Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

Users who are viewing this thread

Jedi412 said:
Hey Guys,
I have Warband and I tried to play your Mod(1257ad_095pre10). But it isn't working that good. After i killed that guy in the street in the beginning and start to collect 5 men, everytime, when I try to have a fight, I just see that Pre-Fight-Screen (Lead your men into battle, send your men into battle, etc.) and than the whole game freezes and an error occured : Runtime error!

Another one is a texture error. When I try to buy something at a merchant's shop (at the automatic screen) first the all the things are blurred, but after 2-3 seconds they are focused and the game collapsed. Saying to me: texture error!

So....can you help me ^^ Because i really like this mod...I would be ashamed, if I could not play this one....
What are your specs? It seems like your graphics card is running out of memory.

Could be....I set the detail-levels (texture, and so on) down and everything works now.
But after a while, especailly before a fight, there's the RGL-Error: get_object failed for mesh: skybox_clean_08 .
I read the FAQ and clicked textures on demand (ON), but the rgl-error did not disappear.....So any further suggestions?

First of all: What is a hotfix (in german plz, cause I'm from Germany)
and secondly, how do I use it etc...??

andaquan said:
1.IN BALGA,A PLATFORM CAN BE STOOD IN THE AIR.(NEAR THE GATE TO THE OUTSIDE)  WEIRD! :evil:
2.ALSO, MY STEPPE HELMET SEEMS WEIRD, TOO. IT'S TIP AT THE TOP PART ISN'T CONNECTED PROPERLY WITH THE REST PART. AND THIS HELMET COVERS MY EYES NEARLY. PLEASE DO NOT DELETE IT, JUST MAKE A CHANGE. YOU KNOW, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
THANK YOU!!!
3.IN MANSOURA, THE BUILDING LIKE A TEMPLE IS HANGING IN THE AIR, TOO.
WE NEED PICTURES OF YOUR BUG,I CAN'T WALK THROUGH MANSOURA LOOKING FOR SOME KIND OF TEMPLE.

THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY? POST PICTURES :!: :mrgreen:

First of all: What is a hotfix (in german plz, cause I'm from Germany)
and secondly, how do I use it etc...??

Just because you are from Germany won't help to have them speaking german on an english board.
You can read a lot about this mod in the introduction thread which is a sticky one so it is an easy find. You will also find a lot of information about problems of this or any other mod in those introduction threads. And in this case you find the solution for your problem in there as well.

I just did a search for  "skybox" and "hotfix" and found what you are looking for.
And here it is:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2254

[ Damit sollte es gehen.  :cool:
Aber lies nochmal genau nach, ich hab das Ding nie verwenden müssen. ]

Well I been playing this mod, but whenever I play in wooded areas it tends to just freeze up and the game still runs and it does'nt crash to desktop the frames will just freeze to 2 frames and will go back and forth making the game unplayable. Not sure whats causing this but it DOESN'T happen on vanilla and desert maps, ONLY maps with wooded areas with the polished landscapes mod. Not sure what it is but I would like to fix it as this mod is rather good but being unable to play certain portions irritates me.

This is not a solution more a workaround until you find the solution. If this happens open the task manager and return back to the game. This helps me if that happens. I think you need to tweak your configuration to get this game running smooth but I am not sure. Most problems are solved if you lower your texture quality to around 60%, load textures on demand. But there are those who know better and there are also threads where almost every problem has been solved already.

I tried that just now and the same thing happened... I really think it's linked to the polished landscapes mod, if I could remove that from this I think it would work fine.
I've tried to minimize it but it happens so frequently it breaks the game essentially, by the time I finally fix it my character is already missing half his health or worse.

Change shadows on flora to 0 (i forget the exact wording of this option), this is what causes the biggest amount of processing.

Tried it, didn't work, I actually recorded the glitch to show what exactly happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oM6qNRCpq4
And when I DO try to minimize it and fix it it won't open up cause apparently mount and blade HATES being minmized. It only stuttered in the end because I exited it, if I just left it on it woulda just stayed frozen like that.

Is there anything we can tweak to stop the Declare War bug or is this something that we'll just need to wait on the next version for?

Great mod btw. Really appreciate the time and effort all you guys have put in to make this.

i cant fight a single fight with another AI lord, when im trying to attack the player and map coms up but then the game freezez and then crash.

i got the newest update and the hotfix.

anyone that can help me?

If you should play pre 10 version you need the game patched to 1.31 or 1.32.
In case you use the SVN version you need patch version 1.34.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
There are wars again. You sure that you have the latest update?

I've not had a problem with wars in the game. In fact, i've not noticed any difference since the version upgrade.

There is a bug though that will cause the player to randomly declare war if they're not already at war with someone. This has been reported fairly early in this thread. I'm just wondering if there was something we could perhaps tweak under  randomly_start_war_peace_new in scripts.txt to avoid this bug for now.

I think for the NPC factions, the game figures out what your status is and who would present a good target for a war. So it figures out if you're in good shape and who your neigbours are and how strong they are etc and then it may randomly start a war. Unfortunately, i think the player faction may be getting caught up in the same routine and given some of us play fairly conservatively, we're constantly thrown into random wars against our weaker neighbours. This is all conjecture mind but seems to fit what's happening.

I just checked the Sicilian castles, they good, the villages re good, the siege re good, the only problem is inside inner castle, theres a stair that cant be used well, need to jump 1st, sicne theres another guard in the inner castle on the top of the floor

Back
Top Bottom