With the recent announcement of Bannerlord Early Access set to March 2020, excitement has been growing inside the community for what could possibly be one of the very last tournaments on Mount & Blade Warband. Obviously, with Bannerlord itself having been announced a while back, the rumours of tournaments being hosted for the very last time go back far in time, so much so that it ended up becoming a well-established joke within the competitive community. For that reason, erring on the side of caution remains the safest approach as it still is to be seen how the game will be received once its access is spread to a larger public.
Nevertheless, there is no arguing that March of next year will be a month awaited by many players of the community, competitive or not, and for that reason, the upcoming tournaments set for the end of this year ( Nations Cup 2019 ) and the beginning of the next one ( Warband Native League 8 ) might be looked back at some of the very last competitions ever played on the game. In the case of the 10th edition of the Nations Cup, applications just closed the Saturday 28th of September, and we are now in the very first week of the competition.
To accompany you in this competition, BladeCast_TV will be publishing a series of contents which we hope will help you to enjoy this tournament to its full extent. Below, you can find a list of some of our upcoming articles, as well as those already published.
- Watly's Interview | NC (Released)
- Barto's Interview | ITA (Released)
- XiaoShanZha's Interview | CN (Released)
- Krzyzak's Interview | POL 2 (Released)
- Robin's Interview | NORDEN (Released)
- Charlini's Interview | ESP (Released)
- LaPache's Interview | GER (Released)
- Last chance saloon for the United-Kingdom (Released)
- France & BeNe seeking the ashes of past glory (Released)
- Spain's challenge of remaining at the apex (Released)
- Germany & Russia attempt at a strong finish (Coming soon)
- Turkey & Poland, for yet another trophy (Coming soon)
-TBA vs TBA (Coming up for the playoffs)
In this article, we asked some questions to Watly, one of the head admin of the competition, to understand a bit more the process of organizing a Nations Cup on Mount & Blade Warband.