[BUG e1.7.0] Order of Battle - Archers in Infantry

Users who are viewing this thread

Takazul

Regular
I love the Order of Battle System. However, there is a pretty serious bug (I think?) I split my infantry into Groups 1 and 2 and Archers into 3 and 4. Worked great first battle. But now my archers are all group into 1 even though 3 and 4 are toggled as "Archers" with a 50/50 split. They are both just 0/20. And I cannot see another way to revert them to the "right" group.

Am I missing something or is it bugged?

Thanks.

Last edited:
We're going to have a hotfix on monday(hopefully ?) that should address some OoB's issues. Thank you for reporting.

please allow us to reassign companions again!

they are getting slaughtered out there because i cannot afford proper armor for them and they are being assigned to the infantry and there's nothing we can do about it

I haven't tried the companion thing yet in 1.7.0, but allowing the player to assign them as before is a better feature.

please allow us to reassign companions again!

they are getting slaughtered out there because i cannot afford proper armor for them and they are being assigned to the infantry and there's nothing we can do about it
Oops, just win some tournaments and you get ok gear either for yourself or compagnion because prices are unexpectadly low now (what I prefer).

Oops, just win some tournaments and you get ok gear either for yourself or compagnion because prices are unexpectadly low now (what I prefer).

thats not the point.

i want to be able to control what my companions do in the battlefield. not have the game assigning them and locking them in a formation.

Not sure if related: My companions (Hero/Wanderers) are on horses, but count as infantry on inspecting my party. How do we change this now?

They respond as cavalry for in battle orders.

I had an issue like this after a siege attack (siege with ladders seems to lump every one into group 1 and 2) where the next normal battle it had archer and infantry mixed together, but then it seemed to sort itself out and in then next battle every things was where it should be. SO I guess it's something to pay attention too but I don't understand it fully.

I found in the battle oob that my cavalry units contains a certain amount of polearm armed heavy infantry who get killed chasing the cavalry around the battlefield... that brings a 1900 day level31 campaign to a halt until fixed. However, this battle also followed a siege battle that went as planned but included putting the cavalry into a shield wall.. (I want my expensive horsemen to use their shields during the siege).. and splitting the heavy infantry (no shield 2hander guys) into a seperate formation. So this needs to be sorted and give some flexibility back without spending ages fiddling with sliders and inadequate option buttons before each battle.

I found in the battle oob that my cavalry units contains a certain amount of polearm armed heavy infantry who get killed chasing the cavalry around the battlefield... that brings a 1900 day level31 campaign to a halt until fixed. However, this battle also followed a siege battle that went as planned but included putting the cavalry into a shield wall.. (I want my expensive horsemen to use their shields during the siege).. and splitting the heavy infantry (no shield 2hander guys) into a seperate formation. So this needs to be sorted and give some flexibility back without spending ages fiddling with sliders and inadequate option buttons before each battle.
Luckily, for me, the mixed issue I was having seems to have a work around/sorted itself out. I've found that as along as groups 1-4 are their "normal" group (inf., arch, cav, bow cav.--respectively) the groups don't mix. However, I agree that there needs to be a better way to split infantry. The only thing I miss with OoB is the Falx flanking group!

I think it will mix up again if your army goes to a siege.

maintaining group 6 heavy infantry was always a pest. They used to spawn in the centre of villages and would have to come fleeing out at the start of battles. Up to 1.70 they used to frequently forget their assignment and reset to Infantry. The current issues are probably built on this legacy.

Back
Top Bottom