Blocking system need fixing

Users who are viewing this thread

duchuy613

Veteran
The blocking system of Bannerlord is very clunky compared to Warband. The block action feel sticky and unresponsive all the time.

Here's the problem: When you press right mouse button, your char blocks. However, when you release the right mouse to stop, your char doesn't immediately stop. So when you move your mouse and block in another direction quickly, what ended up happening is that your char will still be blocking in the previous direction when you press right mouse button again and causing it to block at the same old direction instead of the new one.

For example, with the sequence: look right -> block -> release -> look left -> block

In Warband, it would be: Block right -> reset -> block left

However, in Bannerlord, because of the delay in reset, it ended up being: Block right -> Block right.

I really hope this get fixed soon because it's almost impossible to fight properly in Bannerlord without a shield at the moment.

I think it's just a matter of getting used to the timing. I don't have problems with it and haven't heard many people complain. Besides, it's supposed to be harder than using shields, other wise shields would be pointless everywhere except against arrows.

I think it's just a matter of getting used to the timing. I don't have problems with it and haven't heard many people complain. Besides, it's supposed to be harder than using shields, other wise shields would be pointless everywhere except against arrows.
I'm sorry, but I find that a bit of an insipid excuse. I've had issue with the responsiveness (or lack thereof) of the combat too, and I was never a great duelist in the original game. I'll take some L's based on my lack of skill, but I'm getting my butt handed to me by Looters half the time.

The combat just feels sluggish and unresponsive compared to Warband.

Having the exact opposite experience.

Combat feels accelerated in comparison to Warband and it took me 5-10 hours of tourneying to get used to the new faster-paced flow. I haven't had any issues with quickly switching block directions. My only problem is that thrust and downward blocking is less responsive than the other directions for some reason.

For those of you with sluggish combat, is your game running at a smooth 60 fps? I imagine stutters and lower fps could have a significant impact on this.

Combat feels accelerated in comparison to Warband and it took me 5-10 hours of tourneying to get used to the new faster-paced flow. I haven't had any issues with quickly switching block directions. My only problem is that thrust and downward blocking is less responsive than the other directions for some reason.

For those of you with sluggish combat, is your game running at a smooth 60 fps? I imagine stutters and lower fps could have a significant impact on this.

Regularly getting 40FPS, combat still feels fluid but I had noticed issues with blocking like stated in the OP.

but I'm getting my butt handed to me by Looters half the time.

I think you might be miss remembering Warband. Looters here felt the same to me:
It can be hard at the start if you go against them alone and with no shield or horse, but if you get a horse and a spear/lance or a bow it becomes ridiculously easy to beat groups of 5 to 10 looters all by your self. Even easier if you also use a shield with the spear/lance. It's the exact same as warband. Go in circles around them and pick them off 1 by 1.

EDIT: Also, if you go in the options you can change the damage that enemies do and you can also lower the enemy AI. You can try doing that until you get more used to it.

Same. It feels smoother and accelerated. The community needs to adapt to the changes I guess. We all will get used to it in time.

Only issue I have with blocking is that it’s harder to predict the swing animation and swing direction of the enemy and reaction time is so little. But I enjoy the challenge.

i feel blocking should be similar to For Honor, in this i mean changing Block when holding Block,
as so if i put up my block and you move to attack right then quickly left, i can move to follow and block,
adding a timer or bar as so you can only block for a set time before being unable to for a time could balance this,
stoping people from turtling, and allow for more feints and mixups.

Back
Top Bottom