got 40000000 denars
Your relation with Qalyut has improved.
Doh!  That's not good.  Probably one of the last-second changes meant to nerf the Barbarian broke it- that's what I get for not sleeping that long :wink:  Oh well, enjoy the free gold :smile:

Can't get off this mod, i'm an addict, lol.

On topic: opponent still dont charge. I'm 100% sure there was less than 80 men on tae field, but still no charging. Btw, what's the miserable number of 80? Even at the game start, if you have 40 men party and encounter a 40 men party of Assorted scum (almost the eakest party of tae game), you have to make your way to them.

SUGGESTION: can you megre in-battle AI behavior with the global map behavior? Like if opponent attacked ya on the global map, they charge, if you do pursue and attack, they hold their ground like "oh duck, we have no other choice".

tbh, these features (new AI tactics aka camping and semi-random plains) made my game experience worse. Mod was shiny without them, and I do repeat my prair - plz make them able to be turned off via camp menu, great xenoargh  :grin:

It's 80 for the enemy party, not yours. 

Doesn't take effect for random terrains- I'll change that in 1.08, and make random terrains that are smaller, so that those early fights are really basic like they were in Native.

Also, I'm going to address three things I read in a whine thread elsewhere:

1.  I will let people access Inventory / Party window while Sieging.
2.  I will finally fix the Ransom Brokers so you never have to read their opening speech after the first time.

SUGGESTION: can you megre in-battle AI behavior ith the global map behavior? Like if opponent attacked ya on the global map, they charge.
That isn't very realistic.  Waging an aggressive war strategically, but then being defensive tactically, was a very normal part of medieval warfare, IRL.  I've already stretched the point a lot, by forcing the AI to charge eventually- usually a force like the Rhodoks would be willing to (literally) wait all day for you to charge them, because their whole army is built to defeat that, and if you don't engage them, you can't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom