Blue Screen/Crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corndawg

Grandmaster Knight
Hey folks,

I've been having difficulties today with my computer as it's started randomly crashing. It began when I was installing Guild Wars 2 and then a Flash Update popped up. I, likely stupidly, pressed the button to have it begin installation. After a few minutes of the two simultaneously going, my computer crashed. Undaunted, I logged back on and it immediately crashed again. After another restart, I managed to log in for about a minute and was presented with this error message:
The box was titled "RunDLL"
tumblr_mo3bf7AeIr1qdgpvno2_1280.jpg
I attempted to start Task Manager (I typically do so when I start my computer) and it wouldn't open. Moments later, it crashed to this screen:
tumblr_mo3bf7AeIr1qdgpvno1_1280.jpg
I'm completely lost here and could use some help. Maybe it had something to do with Flash? I dunno, I'm going to try to reinstall it, but input would be useful.

Edit: Forgot to say: Google searches provided no tangible results.

The flash installer was probably a virus. Installing two things at once isn't really dangerous unless the two programs are editing the same files.

Your best bet is to enter safe mode and do a system restore.

I think the first message was definitely a virus that still had a spot in the Startup, so I shut that off and it started fine for a bit longer. Then it crashed to the blue screen again, so I guess system restore it is.

My father decided that a full System Recover was the best option after two separate restore points failed. I'll assume my problems are fixed at this point.

I'd avoid making such assumptions, they'll kick your ass in the future. Before you do anything, check your startup programs and services in msconfig to see if there's anything unwanted. It's also a nice way to clean up some bloatware.

Splintert said:
I'd avoid making such assumptions, they'll kick your ass in the future. Before you do anything, check your startup programs and services in msconfig to see if there's anything unwanted. It's also a nice way to clean up some bloatware.

I'd already gone through that before I did the system restore. Then I did it again after that. It wasn't my choice for the recovery, that's just my father jumping to the worst when he doesn't know what to do. However, my problem is technically fixed, so I'm locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom