Boredom sets in after massive amounts of honor troops obtained!

Users who are viewing this thread

With 10 million to spend on upgrading, as well as maintaining 900 honor or equivalent troops? Even if he did not cheat the renown aspect, he probably Ctrl + X. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I never spend that much money on upgrading just one Order. You'll have to excuse me if I'm rather cynical about it. Although it's his game, and he can do whatever he wants, I'm not compelled to tell him the right way to play, seeing as I'm only playing on 90% difficulty myself with 400 battlesize.

The only point that I can agree on is easy endgame with honor troops. Maybe a suggestion would be to limit the number of honor troops that can be hired at any one time.

Edit: Waldoks, he did say pre-1K days, and add the factor that renown decreases by a certain fixed percentage each week (needs verification), unless he spends 99% of his time bludgeoning hapless soldiers and bandits, it's unlikely to get that much, unless maybe fighting 20 minor faction armies simultaneously.

Well, there're some ways to get money. Actually you can just get yourself several villages, and you'll get good income every week by just having them. Or you can make peace with everyone, become a marshal, and organize a feast in your town, it won't end until you decide to start campaign, which means you can prolong it as much as you wish, meanwhile you'll be able to have about 2-3 tournaments a day (once you participate in one, just wait few hours, and it'll start again), which you can keep winning for money, renown and honor (you'll get 20 renown, some honor, and about 7000 gold each time). Until you get tired of this of course. Though, this can be a some kind of bug.

Yeah, I know about that, but it's an exploit imo, so I only participate in it once. It's really cheap to exploit it, especially after 3 shots of medieval steroids.

Well, paying for 900 honor troops is not that big deal (when you have 900 honor troops you also own already half of the Pendor), thus i never earned 10 milions denars in one game. Meaby if i import char i would manage to do that, but i like to waste my money on gear for companions :p

And as for decresing renown -> is that true? Cuz i never saw anything like that.

Want my save file to prove it?

I don't cheat, but I also ran as mercenary for about 900 days before joining as a lord (of each and every faction) for another 300 days. Then I did every single claimant for the next 200 days. At 1600 days in the game, I had over 16k renown because I regularly take on entire armies by myself as part of the claimant quests. When you have 50 or so doom guides, it is really easy to rape 2k stacks with about 300 men. That means 200ish renown for each battle.

I am also really ******** patient.

I do not yet actually have 10M. Though I've spent about 5M on upgrades (my knights are at 590 skill at the moment). However, it would be trivial to get 10M once i've conquered half of the world. I don't have any garrisons in any of my castles because I run a mobile defense force and have no standing army beyond my doom guides in peace time. I can raise about 500 centurions in 2 days due to the fact that 5 of my 12 or so companions have 6+ trainer and are level 36+. Furthermore, it is trivial to gain wealth when you are in a claimant campaign because you seige everything down and leave 1 castle, then you just destroy their army over and over again (they can only spawn there) and get the bounty for the lords. Doom guides also uses blunt weapons so i regularly have full stacks of 100 prisoners to sell.

Saying people are 'obviously' cheating when you lack the skill/patience to play the long game is a little insulting.

[Edit: The renown decay is really annoying though, after I established a small kingdom where the empire used to be, I decided to build up the economy of the towns and over the course of about 150 days, I lost almost 1k renown. However, by day 1k I had about 10k renown due to constant fighting and had party size of about 700 if I remember correctly]

Like I said, it's your game and you're free to play it the way you want, although the whole aspect was a little suspicious to me at first, granted that I implement several rules to make the game difficult for myself, which could have limited certain gameplay potential. My apologies.

Andy, he claimed to have 150 Doomguides, which isn't impossible considering the Three Seers spawn multiple times and capturing seer recruits aren't exactly very difficult to just smack into submission especially with a doom mace. However, I usually capture about 30 or so seer recruits each time, but I usually lose about 50% of them when trying to upgrade them into physical perfection aka doomguides.

I had about 50 for the first half of the game, I got a second spawn around 800 or so days, caught another 100 initiates. I currently have about 90 Doom guides and 50ish favorites. 

Keep all you troops garrisoned and move around alone,,, :smile: this way you will get more money..

I got 2000 denar from a bandit party.. + inventory worth more than 6000 denars...

Additional you may start recruiting some new recruit and playing like a new game while your troops are inside garrison :smile:

Or play without lords... just make all of your companions lord

They´re high end horse archers wearing of the best female armours (despite it´s slutty XENIA appearance), shoot a true arrow from a fearsome bow and use the Doommace.

Plus they can be easily obtained by farming off 3 Seer patrols. They´re the best HA unit ingame the player can obtain and the best method to farm prisoners.

bobknight said:
Saying people are 'obviously' cheating when you lack the skill/patience to play the long game is a little insulting.

I already apologized, didn't I?

And clearly you're insinuating that I get bored easily. That makes us no different as we are simply accusing someone else on face value. I've played into the post-1000 days before, and being a rl banking associate, I pride myself in having better than average funds management even if it is virtually, and have played plenty of mods and previous PoP.

If you still want to make a monkey out of me, we can do it via PM, but please not here.

Back
Top Bottom