Blade Symphony

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
Cool, intentionally quoting someone's mocking statement - someone I have ignored for a reason - with full knowledge of the fact that I ignored him for the purpose of bypassing the ignore system, in the hopes that his statement will irritate me. Success.
I don't see any mockery in what I said. I didn't post that with the intention of irritating you either.

Also, his statement is asinine. Just because one guy is a couple of rating points higher than the next in line doesn't mean he's the "winner."
Actually yeah, that's exactly what it means. It's a competitive game. By your logic, the fact that Usain Bolt ran 100 meters a few hundredths of a second faster than the next guy doesn't mean he won. And I'm the one making asinine statements? :lol:

Ringwraith #5 said:
Actually yeah, that's exactly what it means. It's a competitive game. By your logic, the fact that Usain Bolt ran 100 meters a few hundredths of a second faster than the next guy doesn't mean he won. And I'm the one making asinine statements? :lol:

Orion said:
It means he is currently at the top of a constantly-changing ladder

Single race vs. persistent ladder.

Do you not see the difference? Rating on the ladder is a result of performance across an entire season, not in a single duel. You just think you're Christ on a cracker and infallible to boot. That's why I have you muted. I won't respond to any more of your foolishness.

Yeah, sure, you're totally right. That analogy doesn't work at all, everyone knows a sprinter's career consists of a single race. It's not like Bolt has to run race after race after race. Again, I'm spouting foolishness here? This is why you have me muted, because you're foolishly annoyed by me correcting you and trying to make you use that big round thing between your ears (no, not your nose). What you should feel is gratitude, but this is nothing new; I didn't use the word "pearls" in one of my previous posts by accident. :wink:

Made Orion uninstall. He is raging hard over the character I play, Ryuko. To bad I have no recordings since every time I hit my recording button the game froze today. This Dak guy was playing my guy and just beat Orion since he was raging and falling into silly traps.

05/09/2013 13:06 Dak 0.8127 1.0000 0.95
05/09/2013 13:03 Mac 0.6208 1.0000 1.94
05/09/2013 13:01 Mac 0.6175 0.6667 0.25
05/09/2013 12:57 Mac 0.6121 1.0000 1.99
05/09/2013 12:55 Mac 0.6066 1.0000 2.01
05/09/2013 12:53 Mac 0.6011 1.0000 2.04
05/09/2013 12:52 Mac 0.5954 1.0000 2.07
05/09/2013 12:50 Mac 0.5925 1.0000 2.09
05/09/2013 12:48 Mac 0.5932 0.3333 -1.33
05/09/2013 12:45 Mac 0.5874 1.0000 2.11
05/09/2013 12:44 Mac 0.5863 0.6667 0.41
05/09/2013 12:42 Mac 0.5803 1.0000 2.15
05/09/2013 12:39 Mac 0.5791 0.6667 0.45
05/09/2013 12:36 Mac 0.5778 0.6667 0.46
05/09/2013 12:34 Mac 0.5717 1.0000 2.19
05/09/2013 12:32 Mac 0.5703 0.6667 0.49
05/09/2013 12:30 Mac 0.5696 0.6667 0.50
05/09/2013 12:28 Mac 0.5706 0.3333 -1.21
05/09/2013 12:26 Mac 0.5758 0.3333 -1.24
05/09/2013 12:22 Mac 0.5751 0.6667 0.47

I uninstalled because apparently Ryoku can dash through a sword, through a player, and then through a sword again, all in a single dash, and not get hit or stopped. Then he can turn 180 degrees and spam an uninterruptable, unblockable six-attack chain for a third of my health, that I have no counter to.

That character needs to be patched. It is broken. It is cheesy. There's a reason most of the top players use it exclusively, or nearly so.

There's a reason their forums have threads titled "so-n-so is breaking the game" and the players mentioned are cheesing on that character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KXxn-pE3tyQ

The #1 player in the rankings seems to give zero ****s against my character.

The number 1 ranked player also exploits glitches. You've seen the end of the video as well as I have. He also says it's hardest to do what he's doing against the jian. That's what you use. :roll:

Orion already reinstalled but would only play me if we didn't play on ranked servers  :roll:

He then proceeded to ban me from his vent after I told him to stop talking **** after he was saying someone playing the same class as him was 'swinging faster' and doing all sorts of other things. Meanwhile I am dueling the third ranked player in the game trying to concentrate and he is just there yapping away so I say stop talking **** and he then proceeds to lose some duel against someone who is ranked much lower than himself and he then screams, o marmad.

Anyway,

Here's a preview of upcoming changes. You can play with these changes on the nightly branch.

