Boredom sets in after massive amounts of honor troops obtained!

Users who are viewing this thread

Sporky said:
Sir Nickolas said:
I think I read somewhere in either the suggestion thread or Quick Questions / Answers thread that Barclay, Mettenheim, Veccavia troops will be easier to obtain in 3.6, but they will be costly in some form. I don't know if that means Qualis Gems or simply a large amount of money.

I plan on doing the "foreigner" playthrough then, currently it is fairly difficult to get such an army in 3.5, save for a rare "Heartbeat" quest that apparently allows you to hire a lot of them at once, but I never got one of those...

I've never even heard of this "hearbeat" quest, does it just appear or do I have to talk to someone in a tavern for it?

I know you've never experienced it, but what have you heard about it?

Also I've decided to try and do a Jatu army and pretend I'm the Jatu destroying everything. I think the only way to do this playthrough would be to use cheats and cheatmenu though, unless someone can tell me if how to recruit regular Jatu to my army, I planned to ctrl+alt+f4 and then recruit them to my party and go on a rampage. Sadly that didn't work so I'm going to try gambling with qualis gems to get a big army.

That's what is challenge,, you are simply getting troops so, it looks way easy.. :smile:

CAP Jatu troops will be a tough task for you...try it... in 20-30 days of roaming in Jatu area you may amass JAtu army of 80-100

As others have said, add your own house rules to increase the challenge:

1. Full difficulty, obviously
2. Don't use honor troops
3. Stick to one factions troop tree
4. Play on foot and use only foot troops

Pretty much the standard rules to avoid any mod getting too easy in the late game

Tie your hands behind, and play with your teeth.  :lol:
Or you can actually use handcuffs. That won't be boring for sure.

The thing is, I dont think it should be up to the player to invent new rules to keep the game interesting. I think the PoP team realizes this with their inclusion of the feature in PoP4 where the Snake Cult will provide increasingly more troops to enemy factions as the game advances. Until then they are making it more difficult to obtain honor troops in 3.6, so just wait a little while longer :smile:

mr48 said:
The thing is, I dont think it should be up to the player to invent new rules to keep the game interesting. I think the PoP team realizes this with their inclusion of the feature in PoP4 where the Snake Cult will provide increasingly more troops to enemy factions as the game advances. Until then they are making it more difficult to obtain honor troops in 3.6, so just wait a little while longer :smile:
The way I look at it is that, you know, there's only so much they(Taleworlds, PoP team, anyone else who creates a game or mods ever) can possibly do. After a certain point a game will get to the point in which the player feels he's done everything, and either has to make something else for him to do or just play something else.
I mean, it sucks, sure, but if you really want to keep playing the mod, you're going to have to make it interesting for yourself between the significant changes by the company/team.

Personally, when I get bored of having an OP army I just disband all my troops and run around with 10 or so select troops/companions and go about some mission I gave myself, typically following along with a movie or something.
Things like  trying to take a castle with a relatively small band of mercenaries(Flesh+Blood), being a small elite unit retainers for a King, etc.
One of the games that sticks out in my mind was when I started as a trader with a couple body guards, got robbed by bandits, and for the next couple in-game months went about with a small retinue of slavers, bludgeoning and selling every outlaw I could catch until I made my fortune back.

I'm sure you already see this side of the argument, but I'm taking a break and feel like typing, so forgive me if this is redundant.

Do nothing for about 1k days.

Then things gets interesting.

Those sieges that you are so casually writing off? Yeah, now they have 250+ order knights defending each town and are sally-prone.

Have fun fighting knights of the eventide in melee with your silvermists.

Lords and monarchs also get *slightly* more powerful as time goes on- At day 1500, I see a lot more 200+ sized armies.

Somewhat related to this thread...

Fighting Ithilrandir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA-wk2Dwhus

I was surprised I didn't suffer too many losses as originally expected when I fought him , even though I did use 282 Knights of the Griffon. Of course, I was still playing on my easy difficulty, and this is after I conquered Pendor trying for "True PoP Victory".

