Boredom sets in after massive amounts of honor troops obtained!

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm inclined to agree. More arrows is good by the account of witnessing the need to use hold fire or have archers standing around with empty quivers when you desperately need pinning fire.

Noldor bows might be ok, but longbows kind of accentuate the fact that Silvermists aren't mobile rangers (like Clarion Call and Mobile Rangers).

Aleatorio said:
punj said:
Silvermist rangers also use use noldor bow with noldor arrow( more damage than arrows used by doomguides)..

What? No! I wish that was the case (I think it has been requested in the suggestion thread several times) silversmist rangers use regular longbows. If i'm not mistaken they don't even use noldor arrows and even if they do that can't balance (by far) the difference between the longbow and the noldor bow.

Yeah you are write,, I last used them in POP 3.42... so, yes you are right.. in that version i guess they had Nolder arrows ...

punj said:
bobknight said:
Default Username said:
Like I said, it's your game and you're free to play it the way you want, although the whole aspect was a little suspicious to me at first, granted that I implement several rules to make the game difficult for myself, which could have limited certain gameplay potential. My apologies.

Andy, he claimed to have 150 Doomguides, which isn't impossible considering the Three Seers spawn multiple times and capturing seer recruits aren't exactly very difficult to just smack into submission especially with a doom mace. However, I usually capture about 30 or so seer recruits each time, but I usually lose about 50% of them when trying to upgrade them into physical perfection aka doomguides.

Uh, and apology accepted. But you should note that I posted before you apologized.

@Nierra

There are no foot archers who are anywhere near as good as doomguides (Except perhaps for the Noldor troops, but they cost Qualis gems).

50 or so Doom guides is equivalent of about 200 upgraded silvermists. The Noldor bows they use make them miss 1/2 as much as the long composite bows and does a good 4-5 points more damage as well as being significantly longer ranger than standard longbows (2 points higher power draw).

Few troops with better stats also means they are easier to defend and you lose less of them. (It also matters when your battle size is less than 600 so you get your full archery support with a limited battle size)

They are essentially Noldor Nobles without a shield and more arrows.

As I've said before, 50 Doomguides + 300 heavy knights/infantry is enough to kill most full stack armies when given a small hill to perch on. The only other non-noldor unit that even comes close is the KotEG.

Silvermist rangers also use use noldor bow with noldor arrow( more damage than arrows used by doomguides)..

They are better at close range too.... so, 5/6 times upgraded silvermist rangers  > Doomguides(they have weak armor than silvermist rangers)

This post is hilariously wrong in every aspect.

Sir Nickolas said:
If you are feeling suicidal, try besieging Elacrai, the Elven castle.

OH    MY    GOD  an elven castle??? Where is it? Wait don't tell me, hopefully I'll find it myself.

Wastipk said:
Sir Nickolas said:

OH    MY    GOD  an elven castle??? Where is it? Wait don't tell me, hopefully I'll find it myself.

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Elacrai

@ Noosers
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59574.msg1540274.html
our own Saxondragon said:
Now.. imagine that when we ask in Mount&Blade for a five number sequence between 1 and 100.. and it looks at the clock (a standard way to seed the randomization process), and gives us a set of random numbers.  The processors are so fast that they seed the process each time with the same number several times before the clock changes..thus we get a string of like numbers... not random.

This is why we get these string of same numbers in a row.. you see this effect in battle when we spawn two or three troop types that look identical even though they can randomize out in very different equipment.
The engine first needs to decide whether to hit the target or not with the missile (in acc. with the accuracy stat), then to kill the agent getting damage or not. So maybe these decisions to hit the target and kill them usually 'overlap'/are 'equivalents' when generating a random result.

Very late edit: nvm, I was wrong.

Could be, but SD´s observation was for MnB and I reckon TW fixed or mended it for WB.

And just as I said, it´s a mere gut feeling with nothing to backup. Especially since I haven´t dropped that much time into WB than I did into MnB.

Don't know, but it looked like the same happens in WB too in my experience. I'm too lazy to test it properly though.
redface.gif

Very late edit: it's a bit better now.

Borge_AU said:
Wastipk said:
Sir Nickolas said:

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Elacrai

It's totally invisible until you met the requirements so if you hope to find it by searching, it won't happen.
Laria's tavern will have a hint though.

bobknight said:
punj said:
bobknight said:
Default Username said:
Like I said, it's your game and you're free to play it the way you want, although the whole aspect was a little suspicious to me at first, granted that I implement several rules to make the game difficult for myself, which could have limited certain gameplay potential. My apologies.

Andy, he claimed to have 150 Doomguides, which isn't impossible considering the Three Seers spawn multiple times and capturing seer recruits aren't exactly very difficult to just smack into submission especially with a doom mace. However, I usually capture about 30 or so seer recruits each time, but I usually lose about 50% of them when trying to upgrade them into physical perfection aka doomguides.

Uh, and apology accepted. But you should note that I posted before you apologized.

@Nierra

There are no foot archers who are anywhere near as good as doomguides (Except perhaps for the Noldor troops, but they cost Qualis gems).

50 or so Doom guides is equivalent of about 200 upgraded silvermists. The Noldor bows they use make them miss 1/2 as much as the long composite bows and does a good 4-5 points more damage as well as being significantly longer ranger than standard longbows (2 points higher power draw).

Few troops with better stats also means they are easier to defend and you lose less of them. (It also matters when your battle size is less than 600 so you get your full archery support with a limited battle size)

They are essentially Noldor Nobles without a shield and more arrows.

As I've said before, 50 Doomguides + 300 heavy knights/infantry is enough to kill most full stack armies when given a small hill to perch on. The only other non-noldor unit that even comes close is the KotEG.

They are better at close range too.... so, 5/6 times upgraded silvermist rangers  > Doomguides(they have weak armor than silvermist rangers)

This post is hilariously wrong in every aspect.

Last time i used silvermist rangers was in 3.42,, so... i was unaware of this recent change

Back
Top Bottom