Bots behavior?!

Users who are viewing this thread

spiritwind

Squire
How would I go about adding features to the bots, for instance, how would I make them run a command, like pushing a button, when their health is below 50% or so?  Where are the limits with changing bot behavior or adding new things?  Is it like most fields, the limit is where it currently stands?  Any help is well appreciated! 
The Fallout team thanks you for helping make it more enjoyable to the public!

Well most of the operations you probably have in mind are the agent_do_something commands.  Look in header_operations for the complete list.  I'm not a master at most of them myself, but I found just having a look at the options did wonders for my understanding of the module system.

It would be done in the mission_templates.py file as a trigger.

You can decide on how often the trigger checks (probably something like 0.2,0,0).  If it's one key troop that will be doing this, it would be a good idea to find his agent number at the beginning of the scene, and throw it into a global var.  If not you have to run the check on all agents each time.

When the conditions are met (you can find operations to check his HP level) you can script him (look up script) to move to a specific pos, easily marked with an entry_point.  When he gets there you can trigger and event.  I haven't played with this yet, but there are other ways.  You can always test his current pos.  If it is the same as the entry point, then activate the button.  He doesn't have to make an action, just being in the trigger location will do.

Back
Top Bottom