I guess honor troops do extremely well, even against the Noldor. Of course, true testing would involve being a pro and raising difficultly levels, but I rather have fun then be extremely frustrated when my guys constantly die in front of me.

One way to make the game harder is to set reinforcement ways to 99 and increase battle size (to say 250+) and increase the threshhold of when reinforcement waves arrive (set threshold at 20 or 25).  If your PC can take it you will have massive battles in which you will do very little and in which you will most likely die.  When you do, your troops will ALL charge (archers too :smile:) and you will find that is not as easy to win anymore.  Does anyone here play on autosave.?  I dont because one time while palying Brytenwalda mod I tried an game glithced on my around day 800... it sucked.

What would it matter if there is 99 waves if you face a army of 500, or 3k even as long as you have top tier troops. It's not like just because there is 99 waves they get more troops than when you started the battle.

It would because your honor troops will start feeling the brunt of the overwhelming force when their health is not reset, eventually having their horses killed or running out of arrows and forced to fight in melee and eventually, even tier three soldiers can kill them.

Yes but if you have 160 elite troops and you face a Jatu army of 900 for example with the options I had suggested, the first wave will have your 50 elite troops versus a wave of 200 Jatu lancers which will not be nice.  Then if you kill about 50-100 of them you will have that many more appear.  So I think that even if you have 50 Sarlean knights or 50 Eventide knights you will still see that they don't do that well agains that mass of Jatu.  Not to mention that if you face a blob of 2k main faction troops you will be crushed.  Just saying.  Plus if you have siege with your 1.5k troops vs 1k garrison of high level troops you will find that a non-edning siege battle will mean you will not be able to be able to kill many people yoursefl and alos your troops (even high level) will be mowed down.

there would not be 99 waves because after the nth wave (n<10) for most of your battles there would be no enemies/allies left but the point is even if you have 200 silvermist rangers they will run out of arrows and then they will have to fight meele.  Technically then if you set waves to 10 you should get all troops fighting/dying in the first fight.  It is a lot harder.  One thing I would change in the game/mod (if possible) is that for some reason all AI casaulites are fatal while player with high level medic will have most casaulites as wounded.  I think AI lords should also have the same feature.  This would make the game more interesting although I don't know how this would affect AI behaviour.

Difficulty in end game still needs to be boosted significantly.  Perhaps something that increases AI lord troop numbers as the days go by or when the player levels.  The cost to upgrade Honor troops should be raised dramatically, probably through use of Qualis Gems as a requirement, even for the first raise.

The house rule I play with is that I can't ever recruit nobles, I can only use honor troops that appear in my garrisons naturally and I can never upgrade them.  That allows me to still have cool honor troops, and they actually seem like an elite guard since there are so few of them. 

After a certain point, a full honor troop faction is essentially invincible in combat.

The critical mass to reach is about 400-500 troops (depending on which honor troops).

At pre-1k days, basically any combination of honor troops can wipe any army on the map if you can hit 400 or so and have good surgery. 400 KoEG can probably destroy multiple faction armies by themselves (to the tune of 2-3k men). However, you'll have to quit-scum a few times and will have to rely on terrain.

At post-1k days, it is possible to achieve the same result with upgraded version of Centurions/Dawn/Eventide. Most of the rest are not up to snuff.

If you can spend about 10M on upgrading Centurions, they hit 600 proficiency and 100+ HP. At which point they are on par with noldor nobles in melee.

If you combine them with a few hundred elite archer troops (like Omen seekers, Doom guides or noldor troops), you can take on any army or even any COMBINATION of armies on the map.

At the moment i have a troop limit of around 900. With 150 Doom guides and 750 upgraded Centurions, I can probably take on every lord on the map at once (5k-6k men). This is running at around 121% difficulty (full damage and AI). I pretty much just need a hill to perch on and pew pew things away while my centurions tank the damage.

6k is too low for all lords together. The following screenshot proves it and those were only the lords that did follow me on campaign.
mb54_zpscd30340e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom