Bug report for 0.97

Users who are viewing this thread

steelwarrior

Sergeant at Arms
Hi,

my troops many times do not do what i say - especially if I tell them to charge they just stand around and get slaughtered - help please...

I think I saw a contrail in the sky in one of the villages. It was a sunset screen. Unfortunately I had to get back to beating a peasant with a quarter staff, and once the beating was over it auto-quit before I could take a screenshot.

Also, the tavern keepers and harlots and probably noble ladies too ( I haven't gained entrance to a castle yet) look like they have had their faces stuck in a vacuum since birth.

Ivan the Awesome said:
I think I saw a contrail in the sky in one of the villages. It was a sunset screen. Unfortunately I had to get back to beating a peasant with a quarter staff, and once the beating was over it auto-quit before I could take a screenshot.

Also, the tavern keepers and harlots and probably noble ladies too ( I haven't gained entrance to a castle yet) look like they have had their faces stuck in a vacuum since birth.

There's new faces meshes.

However I think that the wrong normal map might have been included with the mod.. the default normal map is being used with the wrong face mesh.

.. Yeah, I just took a look at the female faces, most of the skins are weird... As in, broken weird... Also setting your age too high messes it up aswell, so yeah probably the wrong normal maps.

Have no fear, Crazybump is here!

Even with that said though, IMO you should go back to the default warband mesh. I gave that face mesh a try for my mod and I just couldn't get into it. The male head meshes are excellent, but the proportions are totally off for these female face meshes.

Kuauik's female face texture are great though, no shame in using them on the old mesh.

I just played for an hour and here are my review/bug report:

1. Recruiting at my village has a bug ( chose lance recruit at begining )
In menu recruiting at my vilage, all recruitments are 7, however when out to map my party has nearly 80 members ( from newbie to elite troops ).
2. In looting menu, I don't see setting value for looting. Is that a bug or not? If not, I recommend add it to.
3. In amr shop, a Masterwork Heavy crossbow has 39 dam and a Hunting crossbow has 30 dam ? I dont know the true dam of Hea.crosbow, so I think itz a bug?
4. About head armors/ shields/  horses, I think head armor is too strong ( some >> 100 ), shields and horses are too weak and very easy to break/damaged.

The most important thoing is that my troops do not charge in open filed battles - they do automatically in sieges and when the battle is over and the enemy flees - otherwise they stand around and get slaughtered - help - cause like this it is unplaybale for me....love the game itself though - can see the great potential...

by the way my companians seem to obey the charge order sometimes...but no one else

steelwarrior said:
The most important thoing is that my troops do not charge in open filed battles - they do automatically in sieges and when the battle is over and the enemy flees - otherwise they stand around and get slaughtered - help - cause like this it is unplaybale for me....love the game itself though - can see the great potential...

by the way my companians seem to obey the charge order sometimes...but no one else

Some people have reported these things before, but I never where able to replicate any of it. Ever. And you can't make them charge right away, by the way. It takes a few seconds for your forces to reorganize at the beginning of the battle, so that would cancel out your orders.

If you respawn as an auxiliary troop, you will need to reselect your troops for them to follow you. This is an engine limitation, that I had yet managed to overcome.

I waited - but they still do not charge - no one - so what can I do about it? Like this it is unplayable for me - what did the other guys do?

yes - I can move them around the whole battlefield and at start they go into position - just wnat to play this game desperatly - just get slaughtered all the time...

they do not do follow me either... but moving in formation works...

Well this is really strange then.

If you have companions try moving them to some other group(to one of the unused, group 8 or something). And see if that helps.

If that does not work, I'd reinstall warband to 1.153 (no in between patching, full install to the 1.153. Patches have history of causing strange bugs). Reinstall the mod as well.

If that does not work, can I get your save game before a battle where these things happening?

ok - i´ll try all of them - never had that problem with other mods though - there I can charge around...

Moved companians to a different group and they did charge - no one else...

Now I am reinstalling the mod....new install mod - new game - everyone charges but my infantry - getting more and more weired....

fresh install warband - fresh install mod - new game - everyone charges but infantry...

What to do now?

I can send you my savegame...now arvhers charge and cavalary but not the infantry...

steelwarrior said:
Now I am reinstalling the mod....new install mod - new game - everyone charges but my infantry - getting more and more weired....
It does. One more thing - try to disband formations for your groups and see what happens.

Ok played a bit today and I really like the new update, it's been a lot of fun.

However I cannot continue my campaign because of a strange and annoying bug. I'm playing as a Portugese and were at war with the Emirate of Granada, now we're besieging Granada itself. It looks like a new scene with new siege warfare, namely a sieging tower if i'm correct? The sieging tower is bugged, it has no entrance, we're blocked by a wall. So reaching the enemy is impossible. I'll post some screenshots later on.
As previous said I also encountered some hideous women along the way, but not all of them are monsters, which makes the game a bit even more historical accurate :mrgreen:.
That's a bit it, the rest of the bugs I noticed don't make the game unplayable.
Regards

DrTomas said:
steelwarrior said:
It does. One more thing - try to disband formations for your groups and see what happens.

How to disband formations - that can be the problem - when the infantry did not charge they are the only ones with enough troops to move into formation...

Now i found the bug - it works through f keys but not through menu which I used with backspace and mouse click

Yeah works now

but manor problem - I conquered Panlona and there are two manors which I did not build - it says the are abadoned - but they are not have pops in them - but I cannot use them as new owner...

Back
Top Bottom