We're currently testing these changes on the Nightly dedicated server.

Dash will no longer be usable immediately after an attack. Each attack you do will essentially count towards the dash timer. This constraint adds some really cool situations when we were testing, for example being the defender and blocking, the dashing in after an opponent finishes his string for a grab. In the current live game the attacker would simply dash away to safety. This is no longer possible in nightly. As a side-effect, it's now possible to corner somebody, and spacing suddenly becomes important without the use of dash always on tap.
Katana will take 1 chip damage when blocking. This is to give the Katana user a ticking clock for every time he uses block. Due to this, as the match progresses block becomes more and more expensive to use. In extremely low health situations, the decision to use block becomes critical.
Ninja stars bounce of players who charge to tier 2 and above. This is to give another way for players to rush down ninja star throwers. So long as you're in tier 2 by the time the star hits, you'll be immune to it.
In conjunction the ninja star throw animation requires holding the button and can be canceled after 1.0 seconds. This is to allow feigning a star, and to break star stalemate situations where both players have made a decision to throw the star except one player did it too late.
Grabbing another grabber will cause knockback. This is to prevent silly situations where both players are trying to grab as fast as possible while staying in the same spot. This also has a new animation.
Movable attacks. Judgement's side heavy attack is now completely mobile at 75% the normal run speed. He can jump, land, and walk all within the same attack. Like-wise Phalanx has new Balanced side attacks that are also mobile, at 15% faster running speed. Ryoku may get a mobile attack soon.
Turning rate reduction duration when hit is lessened. This is not on nightly yet, but we're trying to reduce the turn penalty to bring back game fluidity.
Judgement's balanced left and forward attacks are slightly slower to start.
Ryoku's balanced left attack is slightly slower to start.

Meanwhile I am dueling the third ranked player in the game trying to concentrate and he is just there yapping away so I say stop talking ****

Oh the irony. Day to day, Kev, that's what you do. I just gave up telling you to stop talking **** because you never do. :roll: It's so convenient that the videos you've uploaded don't have your voice in them, and only mine.

I told him to stop talking **** after he was saying someone playing the same class as him was 'swinging faster'

Your powers of observation astound me. There are only three classes in the game, and anybody that has minimal function in at least one of their eyes could tell that we weren't playing the same one. :roll:

So, yes. He was swinging faster. Here's why.

I banned you from vent because you think it's always troll o'clock. I'm curious about how long it will take before you get banned from here again.

This game was officially released on Wednesday. Since I last played, it has one new sword type (and all of the swords have been changed to some extent, except possibly the Jian), and one new character. It still unfortunately uses a bonkers ELO system that punishes you hard but rewards little, using an expected win/loss ratio in a duel to modify your ELO change. It doesn't even take into account how much health your opponent was left with, so a flawless victory is worth just as much as eeking out a victory by the skin of your teeth, and losing a close match will hit you just as hard as being curb-stomped in 5 seconds. Because of how magnified ELO gains/losses are against opponents near your own rank, you can drop literally hundreds of ranks on the ladder for mistiming one parry or missing one attack in a chain. The top ranking players still have some suspicious dueling histories, too, with lots of wins against the same people over and over again.

So, if you play the game with the understanding that most rank tiers (Oak, Iron, Steel, Diamond) are only indicative of how many wins you have in a row against players with more wins in a row than you, then there's nothing to fret about. Master tier currently seems like some sort of inbreeding joke at the very top, and from what I've seen of a few Master players personally it looks like the way to play still involves finding the cheesiest technique and using it over, and over, and over again. Right now that seems to be charged jump attacks and quick interruptions with side swings (so nothing much has changed).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that sometimes your ELO doesn't change at all when fighting on ranked servers. You apparently don't receive any ELO change for fighting people in different tiers, so an Iron player can't thrash a Steel player and be rewarded for it. I have no idea why it tapers ELO rewards all the way down to 0. Wins and losses should count for something no matter what. This means if you want to improve your rank, you shouldn't play on servers with players who aren't your rank as it's a complete waste of time.

I got this in the Humble Store sale. It reminds me a bit of Bushido Blade, which is good. Can you play against AI, or do I have to go through beginner buttrape from other players?

There are AI, though they aren't particularly amazing. They're aggressive though, so you can't just run circles around them. I can't comment on the quality of the tutorials, as I haven't touched them.

I would recommend Judgement as a starting character, and longsword seems to be the simplest weapon type to learn because of its simple defense mechanic and reasonable damage. I would recommend against using Phalanx if you're new (his attacks are almost entirely thrusts, so you need to be more precise), and don't use katanas until you're confident with parries.

Back
Top Bottom