[BUG] Crazy Mountain Bandit. Really.

Users who are viewing this thread

BladeNShield

Recruit
I have no money, maybe around 230 denars and look what this crazy thief wants from me! (By the way, in the text "I don't have that much money with me" there's missing a . .)

mb9.jpg

Sure, I will pay... If I have no money, I have no soldiers with me. This is a new character that I made and this is what this bandit asked me after the 8th day.

And because I wanted to live, I tried to give him the money. Now look what it did to my money. I just started the story.

remixq.jpg

You have either:

Have you done any of these?
1. Used character export to increase your amount of money to ridiculously high levels.
2. Pirated the game/used crack.
3. Used patches. Patches have contained some bugs throughout the history of M&B.
4. Created the save in older version of Warband.

Any one of those could cause this kind of problem.

EDIT: Changed it to seem less accusative.

Any chance you're blundering about in solid gold plate? If so, then I can imagine why he thinks you can cough it up. :razz:

Either way, I'd've tried fighting if I couldn't pay.

i thought that the "very well, take it" option is only aviable if you have the money, otherwise there would be only the "cant afford" option.

possum's right there, if he didn't have the amount demanded it should have asked him to fight or surrender instead.  Only time you go into negative cash flow is when you can't meet upkeep for troops.

hessuu said:
You have either:
1. Used character export to increase your amount of money to ridiculously high levels.
2. Pirated the game/used crack.
3. Used patches. Patches have contained some bugs throughout the history of M&B.
4. Created the save in older version of Warband.

Any one of those could cause this kind of problem.

1. No.
2. I bought it from Steam.
3. No.
4. No.

Feragorn said:
Well then you just suck. Restart that game. Or just cheat your money back up to zero.
Or he could just submit this to the bug tracker (http://bugs.taleworlds.com/) so he doesn't have to read any more accusatory bull**** from you kids.

Someone else reported a similar bug after getting captured. I like to think this was just a mountain bandit trying to be funny... imagine how surprised he was that you actually managed to pay him 429 million denars, despite you not having it. Who knew that Calradia was already operating a modern economy and it was possible to spend ****loads of money that you don't have? I wonder what he's going to spend it on... a fleet of champion chargers?

On a more useful note, you should export your character, edit the money in the text file so you're not ridiculously in debt, and then re-import your character.

possum said:
i thought that the "very well, take it" option is only aviable if you have the money, otherwise there would be only the "cant afford" option.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the amount of money bandits demand depends on the amount of money you have, so (when it works correctly) bandits should never ask you for more money than you have. Oh, and good luck getting out of the hole BladeNShield. Might want to start looting some towns, or maybe just sell your body to the king  :smile:

I think bandits take 10% of money u have in your inventory, but in this case it's not  :shock: .U should export your character, change the file and then import it back.

Back
Top Bottom