[BladeCast - Interview] Barto - Italian Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

Tardet

French Toast
Count
Contents_Header.png

With the recent announcement of Bannerlord Early Access set to March 2020, excitement has been growing inside the community for what could possibly be one of the very last tournaments on Mount & Blade Warband. Obviously, with Bannerlord itself having been announced a while back, the rumours of tournaments being hosted for the very last time go back far in time, so much so that it ended up becoming a well-established joke within the competitive community. For that reason, erring on the side of caution remains the safest approach as it still is to be seen how the game will be received once its access is spread to a larger public.

Nevertheless, there is no arguing that March of next year will be a month awaited by many players of the community, competitive or not, and for that reason, the upcoming tournaments set for the end of this year ( Nations Cup 2019 ) and the beginning of the next one ( Warband Native League 8 ) might be looked back at some of the very last competitions ever played on the game. In the case of the 10th edition of the Nations Cup, applications just closed the Saturday 28th of September, and we are now in the very first week of the competition.

To accompany you in this competition, BladeCast_TV will be publishing a series of contents which we hope will help you to enjoy this tournament to its full extent. Below, you can find a list of some of our upcoming articles, as well as those already published.

In this article, we sat down with Barto, one of the Italian captains, so he could share some insights about his team, especially after Italy went missing in the Nations Cup for a couple of editions.

BladeCast Interview - Barto | Italy Captain

This is the first NC edition in a long-time featuring Team Italy. I wanted to have a word with you on why the national Italian team, and more generally, the Italian players, have been missing from the scene for so long?

The Italian team has not played since 2015 mainly because since the AB clan has disbanded there has been no one to push to create a new clan and community in native until the arrival of the CDI...

The CDI?

The CDI are the 'Insubria' a new Italian clan that also played in the WIS, this clan managed to bring back Napoleonic players or mercenaries in native and to recreate the community

And so that did motivate you guys to create a team for this edition of the Nations Cup?

We did it because we think it's a good idea to have Italy play again at least in the last NC in warband.

Can you briefly explain to us what was the process of recruiting the players and why did you guys choose to function with a trio of captains?

We created a tournament for all the Italian teams, and we took the strongest and most experienced players, most of us play in different clans. for example Verdi in Dunno, I in CDI, Giulione in NorthMan and other. We put 3 captains to better control the situation with other nations, I'm the one who trains the guys, Verdi is definitely the strongest and most experienced, SamSara was the leader of Italy in 2018.

Barto said:
"We created a tournament for all the Italian teams, and we took the strongest and most experienced players"[...]

You mean, he was the leader of Italy in the Nations 5aSide? Because I don't recall an Italian team being there in the NC2018?

Sam was the first to try to get the Italian team to start again but he did not succeed immediately due to lack of members. However, he tried again after getting to know the CDI and I think this year will be fine.

Apparently, you guys have been willing to get the Italian community back under the spotlights for quite sometimes. Does this mean you have any particular expectations for this event? Or are you simply aiming at representing your country and having a good time

This year we come to represent Italy for the last time in warband, we still hope to have fun.

[size=6pt]ARTICLE BROUGHT TO YOU BY @BLADECAST_TV, CUSTOM GRAPHICS BY @ROSSLINGTON  ARTICLE WRITTEN BY [url=http

yourNotAlone said:
The last two questions are the same other than that a very interesting interview! Thank you :grin:

Yeah, Cow told me on steam, I changed it to the correct question, the answer was the good one, thank you.  :party:

Back
Top Bottom